“cheap hotel & you get what you pay for” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel UI Inn
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Nirolhu Magu, Hulhumale 20132   |
Ranked #9 of 51 Hulhumale B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“cheap hotel & you get what you pay for”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed there for three nights. We hated it. First, we had to wait a long time at the airport for the hotel transfer; then the room was tiny (which was somewhat expected for that price); the linen smelled a bit funny; the worst thing was that they didn't clean the room from day to day, replace the towels or even replenish the toilet paper during our stay. Don't be misled by the photos the hotel posted here. Most of them are of places nowhere near the hotel. It's really just a cheap transit hotel. If you are looking for a cheap hotel for just one night, then consider this one; anything more, I'd try to find something better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Yokohama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel is a nice hotel for any kind of guests.

I stayed there for 6 nights from June 20 to 26, 2013. First of all, I thought this hotel is a business hotel for business men and backpackers but actually there is a beautiful beach beind the hotel and it takes just 30 seconds to get on foot. Guests are from all over the world and you can stay at this hotel for not just business but also for long vacation because there are a lot of activities that you can make as you stay at UI Inn, like the seaplane tour, skin diving, scuba diving, etc...

There is a bus stop and a ferry terminal within a walking distance. Take a bus to Male International Airport and take a ferry or a speedboat to Male Island. In Male Island you can get anything you need. The maldives is an alcohol free country but if you want to drink some beer, wine, vodka, take a bus towards airport, pass the airport, and get off at the last bus stop. There is a hotel called Hulhule Island Hotel, located 5 minute walk from the last bus stop. There is a bar in that hotel.

The employees there are very friendly and diligent. They are alway trying to take care of you and very kind.The rooms are very clean and everything works perfect.
There is a restaurant inside. All the food they make taste really good. Tastes like what my mom cooks.

Room Tip: All their rooms are nice but ocean view rooms are recommended.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Celje, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

On our arrival we got moved to another place, named UI Maavilaa INN hotel. We got two rooms, in our own floor, The hotel was basically new. No complaints here. It was quite helpful when we got caught by the monsoon - we turned kitchen area into laundry room. The Hulhumale island is the best place for backpackers (lots of stores, where you can buy food and cheap transfer to the main island of Male). Here you can find good value day trips. We went to Embudu village and it was good experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was there with three friends in March. The place is clean and the standard is fine. Nothing extra ordinary, but considering the low price for the stay, it is a very good deal. The rooms have the standard things and a tv, fridge and a bathroom. The breakfast is simple and you can order dinner. I am not sure if they prepare the food at the hotel, I think they may order it from surrounding restaurants. The staf are helpful and nice. It is a great low budget hotel, and the only negative thing is that you at Hulhumale cannot sunbathe or take a swim in a bikini etc., but need to cover your shoulders and knees as the locals living on the island are mainly Muslims. The hotel do, however, organize trips to other resort islands where you can wear a bikini. You can choose from a selection of day trips to different resorts with a varied price range. The hotel in it self is cheap, but if you are staying for several days, and wanting to have a beach vocation, you need to take the day trips, which makes the stay more expensive. To get to the resort you need to take a taxi to the airport and jump on the resorts private boats, which only leaves when the hotel picks up their own guest. The pick-up time may therefore vary. The boats does not wait for day visitors, so if you miss the boat you have to wait for the next one, so make sure you are there well before the boat is set to leave. The hotel also organize the taxi from the hotel on the way home. For some reason the organizing of the returning taxi was often less successful and we spent a lot of time waiting at the airport. Other than that the stay was good. They also organize other trips and diving adventures for an ok price.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hongkong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

It is a very good place to stay, clean , and good service, good hospitality, they asked the flight no and organized the taxi and wake up call without we ask. There was a accident, we left the travel hard disk on bed was covered, the staff called the taxi driver to back airport to looking for us, however we already left for boarding. When we found the travel hard disk was missing and called the hotel, they explained and ask for address, and sent to me next day by express.
I already got the usb today , many thanks to UI INN, they give me the best warm service that i never have!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Langkawi, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed two night, I would recommend this it as a value-for-money place to stay in UI Maavilaa INN hotel. To all the staff of Ui Maavilaa INN hotel. Thank you very much for taking care of my need; it was pleasure while I'm there at your hotel. Nasih, your friendly and helpful staff always smiling. Certainly, I found a place to my heart. You have the best Team. I felt like I'm in my place with my family and friends. Looking forward to come to Maldives again and stay here for sure. Definitely I will come again to meet you all guys, with my smile. May be next time I'll come with my big groups and booking many rooms. Make sure that you will treat them more special than me. Thanks altos :)

Clean room with clean bed and shower is all u need.The fun is outside and in the water!

Room Tip: Walking distance to beach
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We went to maldives on January 2013 with 26 friends in our grup.
Nasih is very helpfull and good hospitality. the room was clean, the view was amazing, and dinner was so good and delicious even a little bit late. Thanks to Nasih for his excellent service during our stay in maldives. Looking forward to come to Maldives again and stay here for sure.
- Intano, Jakarta

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel UI Inn? Share your experiences!