“ski power la tania” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Chalet Pascal

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Tania
Chalet Pascal
You added Chalet Pascal to your Saves list
La Tania, France (Formerly Chalet James)   |
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“ski power la tania”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

got to say i agree with other reviews
poor breakfasts, we didnt even get an option of a cooked breakfast rather 6.50 extra if we wanted anything hot
half hearted cleanliness and money for everything
chaotic organisation. waited 1 1/2 hours for a pre booked transfer to la tania then they left it untill 5.40 pm to leave on the last day causing embarrassment for us and other guests.we arrived at the airport with minutes to spare and had to run
hard pressed chalet staff who tried thier best
a rude driver and a resort manager who doesnt return calls
if they carry on like this then i would be suprised if they are in business at all next year

all of this is a great shame because we have been with ski power before and they were fine

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

We arrived on a hot Sunny Saturday to find the snow had all but gone, usually the location of this chalet is amazing ski in and ski out. We were not disapointed with Chalet James or Skipower. The Chalet is a Clean, spacious, traditional decorated chalet. Our Bedroom had 2 single beds pushed together with very comfortable mattresses. A balcony and a generous sized bathroom with bath.The underfloor heating was very easy to control so we were never too hot at night which was a bonus! The main living areas were big enough for the mixed group of 12 staying this week, perhaps we were lucky but everyone got on really well and there were more than enough comfy seats for the end of the day. I cannot praise Emma and Natalie enough, they were warm and friendly but utterly proffessional. The food very good, plenty of wine and everything always on timeBreakfast was plenty with a daily hot option, you really don't need to pay for the full english.The part baked bread was fine and we even had the bonus of Emma baking her own fresh bread daily, amazing!! Gerald the resort manager was always on hand to answer questions, arrange ski guiding and help sort out any problems, he was only ever a call away and popped in most evenings to say hello. I had read alot of reviews who have a problem with the skipower policy of asking for discounts to be returned if you do not book lift passes and hire. It is a ridiculous policy and probably the biggest marketing error I have ever seen, BUT they tell you right from the start,It is on there website, booking conditions and you are notified by email, we had to pay back £45 because we had our own skis, and yes Pip can appear rude but really the only thing she won't do isbe pressured to back down on this policy. I hope that after such disasterous reviews they will revise this for next year. I would not hesitate to you use Skipower again or stay in Chalet James.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Brentwood, Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

We were a group of 10 who booked to stay in Chalet James for one week at end Feb. After having encountered quite possibly the worst customer service ever from the staff at the Head Offices of Ski Power I was very nervous about the trip I had booked for myself and ten friends (8 of who was skiing for the first time). I had nothing but grief from the head office. I found Pip very agressive to deal with and once the holiday was booked her attitude towards me changed very quickly. I had to work out my own payments which I had made for pass' and equipment as they kept telling me I owed money when I knew I didn't. The whole 'pay back £15 if you do not book pass' and equipment through Ski Power' is disgusting. I have never known another company to do this and although it is on their website it isn't something that is stressed at time of booking. Many people have all their own equipment and some who visit the alps do not ski so works out very expensive for them. I felt like they tried to rip every penny out of you for extra's and from reading various reviews on the net I am not the only customer to feel this way. Not a great start to the holiday to say the least.

The flight was good and the transfers were also fine. The chalet in La Tania was in a great position, pretty much next to the nursery run. It was a decent size (for 10, would have been a tight squeeze for 12 though). Rooms were good size and bathrooms also good. The main thing that made this holiday so special for us were the chalet hosts Natalie and Emma. We could not have asked for better. They were so friendly from the beginning and could not do enough for us. The food was the best I have tasted in all the chalet holidays i have been on.

Skiing in La Tania was limited, most of the skiing is done in Courcheval but the resort was nice and had enough nightlife for us.

To sum up the holiday I would say Emma and Natalie made the holiday for us and all of the other Ski Power staff we met out there were also very friendly and helpful. However, my experience with Pip left a very bitter taste in my mouth and I would only book with them again if Emma and Natalie do another season.
THANKYOU NATALIE AND EMMA FOR THE BEST WEEK EVER. YOU ARE BOTH SUPERSTARS

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

We stayed in Chalet James from 1st to the 7th Jan 2011. The Chalet was really homely and warm, with plenty or room for everyone. Our chef for the week was Emma and chalet housekeeper was Natalie, they couldn't have been nicer.
The food was to die for, and there was no shortage of wine either! The chalet is only a stones throw from the village but to be honest we were so happy and content after our evening meal we hardly bothered go out at all!
Little tip....leave you skis, boots and poles in the ski school shop at bottom of the lift down to the village, there is a small rental fee but we thought it was worth it.

Loved it. Loved it. Love it. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

We have used ski power for four holidays over a number of years and they have totally changed this season. DO NOT USE this company as they now rip you off in any way they can, the only and I mean only, plus side is the friendly nature of their chalet staff. The previously fab breakfasts have been replaced by bread and cereal and the 'hot option' has changed to porridge or a pancake from the full English they used to provide. Everything is an extra, we even had to pay £15 each for our  2 children (age 1 & 2 1/2) as they didn't have a ski pass and £15 each as they didn't hire any ski equipment, so it was an extra £60 even though we spent £600 on a nanny for them!!! We will NEVER use this company again as the caring and fantastic service has been replaced by a money grabbing, poor quality, uncaring sevice that has resulted in my worst experience on a ski holiday ever. The owners now just want every penny they can no matter how they rip you off for it and are not interested in discussing anything with you, even when you have been a loyal and returning customer!!!

• Stayed December 2010

Travelers are raving about these La Tania hotels

uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

LUXURY CHALET HOLIDAYS ,,
dont think so ........chalet holidays with luxury prices would be a better description ..
stayed in chalet james which has a nice location ,small rooms , average food ,only cake at tea ,no fresh bread ..part baked re heated inedible sticks......in France thats a criminal offence they bake it twice a day and there is a baker in the villlage!!
ski hosting was a joke ..it didnt exsist
rooms were never cleaned diring the week
the boot room has no outside access so have to tramp everthing up and dpown 2 flights of stairs inside ....
stereo from the 80s no ipod plug in ,20inch lcd tv
unheplful and rude when complained
B E W A R E ....

Stayed December 2010

Been to Chalet Pascal? Share your experiences!