“First class hotel on a first class beach” 5 of 5 stars

The Dunmore
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Colebrook Lane, Dunmore Town, Harbour Island   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dunmore Town
The Woodlands, Texas
“First class hotel on a first class beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed mid December 2014 for our Honeymoon. We stayed in Lime North Cottage (ocean view) and it was simply amazing. The entire property at The Dunmore is gorgeous, private, intimate, and lush. The first night we ate at the restaurant and were blown away! We tried a few other restaurants on the island, but kept coming back for more at The Dunmore. The clubhouse is so warm and inviting too, and we always came for drinks and the amazing yucca chips before dinner. The beach and ocean water were perfect. Soft sand, crystal clear water, lounge chairs and tables set up each morning, and many complimentary water sports (paddle board, kayak, snorkel gear) available for use anytime. I seriously cannot say enough great things about this hotel.

That leads me to the BEST part...the PEOPLE. Every single person you encounter is so friendly, accommodating, funny, and warm. I want to give a shout out to our new friends that we made..Rashita and Bob at the front desk, Henry at the bar, Ann and Lynn in the restaurant, and Daniel out at the beach. We left our honeymoon so sad because we knew we would miss our new friends and the wonderful days we spent at the Dunmore.

This really is my favorite hotel experience I have ever had (and I have stayed at the Four Seasons in Maui - not knocking it because it is great too, but The Dunmore is much more real and personal).

Room Tip: There are only 14 available units, all in duplexes. They are all close to the club house, so you re...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014 via mobile

We stopped by to check this place out, it was not yet open for season. Even though they were not even open , they greeted us warmly and told us to have a look around. Everyone one we encountered was so friendly and kind, the service is amazing !!! The bartender ( Henry?) was such a sweetheart !!

The property is so idyllic , I can't imagine it being more perfect. It feels like a beautiful large family beach house. I definitely plan on staying here in the future, loved it !!!

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2014

This place was decorated very well and had a slight vintage feel. I can just imagine Marilyn Monroe or the Kennedy's enjoying family time there. Food, service, location - all exceptional! Beautiful beach with pink sand! Awesome! I highly recommend it!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Doral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

After a few years of frequenting Harbour Islands, I stayed for the first time at The Dunmore and to my surprise the place was much more than I anticipated. Their welcoming was awesome, (very Bahamian homey feeling), to the point that they already knew who we were even before we checked in. The bartender, Lynn, welcomed us along with the front desk person, Amy ,told us to sit back, relax and enjoy an island drink or cocktail. Little did Lynn knew she makes one the of finest "pina coladas" with "gin" drink in all of the Bahamas ! From Henry who wanted to make sure we were happy to Bob always keeping the atmosphere upbeat and Daniel at the beach, the place with its charm is one of the most relaxing gems of the caribbean, if not the best. Reason, I did not want to leave the grounds during our stay. And the food, excellent and appetizing and being able to have breakfast, unch or dine so close to the ocean added to the experience. In the states, I live on the ocean and I could compare and notice the difference. So far, to me, it does not get any better !

Room Tip: Limited rooms, all located on the grounds are quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Staying at the Dunmore is like staying at a well heeled friend's guest cottage on their estate. The Dunmore combines the right amount of privacy and social interaction. Upon arrival the staff greets you warmly without a typical check in area. It feels like you are walking into someone's home. We had a deluxe garden view cottage which also had a view of the ocean, which was a nice surprise. The cottage was appointed well with a desk and bureau, but could have used an armchair or couch as the only seating were two wicker chairs. The king sized bed was extremely comfortable! The bathroom was huge with both a large shower and Jacuzzi tub. Our room was attended to twice a day for cleaning and turn down service. Monalisa attended to our room during our stay and was great. This beach is the best! The beach attendants were very attentive, setting me up every morning in my preferred spot. The restaurant is great as well. A good rival to Sip Sip for the lunch scene. I prefer the Dumore restaurant and food actually, for both lunch and dinner. You must have the artichoke dip! The whole staff was welcoming, Bob, Amy, Rasheeda and all! I've stayed at several places on HI and rented several homes, I think this will be my place to stay from now on. The only suggestion I have is that they get better loungers for the beach, it was hard to lie stomach down and read as the loungers have straps.

Room Tip: Yellow East is the cottage we stayed in. It is a deluxe garden view cottage, but you also get a vie...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The Dunmore is a beautiful and luxurious intimate beach resort. The location is perfect, the rooms are spacious and very inviting, the bar and food outstanding...but best of all are the wonderful team that make it all happen. It really is like staying in a great friends cottage bit with all the services laid on. We loved it and came away fully relaxed.

The Island is as beguiling as the Dunmore. Whilst a little rustic in places, the open friendliness of the locals, the great choice of very good restaurants and the quirky and interesting shops made for a great destination rather than just being committed to one resort.

We loved Harbour island and The Dunmore. We've travelled a lot and stayed in many high end resorts and would rate this as highly as any we've enjoyed so far. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: There's marginal difference between ocean view and garden. Our group stayed in both and next tim...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Spring Lake, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Everything about this resort is the best...the beach, the food, but most importantly the people.
This was our 3rd trip to the Dunmore and we look forward each time to seeing people we now consider friends. Bob, Erica, Ann, Henry - thank you for all you do to make us feel so welcome when we return each year. This would just be another luxury resort without the hearts of these wonderful people, instead it is a uniquely special place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Dunmore? Share your experiences!