After a few years of frequenting Harbour Islands, I stayed for the first time at The Dunmore and to my surprise the place was much more than I anticipated. Their welcoming was awesome, (very Bahamian homey feeling), to the point that they already knew who we were even before we checked in. The bartender, Lynn, welcomed us along with the front desk person, Amy ,told us to sit back, relax and enjoy an island drink or cocktail. Little did Lynn knew she makes one the of finest "pina coladas" with "gin" drink in all of the Bahamas ! From Henry who wanted to make sure we were happy to Bob always keeping the atmosphere upbeat and Daniel at the beach, the place with its charm is one of the most relaxing gems of the caribbean, if not the best. Reason, I did not want to leave the grounds during our stay. And the food, excellent and appetizing and being able to have breakfast, unch or dine so close to the ocean added to the experience. In the states, I live on the ocean and I could compare and notice the difference. So far, to me, it does not get any better !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dunmore has been completely renovated! The former Dunmore Beach Club has been transformed far beyond the name change. Luxury amenities have been added throughout the historic resort, including a grand oceanfront pool, state-of-the-art fitness facility and a new restaurant serving fine Island cuisine. In-room additions include Molton Brown(R) products, custom furnishings, flat-panel TVs, telephones and Wi-Fi. Experience the new sense of luxury that enhances the tradition and charm of this quintessential Harbour Island destination! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith so you can book your The Dunmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dunmore Hotel Dunmore Town
- Dunmore Beach Club
- The Dunmore Dunmore Town, Harbour Island, Bahamas