“talalla surf camp” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wanderlust Surf

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Talalla
Wanderlust Surf
Wanderlust, Talalla tr7 3db, Sri Lanka (Formerly Talalla Surf Camp)   |
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“talalla surf camp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had a brilliant time here. Talallah is great with good accomodation, fab healthy food and an excellent level of service. The surf camp is outstanding with a very high level of tuition. I have had lessons before in uk and abroad. They were no where near the quality offered at Talallah. Nothing is too much trouble and the guys go out of their way for you. The videos and photographs that they take for you are also of excellent quality. Jack, Ben and Jonny are great guys who go the extra mile to get you surfing or improve on your current level. Special thanks to ben for dealing with a sea sick surfer!!.We will definatley go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ischgl, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Awesome trip, we met wonderful like minded people and an excellent coaching team Jack, Ben, Jonny and Tushan. Our goal is to progress our knowledge and aim to achieve goals identified by Ben, thanks so much.

Already planning another trip to progress our surfing knowledge.

Thanks to you all, Lynda and Davie - Garmouth, Morayshire, Scotland

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I recently returned from my second visit to Talalla Surf Camp and am already looking forward to the third next year. Jack and Ben are great coaches and Johnny's video footage helps bridge that gap between what you think you're doing on those waves and what you're actually doing. The food is tasty, the accommodation is great and the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly.
If you're thinking about surfing in Sri Lanka, stop thinking and just book Talalla.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I have just returned home after a week of surf at Talalla Surf Camp and all we want to do is go straight back there! This was my boyfriend’s second time at the camp. He somehow convinced me (someone who is not really interested in any sort of athletic activities and is a little bit scared of going into the ocean past my waist!) to give it a go and WOW what an experience. I don’t remember the last time I had so much fun! Jack and his team were absolutely brilliant. Their coaching and instructions were clear and easy to follow (although we have to apologise to both Jack and Ben for having to repeat themselves so many times…which they always did with such patience) and the video coaching sessions were invaluable. Having them in the water with us (well…for me anyway) providing constant feedback and guidance was extremely useful as well as being very comforting and reassuring, particularly if you don't feel so confident in the ocean (like me).

Jack and Ben, thank you so much for your guidance and patience – you have definitely got us addicted to surfing and we are already planning our next trip back to your surf camp. Johnny, thanks so much for the photos and video, a great way to remember our trip (and to prove to my family and friends that I actually can stand up on a surfboard)! Thanks again and see you all soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BC, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I spent a week learning to surf at Talalla while vacationing in Sri Lanka. Overall an amazing, unique experience and I did catch one big wave my second last day. The video feedback is such a great way to see what you are doing right/wrong. They really helped me improve all aspects of surfing from paddling out to fine tuning my stance on the board and didn't just simply teach me how to get up in neck deep water like I have experienced else where. I would go back again if it wasn't half the world away, but they sent me away with a lot of new goals to continue to improve my skills. Jonny is a great photographer, it is nice to come away with pictures that make you look like a pro ;)
The resort itself is very relaxing. The staff are extremely friendly, always smiling and helpful with any needs you have. The food and drinks were delicious. I highly recommend going to the lighthouse by boat (which they can arrange). The deep tissue massage after a few days of surfing is a must!
I am glad my other plans got cancelled and I discovered Jack, Ben and Jonny at Talalla!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Torquay, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I had the most amazing 10-day surf and yoga holiday at Talalla Surfcamp! The retreat was beautiful, tranquil and perfect for total relaxation. Staff were always friendly and helpful and the food was fantastic and delicious! I was most impressed with the quality of the surf coaching delivered by Ben & Jack who were clearly very passionate about improving everybody's surf techniques. Their precise constructive feedback and video analysis after each surf session were invaluable in helping me improve my surfing skills . While being serious about surf coaching they would also ensure that everybody had lots of fun out there in the water. The surf lessons were nicely complemented by some perfect surf conditions which I was blessed with everyday of my stay!
I was a newbie to yoga and enjoyed the evening sessions with Mia and Brad very much. I loved the professional photos taken by Johnny the photographer and the video clip he's compiled for the guests of that week.
I would definitely go back to Talalla surfcamp again!

Room Tip: Bring lots of insect repellent
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We booked one week of surf lessons with Talalla Surf Camp, as part of our honeymoon in November 2012, and absolutely loved it!!! Jack and Ben were fantastic instructors, and made every session informative, productive, and most importantly, fun! You can really tell that they have a passion for what they do! In addition, thanks to Jonny we also have some amazing pictures of us surfing, as well as a great video! That’s obviously something we could never have got surfing on our own! Jack also took care of booking all our accommodation at (as well as transport to and from) the Talalla Retreat. He even put up with us changing our minds a couple of times without any complaints, and everything ran very smoothly! All in all, a great operation and very well run! Thanks again guys for a great week!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wanderlust Surf? Share your experiences!