This was our first time to Antigua and were looking for an "away from the crowds" place. That is exactly what we found. Reef View is the perfect place to be if you like peace and quiet. Unlike some other reviews, we don't consider the surf, frogs, roosters and donkeys as noise. If you like the sound of air conditioners and night clubs, go somewhere else.
The "Love Shack" is a cosy retreat. Everything is well laid out but somewhat compact. It reminded us of the interior of a boat. I'm sure that is where Nick got his inspiration when building it. The shower was quite large and having the sunlight streaming in is a unique feeling. The bedroom is very romantic--all you see is blue sky and sea when wake-up. The windows upstairs offer a spectacular view. We enjoyed having lunch in the garden surrounded by the beautiful flowers and hummingbirds.
The beach is very secluded and only occationally saw the octopus fisherman the times we went down. We also found a wonderful spot "our spot" to lay in the sun and go for a little dip when we got too hot.
Karoll and Nick were wonderful hosts, and full of information about the Island and things to do.
We had a wonderful time and recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet unique get away. And yes, the "Love Shack", has a "TIN ROOF"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Three uniquely decorated, fully equipped holiday/vacation homes set in lush tropical gardens - affording spectacular panoramic views of Antigua's famous Cades Reef and neighbouring islands. Located within a stone's throw of a long sandy shoreline fringed with coconut palms on the outskirts of a small fishing village. Owned and operated by long time residents Karoll and Nick Williams - always on hand to help you get to know THE REAL ANTIGUA!!! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Reefview Apartments Hotel Cades Bay
- Reef View Apartments Antigua
- Reef View Apartments Hotel Antigua
- ReefView Apartments Antigua/Cades Bay