My new husband and I spent 2 weeks at Reefview Apartments, the Penthouse Suite. Nick and Karoll couldn't have been more helpful and the apartment had everything we needed and, if there was anything extra we needed, they were very quick and willing to provide it. Their knowledge of the island and advice on places to go ensured that we had a wonderful holiday and mixed with the locals. This is what we were hoping for when choosing the self-catering option.
The location is good. Close to a beach and buses into St John are frequent and cheap. There are several nice beaches and restaurants en route so a car is not necessary unless you want to tour the whole island.
The icing on the cake, though, was the way in which Karoll planned our wedding. She selected a fabulous venue, Jacqui O's, drove us to Government House to register and arranged all the necessary appointments like hairdressers etc. It made for a very smooth run up to the wedding.
So if you're thinking of getting married in Antigua we can highly recommend doing it this way.
We'd definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Three uniquely decorated, fully equipped holiday/vacation homes set in lush tropical gardens - affording spectacular panoramic views of Antigua's famous Cades Reef and neighbouring islands. Located within a stone's throw of a long sandy shoreline fringed with coconut palms on the outskirts of a small fishing village. Owned and operated by long time residents Karoll and Nick Williams - always on hand to help you get to know THE REAL ANTIGUA!!! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Reefview Apartments Hotel Cades Bay
- Reef View Apartments Antigua
- Reef View Apartments Hotel Antigua
- ReefView Apartments Antigua/Cades Bay