Permit being Permit are a frustrating experience for any angler.
Having said that Captain Nick will give 110% effort in getting his clients in casting range of a surprisingly large number of Permit, albeit they showed in loners and the occasional pair or three, but never a school like you may find in Key West.
The fishery is relatively small, and should you really need more of a challenge, the coral heads are a serious impediment to lande
Ing one, should you do everything just right for the umteenth time and that #*!@/^ Permit decide to eat your fly and you have the cool not to stip the fly away too soon....then the companion snapper does not beat the Permit to your fly.
If all the stars and moons Aline, catching a Permit with Captain Nick is truly an thrilling, satisfying experience ; one I would highly recommend for an experienced fly fisherman!
I would be happy to fish( or quaff a cold beer) with Nick anytime, any place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ReefView Apartments consist of three unique and fully equipped self catering holiday/vacation homes - each with full bathroom and kitchen - set in lush tropical gardens affording spectacular panoramic views of Antigua's famous Cades Reef just 1 mile offshore as well as neighbouring islands of Montserrat, Guadeloupe and Redonda. ReefView Apartments is located on the shores of the Cades Bay Marine Reserve in a quiet residential hamlet - just 100m from a long deserted sandy beach, fringed with coconut palms, with walk in snorkeling available right off the beach. The shallows flats which front the apartments for miles in each direction are also a haven for sports fishermen - offering shots at hard fighting game species such as tarpon, permit, snook, snapper and barracuda - to name but a few.... Ideal for independent travelers, who enjoy long beach walks in beautiful natural surroundings, exploring the many interesting facets of Antigua's history and geography and immersing themselves in the local culture to provide an experience far removed from the generic experience offered by most other resorts. Owned and operated by long time Antigua residents - Karoll and Nick Williams - we are always on hand to help you get orientated and to know THE REAL ANTIGUA!!! We very much look forward to welcoming you to our little piece of paradise - down by the sea..... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Reefview Apartments Hotel Cades Bay
- Reef View Apartments Antigua
- Reef View Apartments Hotel Antigua
- ReefView Apartments Antigua/Cades Bay