Permit being Permit are a frustrating experience for any angler.
Having said that Captain Nick will give 110% effort in getting his clients in casting range of a surprisingly large number of Permit, albeit they showed in loners and the occasional pair or three, but never a school like you may find in Key West.
The fishery is relatively small, and should you really need more of a challenge, the coral heads are a serious impediment to lande
Ing one, should you do everything just right for the umteenth time and that #*!@/^ Permit decide to eat your fly and you have the cool not to stip the fly away too soon....then the companion snapper does not beat the Permit to your fly.
If all the stars and moons Aline, catching a Permit with Captain Nick is truly an thrilling, satisfying experience ; one I would highly recommend for an experienced fly fisherman!
I would be happy to fish( or quaff a cold beer) with Nick anytime, any place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Three uniquely decorated, fully equipped holiday/vacation homes set in lush tropical gardens - affording spectacular panoramic views of Antigua's famous Cades Reef and neighbouring islands. Located within a stone's throw of a long sandy shoreline fringed with coconut palms on the outskirts of a small fishing village. Owned and operated by long time residents Karoll and Nick Williams - always on hand to help you get to know THE REAL ANTIGUA!!! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Reefview Apartments Hotel Cades Bay
- Reef View Apartments Antigua
- Reef View Apartments Hotel Antigua
- ReefView Apartments Antigua/Cades Bay