The moment I read Karoll’s response to my inquiry, I knew I had found the jackpot!
Traveling solo, I was looking for a small apartment/cottage in a great location and where I would feel safe. The Beach Cottage at Reefview Apartments provided me with all of that and more! 14 days in the world of "no worry, be happy".
Very personable yet professional, Karoll and Nick are great hosts with a solid knowledge of this island – its people, culture and “must sees”.
I rented car for a few days (with Karoll's help) which was very convenient to visit English Harbor and Falmouth (South) as well as Half Moon Bay (East). Having said that, you can get to some amazing beaches, Jolly Harbor (convenient store) and St-John (main city) simply by hoping on the local bus (route 22). There too, I felt safe at all time.
2 major highlights of my stay were 1) a snorkeling excursion with Nick and Karoll (again, both very knowledgeable) and 2) a day trip to Barbuda which Karoll secured for me with Barbuda Express.
If you are not the "resort/all inclusive" type, well I highly recommend staying at Reefview Apartment for a home away from home. It offers all the comfort one needs and more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Three uniquely decorated, fully equipped holiday/vacation homes set in lush tropical gardens - affording spectacular panoramic views of Antigua's famous Cades Reef and neighbouring islands. Located within a stone's throw of a long sandy shoreline fringed with coconut palms on the outskirts of a small fishing village. Owned and operated by long time residents Karoll and Nick Williams - always on hand to help you get to know THE REAL ANTIGUA!!! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Reefview Apartments Hotel Cades Bay
- Reef View Apartments Antigua
- Reef View Apartments Hotel Antigua
- ReefView Apartments Antigua/Cades Bay