“Perfect Anniversary” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ledsham
“Perfect Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

1st October 2013
For the third year running we have spent our anniversary at Inglewood Manor.
We stayed in the Oak suite and have been perfectly pampered.
Excellent evening meal and breakfast.
Can't wait till next year.. Lovely

• Stayed October 2013
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hi Mattyjamie
We feel really honoured that you have chosen to spend your last 3 anniversary celebrations with us. It's great that we've managed to live up to your expectations once again, and I do hope you join us again next year (if not before!)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

A wonderful refurbished manor house. We have experienced nothing but good service from the staff and the grounds are just beautiful. Would love to hold a cricket match on the oval within the grounds!. The terrace in the afternoon is just the spot for a drink and enjoy the surrounds. Because it is 15 minutes from Chester, it is peaceful and relaxing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Nigel L
Thanks so much for your lovely review, it was a pleasure looking after you during your stay. We should definately sort out a re-run of The Ashes on your next visit!
Leek, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went for one night on a Sunday on their special offer of £99 for bed breakfast and evening meal with a free bottle of house wine with the 3 course meal. It was our wedding anniversary and they presented us with an anniversary card with the evening meal which we thought was a very nice touch. We added an afternoon tea to the package which was o.k. for what we paid. We ate this outside on the terrace on what must have been the best weather experienced for a long time in September which greatly added to the experience. The evening meal, breakfast, service, and the staff were all first class. It was well worth the visit just to experience this wonderful mansion and lovely grounds. We will no doubt be visiting again.

• Stayed September 2013
Hi Clive S
Sounds like you had a lovely time with us, and I'm so glad the sun shone on your anniversary celebrations! We've got some lovely Festive Wine, Dine and Stay's coming up in December with a wonderful live singer serenading you during dinner - we'd love to welcome you to one of those!
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

A group of us (16 people) had lunch at Inglewood Manor on my recommendation. I had lunched their previously and had no complaints. It was a beautiful day and we sat outside. To start with the selection of soft drinks was dismal, almost non existent. The service was slow and when it came the food was inferior. We had booked for 1.30 p.m. and due to the inefficient service it was nearly 4.30 p.m. before the meal was completed. We had all paid a deposit of £5.00 per head, and when the bill came this had not been deducted. I wrote to the Manager, saying how unhappy we had all been with the lunch, but have not received a reply. The lunch was on the 9 July 2013 and my letter was dated 10 July 2013. I certainly would not recommend Inglewood for lunch.

Room Tip: I cannot comment on accommodation as I only had lunch.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Joan B
I am so so sorry that you and your party did not enjoy your lunch with us. We work so hard to really Wow our guests that it is doubly frustrating when we fall down in some way on either the quality of food or service, and it is truly very rare when we don't ring either bell. Your letter to us seems to have gone astray, as we are generally meticulous in our follow-up of feedback (either good or bad), so once again I can only apologise.
Please do get in touch directly with our General Manager regarding your experience, as we would love to try and make amends.

On a slightly seperate note, I did ask our Bar Supervisor about the choice of soft drinks as this is not an issue I have seen raised before and he mentioned we stock the following: Coke, Diet Coke, lemonade, soda, orange juice, apple juice, cranberry juice, pineapple juice, grapefruit juice, tonic water, diet tonic water, bitter lemon, ginger beer, ginger ale, Canadian dry ginger ale, Appletiser , Fruitshoots , tomato juice, J2o orange and passion fruit, J2o apple and mango, Becks Blue, still water and sparkling water
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

When we arrived at the entrance to the manor and drove down the long sweeping drive we were amazed at how immaculate the gardens were tended, and then the manor house came into view,wow, what a building.
upon arrival at reception we were greeted with a very warm welcome from i believe was natalie, she promptly told us we had been upgraded to a larger room due to the forthcoming friday night wedding and explained it would be a lot quieter for us where the room was located(thank you,) we were showed around the hotel and terrace and we both thought the lounge and terrace was stunning with big carved oak doors and intricate mouldings after settling in we had complimentary tea and cake on the terrace which was a really nice touch.
We had a walk round the gardens which were stunning, im not sure we did the full area of grounds as you can get a bit lost but we enjoyed exploring anyway, the room we stayed in was spotless( please thank the cleaners), good quality furniture, quality fluffy towels and the bed for us was comfortable with crisp linen, hand wash, shampoo provided was of good quality too.
even though the hotel was busy the water for shower/sink never run cold for us.
on the first evening we had a drink and relaxed in the lounge until the time came for our meal in the restaraunt, food was good but i felt the portions were slightly small for the price, but we did enjoy the meal all the same,on the second day we mentioned to reception we were going to the zoo and natalie promptly ordered us two discounted tickets, within minutes the fasttrack tickets were in our hands.
On the second night the reception/lounge/bar was full of people and a hive of activity, we were expecting this, the staff had all made us fully aware of this on booking and upon arrival, we were not really bothered about this but we did feel a bit out of place and there was nowhere to sit until the wedding party went into the other room for their meal, we could still use the terrace but it was raining so this option was lost.
All in all the experience was excellent, the staff excellent, the hotel itself impressive and up to date the best i have stayed at so far, if you are reading this inglewood please pass on my thanks to all staff and see you again soon.
gary

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Hi Gary
I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will pass on all your kind words to the team who looked after you. Do come back and see us again very soon.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I booked afternoon tea for myself and my mother last week. I initially called the manor two days beforehand and asked if it was necessary to make a reservation (for mid week) and was told yes. However, when we arrived, there was only one other table occupied on the large terrace outside and nobody sitting inside at all. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the receptionist who was very pleasant and efficient. She took my name, showed us through to the outside terrace and told us Matthew (the waiter?) would be with us shortly. We then proceeded to sit at the table for more than 10 minutes and during this time, not a member of staff came outside, let alone to offer us menus and to serve us. In the end, I had to return to the reception desk to ask them to send somebody out to us. When the waiter did come to us, before taking our order he asked if either of us had any allergies or had preference for white or brown bread which I felt was a nice touch. Due to a number of wasps being present on the terrace (which is only natural on a lovely summery day and being close to flower beds) and us seeing the other table struggling to keep the wasps away, we decided to move inside to have tea. at which point another waiter came to the table to repeat our order and to make sure it was correct.

Although the room we sat in for afternoon tea (directly off the terrace) did still have many of its original features, I felt that it lacked any real ambiance, warmth or character and actually felt quite depressing and dull as it was ultimately a monotone of faded red/burgundy furniture and heavy oak doors and panels - it would have benefited greatly from a vase of fresh flowers or a splash of alternative colour, even the addition of some quiet classical background music to brighten the atmosphere and provide a more conducive environment for afternoon tea.

We both ordered a cafetiere of fresh coffee which arrived in a large, singular stainless steel 'canteen' style pot. The crockery was more practical and thicker than the delicate china I had imagined would be used. We probably then waited a further 10 minutes for the afternoon tea to arrive, the waiter apologised for it being late and told us it was due to the fact that the chef had been waiting for the shortbread to come out of the oven. Afternoon tea was served on a traditional style cake stand and consisted of a selection of tuna mayonnaise, egg mayonnaise and grated cheese and pickle sandwiches. There were two small sandwiches of each variety per person except for the egg sandwich where they were one short! Although I again had been expecting a more traditional selection, i.e. smoked salmon, cucumber, I have to say, the sandwiches were incredibly fresh and generously filled. The cake stand also held a small chocolate brownie, thin slice of fruit cake, a piece of freshly baked shortbread and scone per person - the shortbread and scone still being warm from the oven. The quality of the food was excellent, but again the overall experience was let down by the execution of and absence of all the little finishing touches. For example, there was no separate plate for the cakes/scones, no knives or spoons to cut the scones and to spread jam and cream. As there was no sign of a waiter, I had to again go back to the reception to let them know we didn't have any cutlery and to ask for some to be brought to us. At the end of the tea, again there was no waiter or member of staff around whom we could ask for the bill - so yet again, I had to go back to reception to ask for the bill and then go to the bar to pay it. Not once during tea did a waiter or indeed anybody come to our table to see how everything was or if indeed we would like further drinks, which would have been nice and to honest, expected . The whole experience somehow just felt very unpolished and flat and lacked the little traditions one associates with taking afternoon tea and I am not sure if this is down to the lack of training or commonsense of the particular waiting staff on duty that day.

After we finished tea, we asked at reception if we could view some of the rooms - the lady that showed us around was most helpful and really pleasant and we did get the opportunity to see other parts of the manor, the main dining room oozed character and I could imagine it would would have a really good buzz and atmosphere for dinner, the grounds were truly magnificent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hi Ladyonhertravels
Thank you so much for your truly comprehensive review of your afternoon tea experience with us. It is really frustrating not to have ticked all the boxes for you, as there are some areas which you very fairly point out were lovely (mainly the food), and some which clearly failed to meet your expectations for which we are truly sorry.

We will certainly revisit our training for the restaurant team, and I will double check that the music that would normally be playing quietly in the background is switched on (as it should have been during your visit).

You list your address as Dubai, but if you are ever back in the area, do get in touch with me and come and see us again and we will endeavor to 'Wow' you next time!
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Want to say a big 'Thank You' to all the staff at Inglewood Manor who have looked after me whilst away from home on business at various times over the past 2 years.

During my time at this beautiful rural hotel I have held successful Team Development days in the glorious oak panelled executive room, seen many a wedding party being entertained in exquisite style, explored the peaceful gardens in summer, seen lavish decorations during the Christmas period and enjoyed the wonderful breakfasts and dinners.

The staff are all a credit to the hotel and nothing is ever too much for them to do for the customer.

The 'icing on the cake' was been the kindness shown to me by staff at my final stay last week when I invited some colleagues to join me for my 'leaving do' from work. Everyone thought their rooms reflected the luxury of the building, the food divine and the staff extremely thoughtful.

This hotel is a real gem; perfect for the business person, romantic setting for couples and peaceful for families who want to spend time together.

Room Tip: Look out for special offers on 'Fantastic Friday' when a wedding is not booked or the specia...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hi Jane
It's been an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us over the last couple of years, and all the team will miss you. Don't be a stranger!

Been to Inglewood Manor? Share your experiences!