“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ledsham
Irvine, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here on 29th August for one night. Lovely setting and beautiful hotel inside and out. All staff we encountered were very pleasant and friendly and couldn’t have done more for us. Nothing was a trouble. Room was a good size, lovely décor which was immaculately clean, as was the rest of the hotel. Nice view overlooking the gardens. Food was excellent. Situated not too far from Chester itself. Would definitely stay here if in the area again and would have no hesitation in recommending to others. Thank you for an excellent stay.

Room Tip: We had a top floor room which was very warm, however, it was exceptionally warm weather when we stay...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Hi Tinkerbell2011
What a brilliant review, thank you. I'll be sure to pass on your kind comments to the whole of the team, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Londonderry northern ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights at this beautiful hotel , where the ambiance was first class and the Manor building and ground are beautiful .
Our bedroom ,number one , was a beautiful room which overlooked a wonderful garden with lovely flower beds.
Huge bed ,room super clean, nice en suite but no face cloths which I expected, we had towelling gowns and plenty of towels, so maybe this was just a slip up.
The decor is in lovely taste.

The breakfast was fair , although if the orange juice had been freshly squeezed , I would have judged good.

A choice of porridge made with water or milk is a nice touch.
Our evening meals were not as good as I would have expected and if we return , I think we will eat out. Miss Hunter was most attentive , same name no relation.
So would highly recommend for Bed and Breakfast , but too be fair very few hotels I find have first class food and this was the case at the Manor.

• Stayed September 2013
Hi Shirtmaker46
Thanks for the lovely review. Room 1 is gorgeous isn't it, with those beautiful windows and 2 lovely views?
I'm glad that you enjoyed your breakfast overall, but will be asking chef to look into our orange juice supplier, as I agree with you it should be freshly squeezed.
With regards to dinner, I'm both surprised and sorry that it did not meet your expectations, as we really do get some wonderful feedback about the food here (see the review before yours, who describes her dinner as 'epic'!). Perhaps next time you come and see us you might give us the chance to really 'wow' you with our cuisine?
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was brought to Inglewood Mannor as a surprise for our anniversary we have enjoyed a fantastic 3 night stay here and I don't want to leave!! It's ideal for sightseeing and the staff are more than happy to give you ideas of where to go. The breakfast was awesome and the dinner that we had was truly epic! I would definitely reccomend Inglewood to friends and family and will definitely be coming back. Thank you to all of the staff that made our stay so perfect!!

• Stayed August 2013
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hi AmandaandSimon1
What an utterly fabulous review! We're delighted you had such a brilliant anniversary - it sounds like you had a really lovely stay. Thanks so much for your feedback and do come back and see us again very soon.
Brierley Hill, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed the night with my son and daughter-in-law after my niece's wedding. Arrived from West Midlands early Saturday before the wedding and met up with people I knew and didn't know. Was born and bred in Cheshire. Good atmosphere was already happening! The room the wedding breakfast was in was decorated superb due to outside wedding planner and the food was good with plenty of waiter service. No complaints. Evening 'do' went down well. Didn't get to bed till 2am! I had a single room which was brill. Had an en suite and a window to open onto the lovely grounds. From what family and friends said they also had lovely rooms. Being a bit worse for wear next morning after wedding I couldn't face a full blown English breakfast but sis & husband (brides mum & dad) waffled the lot and it looked so good. To sum it up I had a lovely stay and would recommend Inglewood Manor highly.

Room Tip: Can't find a fault in in room I stayed in. Neither did anyone else in the wedding party. No nois...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Hi 464Susan
Thanks so much for your lovely review. A familly wedding is a great opportunity for a really good catch up, and it sounds like you were able to make the most of the day. Sorry you didn't feel up to a full English the next day, but perhaps the next time you come and see us we can tempt you with double everything!
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed three nights, expats home for a family reunion. Staff were most helpful, room was lovely great view of gardens. Breakfast was great. Would like to of stayed longer. Very clean. Hidden gem. Thank you for making this trip even more memorable. Will stay there whenever we go back to the UK.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi BrianCaroleH
We're so pleased you had such a lovely stay with us. These big family events don't happen every day and so it is really important to us as a team that we put every effort into making them perfect for you.

We're delighted to know that you'll be making us your base for your next visit to the UK, so don't stay away for too long!
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Very nice place, and lovely friendly staff. Somewhat marred by being told that the bar closes at midnight and doesn't reopen until 1 for residents. As I'm a resident, a bit weird, and irritating when the wedding I'm at, which has exclusive use of the hotel, is still going on and I can't get a beer for another hour. Nice to see the British hotel standards of twenty years ago can still rear their petty and unhelpful head

• Stayed August 2013
Hi Guitarmoog
Many thanks for leaving your review, which overall was very complimentary. I am so sorry, however, that you experienced a pause in the drinks service and have been looking into why the issue occurred. There appears to have been to slightly overlapping reasons for the delay. Firstly, the bride and groom opted for the bar to be open until midnight, which means that we are unable to serve non-resident guests after this time. There is then generally a brief pause of about 15-20 minutes whilst the bar service is handed over to the night team. This also enables non-resident guests time to finish their drinks prior to departure. After this period the night team would take over to serve residents drinks.
On the night you refer to however, a second issue arose, as some of the wedding guests (resident and non-resident) were so inebriated that the Duty Manager had to take the difficult decision not to serve any further drinks to those guests. As a licensed premises, we have a duty of care to ensure that we do not knowingly do anything that might place any of our guests at risk. I am not suggesting for a moment that you fall into this category, but you may have been caught up in the slight fall-out from this decision, and if so then I very much apologise for any inconvenience you experienced.
As you enjoyed the rest of your visit to the hotel, I very much hope that this issue will not stop you from visiting us again in the future.
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I only spent one night at Inglewood Manor but wish it could have been more. It is rare for me to be able to state that - I could not fault this hotel and would gladly return at the first opportunity. I was alone and my single room was not large but was quite big enough. More importantly - it was spotlessly clean, tastefully decorated, had an excellent bathroom and plently of nice little touches - bed turned down, good toiletries, lovely view of the grounds etc etc. Staff were friendly and, more importantly, were competent. Breakfast was excellent. I had a prior dinner engagement so did not experience dinner at the hotel but will, no doubt, do so on a future occasion. If I have a (very) minor gripe it is that I would prefer NO music in the dining room at breakfast and detest the inevitable muzak hoteliers feel obliged to inflict on their peace loving guests! But at least it was Beethoven and not some god-awful pop. All in all though, an excellent hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hi Billio
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this lovely review, it means a lot to the team here to know our guests have enjoyed their time with us. Sorry about the restaurant music, but as you very fairly point out, a lot of guests prefer a little something tinkling away in the backgound.
I do hope you will be back to see us again soon.

Been to Inglewood Manor? Share your experiences!