“This time around-not very happy.” 3 of 5 stars

Inglewood Manor
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Badgers Rake Lane, Ledsham CH66 8PF, England   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ledsham
North Wales
“This time around-not very happy.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at Inglewood Manor last Christmas 2011 from Christmas Eve until 27th December.We were very impressed with the hotel and the staff.We had a lovely meal on Christmas Eve by candlelight and the food was excellent.The Christmas Day lunch was a big disappointment and as we had asked the famly to join us at £80 a head it was not something we would do again.Boxing Day was another excellent meal however, so this year, 2012, we booked to take the family to Inglewoods Boxing Day buffet lunch.On our arrival we were not welcomed by anyone and were not sure where to go so I asked a waitress and we were shown to the lounge.A young man asked if we would like a glass of champagne which we had observed being served in the foyer but at this point we had not realised it was part of the lunch deal.He never came back with our drinks and in the end my husband went to collect them and got two drinks for our granchildren.After a while we were shown through to the dining room and seated at a lovely table overlooking the garden and our starters were brought in.Our party was four adults and two children but the children had not ordered a starter-they would just have a bread roll but there were only three starters and when the waiter asked what the fourth one would have been we hadn't a clue because we had chosen way back in September and so forgotten!!! I said 'surprise me' and I got a very nice prawn cocktail.The main course was a buffet in another room and there was plenty of choice and the staff were very pleasant and the food was good.Our granddaughter who is 6 said she would have pizza off the childrens menu-but I think they forgot her and we had to ask where it was.When it eventually arrived it was just some bread with extremely strong cheese and huge chunks of tomato (not sliced) put on top.Needles to say she didn't eat it but then I wouldn't have either.Dessert was very nice and that was followed by coffee in the lounge.When we left about 2.30pm no member of staff was around to say goodbye and for some reason I felt very let down by the experience.The whole meal cost me almost £150 and I expected better.We went to St Davids Park Hotel in Ewloe on New Years Day for lunch-again the six of us.The bill came to £70 for as much as we could eat and more importantly there was someone to welcome us and to say goodbye when we left.Come on Inglewood you can do better- its the small things that can make or break an occasion.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Hi Welshflower
I am so sorry that on this occasion we were unable to meet your expectations. As you say, it can be the little things that count, and it is particularly upsetting that you were not greeted on arrival, as we had 2 managers in house on Boxing Day doing just that, and somehow you 'slipped through the net'. Rest assured that your issue has been noted and raise at our Christmas de-brief meeting, so hopefully this will not happen again. I am also really sorry that your granddaughter's pizza was not to her taste. We do try to make sure that all the meals on our children's menu are hand-made by our chef's to the same standard as the adult meals, but they normally go down really well, so apologies for this.

On a positive note, it sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your meal, even the pot-luck prawn cocktail starter, which is great.

With regards to the cost of the meal, however, it may be worth pointing out that a glass of Champagne was included in the cost of your lunch here, a bottle of which (6 glasses) would have added £45.00 to your bill at St David's Park.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
LIVERPOOL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I booked the Inglewood manor for a romantic break for my wife and I , its setting is first class and literally breathtaking ! We stayed the 30th December and i upgraded to the Oak Room ! ( Bridal Suite) as a surprise for my wife ! She could not believe the sheer beauty and elegance of the room.it was absolutely spotlessly clean and the bath room was gleaming , with a decent size Jacuzzi bath with underwater lighting !!!! the staff here a top drawer. Every single one of them. we booked for D B B , and also had afternoon tea , which was served in the fabulous lounge area ., the dinner was much better than I expected ( some poor reviews ) and was more than worth the money every course was cooked to perfection and well presented. , I had the gammon which was delicious , the bar prices were usual hotel prices ( 3.95 per pint )we had a great cooked breakfast the next morning which again was delicious , plentiful and piping hot , followed by a nice walk around the beautiful gardens, if you thinking of going away for a nice romantic weekend you HAVE GOT TO STAY HERE !! Absolutely top drawer and we WILL be going back very soon ! A great find ! I'd like to know more about the history of inglewood manor as the in room brochure only hints at what must be an intriguing look into the early 1900s of this amazing building , Google here I come ! Have a look at the photys I've submitted , they don't do the hotel justice but you'll get the idea !!

• Stayed December 2012
Hi Mike W
Thank you so much for this lovely rieview. It sounds like you had such a lovely time I am positively jealous!

With regards to the history of the hotel, if you pop onto the 'About Us' section of the website, there is a whole section devoted to the history including some old photographs.

We've got loads of great offers on at the moment, so do come back and see us again soon.
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed at Inglewood on a Christmas Wine dine and stay package ,PLus points ; The location, setting and accomodation at Inglewood is very good. We d booked the wine dine and stay package for four of us as part of a birthday celebration. The booking had been made back in August to ensure that the hotel could accomodate us and our dinner reservation at 8 p m .

Minus points ;The menu for dinner was extremely limited with only four choices 2 meat dishes,one fish and one vegetarian . THe choice was then further limited by us being told that the " lamb " (the choice of three of our party) was "off the menu ". Our table in the dining room was across a doorway which meant that during the course of our meal a steady procession of waiters/waitresses and guests had to go past our table when either going to the kitchen or the bathroom. We did complain but were told that unfortunately no other tables were available-so much for booking early !.

Food generally was disappointing and not of the standard expected although the cheese and biscuits was a winner. Could not fault -the waiting on staff or the duty manager who were all very good,polite ,courteous and did their best to make it a pleasant evening for us. I would rate the hotel and accomodation as very good but the restaurant as only " average ".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Hi skipper47_11
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review, it's much appreciated. On a positive note, many thanks for pointing out what a lovely setting we enjoy and the quality of our accommodation.
I was very sorry to note, however your comments about the location of your table and the quality of the food. We hold a series of meetings with the team here to review our Christmas performance, and I will make sure that your concerns regarding the position of your table are duly noted and acted upon for next year.

With regards to the Festive Wine, Dine and Stay menu, please accept my apologies that we were unable to offer your party the lamb. Occaisionaly when one dish is massively popular we do run out, but you should certainly have been offered a suitable dish as an alternative. We have had some lovely comments and reviews for the night you were with us (in fact there is one a little further down this page from a couple who thoroughly enjoyed their meal), so it is doubly disapointing that we were not able to meet your expectations.

I would like to mention however, that having a slightly more limited menu (the choice of 4 main courses you mentioned), is the only way we could possibly offer a three course dinner for 2, a bottle of wine, lovely live entertainment, overnight accommodation and a full English breakfast for two people (all at the busiest time of the year) for the very competitive price of just £120 per couple.

I do hope that you will give us another try in the future, so we can take the opportunity to redeem ourselves!
Altrincham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Hubby and I can't say enough about Inglewood Manor. Our daughter, who always wanted a Christmas time wedding, was married there on Saturday the 15th and it was the most fantastic experience ever. The hotel is wonderful, the ambience, the decor, the whole atmosphere was just perfect. The rooms are wonderful (we had a Classic Double Room - No. 11 overlooking the front grounds of the manor house - which was amazing). The staff were superb, the canapes, mulled wine, wedding breakfast and evening buffet were excellent and the whole wedding experience could not be faulted. All Inglewood staff and management couldn't have been more pleasant, helpful and efficient. The hotel wedding planner, Kim, helped tremendously towards making sure the whole proceeedings went perfectly. All our friends and family who attended, many of whom stayed the night after the wedding, could not believe what a fantastic place Inglewood is. It really just could not have been bettered. The breakfast the next morning was also excellent and, looking at the menus for other meals and occasions I have a good idea that we will be back sometime to sample some more of Inglewood's delights! Well done to everybody at Inglewood - you were real stars - as well as our daughter of course!

Apart from the wedding experience the hotel is set off a quiet country lane and has beautiful gardens and parkland. It has a lovely summer patio area for outdoor gatherings. It is easy to find and has major road systems a few miles away to take you to motorways etc.

Room Tip: All our family and guests had lovely rooms. We had room 11 overlooking the front of the manor. A b...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hi patsyd
Thank you for this lovely review. You really have covered everything, and it's so nice for us to know that every area of the hotel performed so well.

I'll pass on all your praise to the team. I'm sure they'll all be delighted you had such a great time, and that they've played a part in creating some very happy memories for you, your daughter (and son-in-law!) and your guests.

Do come back and see us again soon.
wirral
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

A group of freinds my wife and I have just stayed at Inglewood manor for their wine dine and stopover, we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay.The three course meal with wine in the evening is really good as is breakfast the following morning. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable and the staff helpful and cheerful.I can really recommend these special events and look forward to another later in the new year,thanks to all at Inglwood.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thanks for your lovely review, we're so glad you had a good time. We've got a rare Saturday night free on the 19th January, so we're hoping to hold a similar event - we might even be able to tempt young James back to sing for us again, he was such a big hit!
Check out the offers and events page on our website for details, and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon!
Connah's Quay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We recently chose Inglewood to stage our Annual conference between our US and UK Offices between the 1st and 5th December.

When booking were a little concerned that, whilst picturesque, the location may be an issue due to its rural positioning however it proved to be ideally situated for trips both to Liverpool and Chester. The building itself has a lot of charm and is in a delightful part of the world but has lots of stairs (some of which are narrow) which didn't cause us any issues but is worth noting.

Over the last 10 years we have stayed all over the world and I have to say that the staff at this hotel are a real credit to it. Everyone was friendly, well presented and attentive beyond the call of duty. I really cannot say enough about how well looked after everyone felt and everyone of my 19 colleagues felt the same way.

You will need a car or transport of some form whilst staying here (unless your looking for a quiet hideaway) but that asside it is only 20 minutes or less to either Liverpool or Chester.

The rooms are well appointed (we had a mix of Exec and standard rooms) and presented good value for money.

The food, whilst certainly not Michelin star level, is perfectly good enough and again value for what you pay with a reasonable wine list that doesn't cost the earth (which in our case is always a good thing!).

The facilities and conference rooms are very reasonable however the wi-fi only works in some of the bedrooms so if you need this make sure you check that yours can access it.

Finally the service... well as I indiacted above you just can't say enough with all credit to Phil (the Food & Beverage Director), his great team and of coursethe excellent receptionists!!

Room Tip: If you need wi-fi (which is complimentary) make sure that the room you are given has access.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hi Russell B
First of all, a big thank you for choosing Inglewood Manor as the venue for your conference, and I'm delighted that the benefits of our great location became apparent to you during your visit. I will pass on your lovely comments to the team involved in looking after your event, as they take a great deal of pleasure in receiving feedback from our guests.
With regard to the wi-fi, we only advertise as having free wi-fi in the public areas, as the age of the building poses some challenges to us getting it to every bedroom. Some rooms do get coverage, however, so it's always worth asking on check-in.
I do hope we'll be able to welcome, you and your colleagues back to the hotel sometime soon.
Merseyside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Just returned from a one night Festive Wine Dine and stay deal at the hotel. As it was advertised as a "Festive" night at a cost of £120 we were a bit surprised not to find a traditional Christmas meal we were expecting on the menu as an option! However that said the meal that we did have was absolutely delicious. We were also given a table with no Christmas decoration and we had to ask for the Christmas crackers that were on all the other tables!! They did provide excellent music during the meal with a very talented young singer who was very good if perhaps a little loud!

All the staff were very friendly and attentive and this certainly made our stay very enjoyable. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them.
We stayed 2 years ago at Christmas and the rooms were very shabby but the hotel has had a refurb and the room we had was a big improvement on last time.
My only real gripe is that we paid £120 for a classic room for what was essentially a wine and dine stay which they normally offer for £99 in an Executive room!

All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to relax with good food and in a very friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Inglewood Manor? Share your experiences!