“Chester zoo” 2 of 5 stars

Derby, United Kingdom
“Chester zoo”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Chester zoo brilliant
Hotel very disappointing took them1hour to get our zoo tickets receptionist not very helpful television reception was terrible not much choice on children's menu bar.food poor

Visited June 2013

Llangristiolus, null, United Kingdom
“One disappointed couple”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Booked a double room at this hotel ,on arrival was told they had not received the booking,and there were no double rooms left
They then said they had a family room which we had to take
The room was actually up a steep stairs in the attic nothing like the rooms in the photos of the hotel
I don't know why we were put in this room is it because we had a good deal for the room?
The hotel did not look like it was full with the number of guests in the bar and restaurant and at breakfast in the morning
One thing i did notice the receptionist said at checking in my first name and my wife first name without me telling her so she must have received the booking as this is the only place where she would have got or first names
One disappointed couple expecting a room as in photos

Visited June 2013
Stainforth, null, United Kingdom
“overpriced and overrated!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My boyfriend planned this surprise spa trip for my 21st birthday and I wish he'd have not wasted his money! arrived at the spa and we thought we were at the wrong place unlucky for us it was the right place! Booked the executive room and it was scruffy hairs all over the bathroom floor stains on the settee dust everywhere and FLIES little FLIES lots of them!! On the furniture in the bathroom I found 3 in my bath whilst I was in it!!! Complained to reception (where the staff were very polite and helpful probably the only good thing about this place) got a new room straight away which was cleaner newer and bigger still not worth the money though! Went to the spa used the pool which was very small and full of children having swimming lessons, the men's sauna was out of order so everyone was using the women's which were tiny and barely fitted an individual in! Changing rooms were sort u and in need of a good update lockers didn't have locks on and there was a basket to leave towels which was overflowing. We were given a half an hour slot the next morning for our spa treatment which were all approximately 50 mins long and very overpriced but to be honest we just wanted to get up and get out of there!
Dinner was limited choice and tasted more like pub grub than *4 hotel! We waited 40 mins for the starters by which time the drinks had not yet arrived! We feel because our dinner was included and we hadn't paid full restaurant prices our portions were a lot smaller than others! Mains weren't anything special and neither of us ate them.. my boyfriend was poorly by this point and had to run to the bathroom to vomit! We then had to ask for a jug of water which again took a while to arrive and I feel it should have already been on the table for us.. puddings we also didn't eat!
Breakfast was dismal, a couple of bowls of tinned fruit, stale cereal and 3 croissants. The cooked breakfast consists of small sausages fatty bacon fried cheap bread and butter mushroom tomatoes and undercooked beans.. people had to ask for eggs which AGAIN TOOK A WHILE!

I really don't understand how this is a 4 star hotel it barely scrapes a 3! I have stayed in a £40 a night spa which was a lot better quality than this.. I feel sorry for my boyfriend who had to waste his money and wish he'd have refused to pay! I would never stay here again and advise others not to waste their money!!!!!

Visited May 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic spa break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Lovely, friendly staff. Treatments fantastic. Food excellent. Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and pool all great.

Visited April 2013
Rochford, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
“Very poor and tatty place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Booked a spa day and was dissapointed from the moment we drove into the car park. It was like a run down travel lodge. There is nothing luxurious about this place.

Taken in to treatment room, no robe or slippers offered. Massage was the worst I've ever had, the bed was uncomfortable and wasn't heated, the towels were old and faded, the blanket on the bed was horrid. The treatment wasn't as long as it should have been and while laying on the bed all I could see was a peeling laminate floor. After the massage I was given a robe? What every other place I have been to does is give you a robe and slippers before your treatments so you can store your clothes and effects in a locker. Here one has to carry all their stuff around.

The choices for lunch were very poor and I felt uncomfortable sitting in an open bar in a robe.(still no slippers)

We didn't use the pool as it was cold and the jacuzzi is right next to the pool and all the kids in the pool so no privacy or peace. We ended up leaving early and feeling very dissapointed.