“The Spa is awful” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Attractions in Mollington
Buckley, Washington
“The Spa is awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife went with 3 friends for a spa day on arrival we were told to sit and wait as staff were late when treatment took place it was poor the cupping massage left bruises the hair treatment was disgusting day four our hair looked like chip pan vera greasey as could be would not wash out. The towels and robes provided were minging and tatty
Afternoon tea was disgusting it was a rip off stay away from spa waste of money.We phoned and complained to date no reply how rude; So every one you have been warned stay away from the spa

Bury, United Kingdom
“Spa day disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

3 of us booked & paid for a spa day at Crabwall manor some time ago. The specialist treatments with Joanne Wilcox were the main reason for the booking at this particular spa (we treat ourselves to spa days 3 or 4 times a year so know our treatments) so we were disappointed to have the day postponed because Joanne was poorly but I do realise these things can't be helped. So the day was rearranged only to be cancelled again because of work on the building so today was our third attempt. And guess what? Joanne couldn't make it so we were instead downgraded to a simple back massage. The management considered it an upgrade but it certainly wasn't.
To add to the disappointment, the pool side facilities (the sauna, steam room & jacuzzi) are all in poor condition. We weren't told where any of the facilities were and the front of house staff aren't as happy in their work as they perhaps could be and so we felt we were just a nuisance to them when we asked for anything. So my recommendation would be to wait for the facilities to be improved before spending your money on a spa day

Visited October 2013
Cheshire, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Good facilities. Excellent treatments”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Used the spa the day after our wedding. The facilities were great. Plenty of room in the changing area, good hot showers and the pool, jacuzzi and sauna/steam rooms were perfect. The massage treatments were wonderful. Relaxing and peaceful in a really easy going and laid back but professional atmosphere. I'd definitely recommend and will definitely be booking again.

Visited September 2013
Chester
“Summer Sizzler Spa Day”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Very stressed & in great need of a relaxing spa day, all by myself for true relaxation, I booked this spa day at a cost of £50. This included a glass of bubbly on arrival, followed by someone showing me around. A 30 minute spa treatment of my choice & 2 course lunch. I could spend all day from 10.00am till 17.00hrs but was reassured on the phone when I booked that I would not need to rush away. Perfect, I thought, and great value......hmmm
It didn't quite work out that way....No proffered glass of bubbly on arrival, no-one to show me around & no robe or towel in my locker as told by receptionist.. I was then given the skimpiest, tattiest old robe that barely met in the middle and only just covered my knees. Did I really want to sit in the foyer & have my lunch in this uncomfortable old robe? Not really! As there was a water aerobics class in full swing, I hung around the changing room until it finished, then grabbed 1 of only 4 loungers available. The pool was pleasant, as was the jacuzzi. As I don't enjoy getting hot & bothered I did not use the sauna or steam room, but that was it! Various people came & went (some had to loiter as no lounger available) then eventually I went for my treatment which was very pleasant. Decided to change into my clothes before lunch, but as there was nowhere to put wet towels etc, I went back to reception which was now unattended. I waited & waited & waited....& waited.
Eventually I found someone to help me who summoned the Spa manager. I addressed each of my disappointments outside where he took me so that no-one overheard, however, he spent the time agreeing with me but followed through by saying 'I have to defend the company' - why? He said several times that he agreed the 'Spa Day' was lacking, but that he had to defend the company. A bit tiresome hearing this phrase trotted out so frequently. What happened to 'the customer is always right'? He admitted the spa needed refurbishment but that the work was not planned to start for another 3 months. Why don't you suspend 'Spa Days' I asked - he said he agreed, but it wasn't his call to do so. He tried to tell me that I was just unlucky today, but I told him that there had been a number of people, members & guests in the ladies changing rooms, all complaining about the lack of quality and attention to detail. One member actually said 'I feel sorry for people who come for spa days, because this does not constitute a spa'. As there is only one therapist, you are expected to wait your turn if you come in a group or as a couple. I advised the manager that rather than feeling destressed, I felt fed up and cheated, and very definately Not destressed! He just looked at me and said 'I'm sorry you feel that way' and left me to my 2 course lunch or Caeser's salad, with new potatoes as my 2nd course. Yum!
I did expect at the very least to be offered partial reimbursment as a good will gesture. I have worked in customer services previously and personall, I would have fully refunded the cost in the circumstances. Will I go back?........Hmmm Would I recommend the Crabwall Manor Spa Day? I think not! No summer sizzle there!!

Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Loved the hotel, every one was very friendly and room was stunning and clean. I spent most of the time in the spa, which is the reason i went, and it was excellent. Not as calm and tranquil as other spa's i have been to, but the staff more than made up for that disappointment. I had a very nice facial using top notch products. If you get chance, order tea and scone. I had a scone at the spa and it was so luxurious, no scone will live up to it again lol. Special gratitude to Phil and Zoe in the spa who really looked after me and were lovely lovely people.

Visited August 2013