We stayed her for 4 days. First the negative:
This is not a 4 star hotel. This is a 3 stars at best. I imagine in it's hayday that it would have been wonderful, but it's tired and in desperate need of a facelift. No air conditioning, fair enough we live in the UK. However there is a heating control on the wall, which when positioned to cold was neither use nor ornament. Again I imagine when it was new it worked like a dream.
A fully equip gym with all the usual equipment, but it was all tired and I noticed rust on most of equipment. No air conditioning even though it looks overhead like there could have been, so the doors were open which frankly made no difference. The water cooler was broke so there were jugs of water available. But unfortunately there were not kept filled, so for most part there was no water available. I asked who I thought was a member of the gym staff in the sports bar if I could fill my bottle up only to find out that he was also a client from the gym filling his bottle up behind the empty bar.
There was a portable air conditioning unit in the changing rooms which you didn't feel unless you were literally hovering over it. The dirty towels were piled high overflowing from the basket to a point where they were all over the floor. Granted it was 8pm 2 hours before closing, but if it's a 4 star hotel then 4 star guest don't want to see dirty towels. Very tired shower area.
My last negative point was breakfast. I wish i hadn't paid for this as it was awful. The food was nearly ok. Yes it was hot, but very greasy!! Not enough fruit/healthy option. 4 different juices. The orange juice ran out so we waited for it to be replenished, but were disappointed that it arrived warm. Warm orange juice is a no no! We paid for 4 days breakfast but only had breakfast twice. 1st day I just couldn't believe it was that bad, but it was the same on day 2.
Someone charged 4 meals to my room which was very annoying. The receptionist asked me if it was my signature I assured her that it was not, and we had not eaten at the hotel. She could easily check my signature from my checking in form. I don't know what the procedure at the Mollington is for charging things to a room, but there clearly needs to be more than someone just giving a room number. Anyway she accepted that I was telling the truth, which I was, and said she would not take payment from my card, I hope!
The front desk staff were very polite and helpful. I asked for a desk fan and it arrived straight-away.
The lady who cleaned our room was fantastic. She worked very hard. Always clean towels and a fresh bottle of water. Rooms very clean.
Even thought the hotel is on a main road, the rooms were very quiet. We heard nothing at night. Our room over looked the garden. Wish the hedge was lower, but it was lovely all the same. Beds were very comfortable.
Hotel had free parking and free WiFi which worked.
All the staff at breakfast and in the gym were great!
The pool was excellent. Jacuzzi/steam room were also very relaxing.
5 mins from Chester.
10 mins from Chester Zoo
I would love for them to inject some cash into a refurbishment, because only then would I go back.
- Also Known As:
- Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel And Spa
- Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel
- Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel Mollington
- Best Western Chester
- Chester Best Western
- Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa Cheshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 4-star country-house hotel is in beautiful grounds, a short drive from Chester city centre. For leisure, it has an indoor swimming pool, a sauna, gym, jacuzzi, squash courts and spa. The beauty spa offers a range of relaxing treatments, including mud wraps and massages. Brook Mollington Banastre also has free car parking. Hotel Rooms: 63. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.