“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

A group of four of us recently stayed at this charming hotel. We were greeted with a warm smile by Anna on reception and this excellent, efficient and friendly service was replicated by all of those members of staff we met.

My wife and I fancied a bit of a change from the same old double room we normally tend to book and opted for the four-poster bedroom. Let's just say we were not disappointed...! This generously-proportioned room was superb in every way; a really comfortable bed (and trust me I'm fussy!); a nice chaise longue to relax on whilst reading; a nice TV and to cap it all a beautifully-appointed bathroom with a sizeable bath and a well-powered shower.

To be honest, we didn't want to leave the room, even to dine! Fortunatley though we're glad we did - having read the menu we decided to sample the mouth-watering dishes on offer. It's one thing to have a great-looking menu though and an entirely different matter in delivering the taste. (I'm sure you know the feeling - you're absolutely famished and then you're served a dish that you wouldn't even offer to a United fan...) Well fear not at this hotel - I can safely say that this chef did not disappoint. The halloumi was a pleasant change for my wife, who is a vegetarian and often has to choose between cheese and tomato pizza, omelette, veggie lasagne or just a plate of chips(!) and the duck was cooked to perfection. All served by polite, attentive staff who really gave a new meaning to the phrase 'service with a smile'.

We then retired to the bar for an after-dinner drink (or two!) and met the rap-artist Devlin and his entourage (or should that be 'crew'...?! And no, before you tut-tut for invading their privacy, we didn't approach them, we just got chatting!) The notion of rappers being embittered, foul-mouthed youths who can't identify with those of us of a certain age is nonsense - we all chilled and they was all cool, yeah...?!

The next morning, we all had a hearty breakfast - again no complaints here - and bade our farewells to the staff. We were informed that we could use the facilities after checking out but alas had other plans, though we'll certainly do that next time we stay.

Funny, we came out of the hotel feeling as though we'd stayed with friends. I travel a lot in my job and can assure you that's never happened before! And really, that's the best way I can describe our experience - if you want to stay somewhere you can relax in style and know you will be well looked after, then this is certainly the right place for you.

GSJ, Wolverhampton

Room Tip: If you want to spoil the one you love, go for the four-poster - it may cost a little more but hey, i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GGouri, General Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear StChrist0phersHelper,

My staff team and I were all so pleased and proud to read your very kind comments on the services you received at the Mollington Banastre Hotel, and may I say that it was a pleasure for all of us to be of service.

We are most particularly pleased at your decision to return here to us so that you could try out our spa facility. We look forward to making you welcome again and asure you of yet another memorable stay.

Kind regards

G Gourishankar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

we stayed at this hotel for one night and we enjoyed it from the minute we arrived to the minute we left. compliments to the staff for being friendly, especially in the breakfast and restaurant area.

The room was lovely overlooking the gardens and very spacious with a big bed, with a nice bright and clean bathroom including a bath.

The swimming pool and the gym was just a bonus and it meant we didn't have to leave the site.
lockers were supplied on demand with towels at the gym desk.

recommended for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dale O,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Mollington Banastre. You will have noted that though we are in a country setting, the hotel provides very quick easy access to Chester Zoo, the Roman city of Chester and Cheshire Oaks, as well as easy access to both Liverpool and Manchester airport, it really is an ideal location.

I am pleased that you really enjoyed your breakfasts here overlooking the gardens.

Perhaps on your next visit to the hotel you would indulge in some spa treatments, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Have stayed here a couple of times over the last 6 months and have found staff to be very pleasant and helpful, food above average although expensive unless on a b&b and dinner deal which is good value for money. The hotel is very convenient for Chester or a stop off on the way to North Wales. Decor is a bit dated but clean and attractive enough. Ask for a back room as those facing the main road are noisy. Spa nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear starlightlily,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed you stay thanks to the services from the team here at Mollington Banastre, and it is gratifying that you have shown your appreciation for their efforts by mentioning them in your review.

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to write this review.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were a party of 16 staying for 2 nights in February. We got a good deal for the two nights which included meals and a spa treatment. From the moment we arrived everyone was very helpful. Gregory the hotel manager couldn't do enough for us and made us feel very welcome and looked after. The hotel rooms were clean and had everything we needed. The Friday evening meal was lovely. Everyone said their food was delicious and the service was spot on. We were able to stay sat at the table as long as we wanted and were probably the last people to leave the bar. We weren't asked to leave we just knew it was time to go :0) Breakfast was amazing we had this both mornings. Full English and cereals which was great. And as much tea, coffee and toast as you wanted. We all had treatments. They were fantastic and very relaxing. Some even wanted more... The treatment rooms, spa and pool were all clean and a few of us made use of the facilities in the afternoon. One of us even went to the gym. The whole experience led to a very enjoyable weekend and we'd like to thank everyone at the hotel for making it so fab. We'd definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
GGouri, General Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear leeds2013,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the hotel on this site. I am gald that the whole weekend went according to plan.

I will convey your comments to the various departments who helped make your stay enjoyable. I do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Having used this hotel on a regular basis I keep finding the staff so very helpfull. For instance having problems with my new I pad which without the help of chris from the gym I would never have resolved. The guy went out of is way to help and also took time in teaching me how to use this model. The receptionist Rebecca was very polite and helpfull and the same can be said for Connor behind the bar. Not like me to give out plaudits but on this occasion these 3 did excel. Keep it up.....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Graham R,

Your kind comments about the helpful staff are greatly appreciated and have been conveyed. We at the hotel strive to ensure that we do our level best to live upto our customers expectations.

Thank you once again for reviewing us on trip advisor.

Chester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I went here recently for a spa day with a friend and initially found it very appealing. The reception area was nice and treatment very good with friendly therapist. The relaxation room was also very nice.

We then went on to enjoy the facilities and did not enjoy them at all nor for very long. The changing rooms were cold and the spa pool also barely luke warm. The pool was not very appetising either.

We thought we would move on to the sauna which was tiny and the steam room which was the same and very dated.

The showers barely worked and overall I was very disappointed. I go on spa days at a variety of hotels and must say this was the worst.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear tracieo,

I am glad that you enjoyed your treatments at the spa. The chill in the changing rooms are being addressed and the airconditioning is currently being worked on. I would like to apologise that on this occasion it was very cold.

If you are in the area next I do look forward to welcoming you back to the spa.

Greneral Manager
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked a spa weekend at the Brook Mollington hotel and Spa for a Christmas present for my mother (February 2013). Firstly 4* hotel I think not!! The Hotel looks nothing like the pictures on the website. No available slots for a spa treatment as I did not receive a brochure as requested 2 months before my visit!!

payment issues and total confusion on checking in!! My card details were written on paper and thrown in the bin, and when I went back to enquire about them i was handed a screwed up piece of paper!!!

Spa is different to say the least, after getting changed in the pool changing rooms we were surprised to see there was no locks on the lockers, we were informed by a spa member that you can get one at reception (if you are lucky) you can understand our disappointment at having to travel all the way back to reception in our swimming clothes just for a lock!! Lights not working on the way to the pool which was very dangerous! Also used towels stacked high overflowing in the changing rooms!

Jacuzzi was boiling hot and looked like it had seen better days!! No lifeguard was present around the pool area at all!!!

In the bar near the pool side we ordered drinks, these took about 15 minutes to arrive! we then asked for the cocktail menu, this also took around 15 minutes! SLOW is an understatement!!

Once in the bar/ lounge which was advertised as a cocktail bar there was only 3 cocktails available!! very expensive will no taste of alcohol at all!!

Room was freezing cold!! and hot water tape was scorching!! lights in corridors to room not working so was walking in total darkness.

Breakfast was ok however we asked for a glass of water off 3 different members of staff and waited 15 minutes!!

Would not recommend this hotel definitely not a 4* hotel, could be so much better with effort and staff that actually know what they are doing!!

Very odd experience!! Will not be going back

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Mollington hotels

Been to Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!