A group of four of us recently stayed at this charming hotel. We were greeted with a warm smile by Anna on reception and this excellent, efficient and friendly service was replicated by all of those members of staff we met.
My wife and I fancied a bit of a change from the same old double room we normally tend to book and opted for the four-poster bedroom. Let's just say we were not disappointed...! This generously-proportioned room was superb in every way; a really comfortable bed (and trust me I'm fussy!); a nice chaise longue to relax on whilst reading; a nice TV and to cap it all a beautifully-appointed bathroom with a sizeable bath and a well-powered shower.
To be honest, we didn't want to leave the room, even to dine! Fortunatley though we're glad we did - having read the menu we decided to sample the mouth-watering dishes on offer. It's one thing to have a great-looking menu though and an entirely different matter in delivering the taste. (I'm sure you know the feeling - you're absolutely famished and then you're served a dish that you wouldn't even offer to a United fan...) Well fear not at this hotel - I can safely say that this chef did not disappoint. The halloumi was a pleasant change for my wife, who is a vegetarian and often has to choose between cheese and tomato pizza, omelette, veggie lasagne or just a plate of chips(!) and the duck was cooked to perfection. All served by polite, attentive staff who really gave a new meaning to the phrase 'service with a smile'.
We then retired to the bar for an after-dinner drink (or two!) and met the rap-artist Devlin and his entourage (or should that be 'crew'...?! And no, before you tut-tut for invading their privacy, we didn't approach them, we just got chatting!) The notion of rappers being embittered, foul-mouthed youths who can't identify with those of us of a certain age is nonsense - we all chilled and they was all cool, yeah...?!
The next morning, we all had a hearty breakfast - again no complaints here - and bade our farewells to the staff. We were informed that we could use the facilities after checking out but alas had other plans, though we'll certainly do that next time we stay.
Funny, we came out of the hotel feeling as though we'd stayed with friends. I travel a lot in my job and can assure you that's never happened before! And really, that's the best way I can describe our experience - if you want to stay somewhere you can relax in style and know you will be well looked after, then this is certainly the right place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 4-star country-house hotel is in beautiful grounds, a short drive from Chester city centre. For leisure, it has an indoor swimming pool, a sauna, gym, jacuzzi, squash courts and spa. The beauty spa offers a range of relaxing treatments, including mud wraps and massages. Brook Mollington Banastre also has free car parking. Hotel Rooms: 63. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel Mollington
- Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel And Spa
- Best Western Chester
- Chester Best Western
- Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa Cheshire