“Good weekend in Chester with a sour twist.” 3 of 5 stars

Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Parkgate Road, Mollington, Chester CH1 6NE, England   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Good weekend in Chester with a sour twist.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

After arriving and being attended too by lovely staff we were shown to our room.
we were told we were in a superior "period room" but me and my partner thought how modern and nice it was.
The room did seem very dusty and we had no WiFi unless sitting in the window cill, not ideal.
On Monday morning(bank holiday Monday) we nearly had a heart attack when alarms started going off, I phoned down to reception only to speak to a rude man who told me" there are only 4 more tests to go, and it will be finished soon" no apologies. I thought this was very rude and somebody could of told us to expect it when checking in. Later on when we checked out lots staff were gathered having a chat and not one asked how our stay was.
We plan another stay in Chester soon and will look elsewhere nearer the city centre.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Danielandalice;
First of all I would like to thank you for your kind words.
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the hotel and its facilities.
We do test our alarms every Monday between 10 and 10.30am; this information is stated on the wall of each bedroom with the fire evacuation map and is also stated in the in bedroom guest registry.
I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused to your stay; although the receptionist who answered your call did apologize for the inconvenience caused we felt that on this occasion a monetary refund was not justified. I am sorry if that decision left you with a sour twist.
Once again I would like to thank you for all the positives and hope to welcome you back soon.
Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I have just spent a couple of nights here for our tenth wedding anniversary and I must say we were highly impressed with this hotel. Our bedroom and bathroom was fabulous. We didn't use the restaurant as we just went out to eat locally. We used the spa both days it was lovely. We will return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
WIGAN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

from the moment you arrive to when you leave everything is excellent the rooms,spa meals are very good the staff go the extra mile to make every stay special you will not regret booking a holiday or short break at the hotel it is close to attractions such as chester and chester zoo and the blue planet hope you visit soon

Room Tip: all the rooms are very good
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Fantastic hotel in good setting. Food excellent, staff lovely, gym excellent. Definitely going back again, well actually already booked again in 2 weeks!
Trip was business but unique hotel which makes me feel i are actually on holidays. Enjoy the experience.

Stayed May 2015
Kent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

What a gorgeous hotel! Stayed here for 2 nights spa hideaway package from 14th-16th April 2015 as a surprise anniversary present from my fiancé. Our stay was lovely, all staff were friendly especially in the spa, the food was incredible (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and the room was wonderful, clean and comfy veery spacious. We will 100% be visiting again in the future. Thank you very much Crabwall Manor.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

I've just finished my last course of Colonic Hydro Therapy with the wonderful Joanne Willcox. During my first session Joanne was very welcoming and reassuring (as you can imagine the 1st time having colonic can be quite daunting). The whole experience was very relaxing but this was achieved purely based on the excellent customer relation skills Joanne has, she was warm and friendly.
Afterwards I felt revitalised and focused. I was given fabulous advice with regards to dietary requirements to maintain a fully cleansed colon (a regime that I won't be able to stray from purely by choice). I decided to have a further 3 sessions with Jo and have seen great results. 12 lbs weight loss in 4 weeks!!! For anyone wanting to diet but struggle to stick to it, I would definitely recommend Joanne Willcox. Her advice is simple to follow and makes sense. For me, I understood that if you've cleansed from the inside why would you want to intoxicate yourself all over again?
I've now decided to continue colonic hydro therapy as a monthly staple. Knowing that I'll be coming back to a beautiful and scenic environment at Crabwall Manor is something I look forward to. The staff are friendly and attentive, offering a fresh brew of herbal teas or as I call them 'Crazy Tea' every time I stepped through the door.
The facilities ooze class and sophistication. When you leave, you feel and look a million dollars (I've had compliments from work colleagues after I visited one early morning)!!
Thank you Crabwall Manor for your outstanding hospitality and more importantly THANK YOU Joanne Willcox for being a truly inspiring person. You have an amazing aura that instantly makes me feel right at home when I'm in your presence - see you soon!!!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

i visited crabwall manor on a spa stay with friends and we spotted a leaflet advertising colonic hydrotherapy - this is something that I have thought about for many years having suffered with bloated ness etc... Anyway we ended up purchasing a groupon which was half the price £79 for myself and sister..... After the first session we felt great and purchased the buy two get one free... Which was £160 I am having my third session this week and so far I have more energy, people have commented on my skin and I'm not as hungry.... I put that down to the clay and pectin.... This stuff looks vile..... But I do recommend it as it does help in the cleansing process........

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!