“Lovely Spa Break” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Lovely Spa Break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Came here with my Mum for 2 nights. Our deal included breakfast on both mornings and evening meal on the 2nd night.

Rooms are huge and very comfortable, if a little dated. The hotel noted our request for a ground floor room and even delivered our bags once the room was available.

We booked ourselves into the Spa for an afternoon of pampering and it was absolutely lovely. The package came with a light lunch which was very nice. Afterwards we made the most of the pool and steam room etc.

The breakfast was great and the evening meal was gorgeous. We went out on the first night to The Grehound Inn in
Saughull and I can fully recommend it. It's about £5.00 in a taxi.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, in particular the young lad in the Spa who was lovely. We had a lovely stay and wouldn't hesitate coming back.

• Stayed October 2012
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear gauntys;

Thank you for your lovely review.
I am pleased that you enjoyed not only the hotel but also enjoyed the spa.
On behalf of the hotel I would like to thank you.
Looking forward welcoming you back very soon.
Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed in executive room 8 and our elderly relative next door room 9. Both rooms were fabulous. Breakfast and evening meal were also extremely good with very attentive staff at all times. We didn't have any hotel information in our rooms.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are fab
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear misty11133;

Thank you for your review.
I am glad you enjoyed your time with us.
Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review.
Very much looking forward welcoming you back very soon.
Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I spent a fantastic afternoon and night at Crabwall Manor - our executive room was very spacious and comfortable. We enjoyed using the excellent, well-equipped leisure facilities (we used the gym and pool) and I had a luxury facial which was very relaxing. I then had a bath in the huge bathtub (substantially bigger than many hotel baths which are disappointing) before we enjoyed a superb 3 course meal in the restaurant.

We liked the comfy, homely atmosphere and the bar area which was very pleasant to enjoy a drink in before and after dinner. This hotel has great character unlike so many of the modern hotels.

We will definitely return for a special occasion.

Our only very small complaint was that it was too hot at times, especially during dinner and breakfast, so maybe the heat needs to be turned down a bit.

Dear knowsagoodthing;

First of all I would like to thank you for your kind words. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and its spa.
On behalf of the hotel and its staff I would like to thank you.
Very much looking forward welcoming you back very soon.
Kidn regards
Leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

What a beautiful place to stay and a great atmosphere. we stayed on a 2 night offer break and couldnt fault it. We were given a fantastic room on our arrival with 2 balconies and a four poster but as we prefer twin beds we asked to be moved, we were then given the choice of 2 rooms and chose the one with the larger bathroom.The rooms were very clean, well equipped and although a little tired as we had moved to the side that hadnt yet been refurbished they werent tatty at all, the bath was the largest I have ever been in and the beds were so comfortable we only just got down to breakfast in time. The breakfast was excellent with everything fresh and hot and our evening meal was delicious with a good choice and beautifuly presented.We didnt use the pool as it was quite busy when we went to look but intend to when when we next visit which we certainly will in the new year.I could imagine spending Xmas at Crabwell as the lounge is so cosy and the atmosphere is so relaxed.

Room Tip: Some rooms have separate shower which means a larger bathroom
Dear LeicesterJeanie;

First of all I would like to thank you for your kind words. It is always a pleasure to see that our guests enjoyed their stay.
I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and on behalf of its staff I would like to thank you for your comments.
Looking forward welcoming you back very soon.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I took my mother to the Crabwall Manor for a special spa day, the treatment we had was great, so we decided to order some food, the hotel was very short staffed, a young lady trained for treatments had been forced on the till and tried her best but didn't know what she was doing, we asked her how much the salad costs as no prices on the list just stated i think £5.99 for chicken, she told us she would find out, next the salads arrived with 1 fillet of chicken cut in to 6 slices (3 slices) on each salad!!!!!(hav photos as proof) I told my mum the £5.99 must be the salad and the chicken but on ending our day the salad was around £13 each....!!!! disgusted with not being told up front and came away feeling ripped off. I did explain this to the receptionist and asked for our comments to be taken forward and to be called regarding my complaint. To this date I haven't had a response and I cannot find an email address or complaints department on-line to take this further. Other than this the day was nice, the spa was a break from the hectic daily working life.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Cheryl2708;

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
I would like to thank you for pointing out to me the issues you had during your stay.
I have since then spoken to the Spa Manager and my Head chef. Please be assured that your comments will be invistigated and that training will be in place as soon as possible so as to resolve any issue you encountered during your stay.
kind regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

hotel atmoshpheric and charming, lots of character. Visually stunning both internally and externally. A special treat for Mum and daughter to share, our request for twin beds was taken care of. Room very spacious, warm and the bathroom equally so. Food lovely. Spa and swimming facilities good but resisted urge to use the gym!

Dear Jane C;

First of all thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Feedback is a vital part of our business and as such is taken very seriously.
I would like to thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am very much looking forward welcoming you back very soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

hotel abit run down room was very nice spa was great stunning out buildings /veiw was told referb was to take place soon will look forword to calling back after referb resteraunt was over priced not enough choise food porshions to small after walking roud all day you need a hearty meal but still enjoyed are stayafter all most old buildings need some work here or there will be calling back

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear GFA_12

Thank you for your review.
Feedback is a vital part of our business and as such is taken very seriously.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we are very much looking forward welcoming you back very soon.
Kind regards

Been to Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!