Some five years back my wife and I scoured beaches and resorts for a venue that would provide a fabulous Goa experience for our close friends. We were bringing them together for a three-day wedding party - and the crowd was mixed; friends and family from Europe, Africa and North America, along with our close friends from Mumbai, Delhi and Kolhapur. We found Montego Bay - and Morjim beach, which was then fairly secluded. We booked the whole place and got a great deal. Alvin and the Montego Bay team made it into an event that is still talked about by our friends; fun-filled beach activities during the day, great food and snacks throughout, and beautifully atmosphered (no other word to describe it) nights - with bonfires, a dj and dancing, and that beautiful starlit Goan sky.
My wife and little two-year old returned recently (about a month back) for a break. She found many of the same friendly staff (always a good sign), new and further improved facilities, along with the same warmth and intimacy of years back. Now as a family - the place was perfect. And it is not often that you find a place that caters equally well for a group of fun-loving youngsters (in their 30s, nonetheless) and families. Our little boy was nicely cared for and looked after by the Montego team. And when I emailed Alvin to get my wife some flowers for Valentines, he got her a lovely bunch of roses. These small touches - and that extra care - is what makes a great place, superb. Now we're back - and I'm writing this review from the WIFI enabled log cabins after a beautiful stroll on the beach, sunset and with an exquisite seafood dinner ahead of us.
We've been coming to Goa for the last 15 years and have stayed from the rough beach shack, to the upmarket resort. Montego Bay has maintained high standards, consistency, and that personal touch which makes every stay special. It's our top choice - and highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the land of Sun, Sea and Sand for a fun-filled holiday. Montego Bay Beach Village is a boutique resort situated on the white sands of Morjim Beach, popularly known as the "Turtle Beach" where the famous Olive Ridley turtles come to nest and lay their eggs. The resort offers you an atmosphere of peace and tranquility where every person has his own privacy and enjoys the beautiful surroundings of a coconut grove and virgin beach. A sanctuary for the discerning traveler it is also a venue for creative weddings, theme birthday parties, and social gatherings. The resort consist of Log Cabins, Luxury Tents, Casa de Mudanc’a, and a Beach Villa spread over an area of 100,000 sq ft of beach front property. Wake up to the melodious notes of chirping birds as each and every room has a large veranda overlooking the Arabian Sea and is surrounded by the natural beauty of flora and a rich variety of bird life. This atmosphere makes Montego Bay Beach Village a charming ocean front property offering great value. It is an ideal getaway resort for couples and families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Montego Bay Beach Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montego Bay Beach Village Hotel Morjim
- Montego Bay Beach Village Pernem
- Montego Bay Beach Village Goa/Morjim