“Remote location, clean and good value” 3 of 5 stars

You added Novotel Paris La Defense to your Saves list
Novotel Paris La Defense
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Boulevard de Neuilly, 92081 La Defense, France   |
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in La Defense
“Remote location, clean and good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I booked Novotel La Defense directly from Accor's website. The price was rather cheap for Paris standard. The hotel location is in the outskirt of the city, one Metro stop before La Defense.
If you have business in La Defense, the hotel is about 15 minutes walking distance. If you want to visit the city, you have to use the Metro.

The check-in process was fast and the room was clean. However, they had an issue with their card key. Many of the guests needed to ask the reception to reprogram the key at least once a day. The reception acted as if this was guests' fault that we did not protect the key from mobile phone, or other credit cards, or any other magnetic field interferences. The staff did not want to admit that this was a general problem.

Overall, this hotel is a cheap alternative within a walking distance to La Defense. If you book early enough, you might be able to find a better alternative closer to your business/to city.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Greek first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I recently stayed here with a group attending a sporting event. To start, I would like to say a particular thank you to the wonderful front desk staff for going out of their way to assist a very tough group of traveling families. Our many difficulties with outside resources were assisted beautifully, and they went out of their way to assist us with tough situations and language barriers. Especially Martine.

That being said, the excellent mark was for the front desk. The restaurant staff and bar staff were hit or miss. They were clearly unhappy with our late morning or late night requests. As we were competing late at night, we'd frequently need someplace to eat after competition. Also, they would clear out the breakfast early and any stragglers would be accommodated reluctantly at best.

The rooms were large for European standards and very clean. I liked the fact that the toilet was separate from the shower area in the double that I was in. I also enjoyed a fold out sofa bed for my daughter. It was a nice change, since I had been traveling for several days prior and enjoyed the space. The bathroom drain did not work in the sink appropriately, but I did not report it to the front desk, as I was occupied with organization of our traveling members. I felt that such deficiencies could be noted by housekeeping staff, as they noticed that we had pulled the plug from the drain and replaced it. But this was a minor issue, and I was very satisfied with the room overall.

The food that I had from the regular dining room and the bar was very good. Better than any hotel I had ever stayed at. I prefer to eat out when circumstances allowed, but because of the nature of my trip, the hotel was the most convenient resource, and the quality of the food was very satisfactory.

The location is in the financial district. I would say that if you are looking for a hotel that suits a less European group, this is an excellent choice. We were travelling with several American families, and this hotel made them very happy. It is on line one of the Metro, and many tourist sites can be visited from this location. But this is not Paris, so if you want to stay in Paris, this does not provide the same experience as being downtown.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
BENARD C, Directeur général at Novotel Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on tripadvisor .
I have shared your comment with all the team .
I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again at Novotel Paris la Défense
Sincerely
The Manager
Port Harcourt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A very nice place to stay in, if on business. It was a walking distance to my workshop venue and I enjoyed the walk every day. There is a very good shopping mall 10 minutes walk away and there was always some group providing entertainment in the evenings.
The staff were very friendly and helpful when I needed some extras and directions.The room was neat and I liked the idea of a separate toilet. The wardrobe was open though, which was different - and I did not like. Overall a very good place to stay - in the center of everything, but without the noise.

Green Features: The hotel had notices on 'have your towels plant trees'. The re-used towel helps finance re-forestation projects since 2009.
Dear guest

thank very much for staying at Novotel Paris la Défense and for taking the time to write this positive review on Tripadvisor .
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to be able to welcome you again very soon
Sincerely
The Manager
Crowthorne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times in recent years. While it is typical of the Novotel brand, the rooms have recently been refurbished and are of a contemporary style and reasonably roomy. We were 2 adults and a 9 year old and had a good view from our room on the 10th floor. We had very much enjoyed seeing the Eiffel Tower when it was lit up after dark and could also see Sacre Coeur & the Arc de Triomphe in the distance. What I really like about this hotel is that if you request (and pay for!) a Paris View room you also get to watch the various barges passing along the Seine. While it is predominantly a business hotel for the La Defense area, we find it a good leisure choice as well. It is located right outside a metro station on Line 1 which runs up to the Arc de Triomphe, Champs Elysees, Concorde, Rue de Rivoli (for the Louvre) so is well positioned for access to many of the principal sights. There are good deals to be had via the Accor Group website if you can book well in advance and weekend rates are particularly good as most business travellers will have left and the atmosphere in the hotel is notably different. The staff we had contact with were all helpful and positive in attitude. We will return again in the future.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Guest

We are very pleased to read your positive comment on tripadvisor .
We are glad you are a regular guest of Novotel Paris la Defense .
We hope to be able to welcome you again very soon .
Best regards
Hamburg,Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had booked 1 night via Booking.com and gotten a good price. When checking into the hotel I was offered a upgrade in a newer room and on higher floors. The upgrade costs me EUR 30,- and I think it was worth it. Modern room with nice bathroom and seperate toilet. There are wifi, flatscreen TV, hairdryer in the room and also a Nespresso coffemaker.

Breakfast we very good but French with mainly barguette with cuts/cheese, fruit/yougurt and scrampled eggs/bacon. Since every one have to make their own coffeem, there is often a long line for the machine....

Room Tip: For EUR 30,- did I get an upgrade and could see the parisian skyline
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
BENARD C, Directeur général at Novotel Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest

We thank you very much for your positive review on tripadvisor .We are happy to learn that our price , the view from your room were great ;
We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel Paris la Défense
Best regards
Karlsfeld, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a very good Hotel for Business Reasons in La Defense. Close to Metro Station. Clean and modern rooms with separate toilet. Fast Service and good breakfast. Fully recommendation for Stay in the la Defense area.

Dear Guest

We thank you for your positive review on tripadvisor and for your recommandation .
We hope we will be able to welcome you again at Novotel Paris la Défense

Best regard
Zeist, Utrecht, Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel was ok. The room was clean, but some renewal shoul be done. The lifts where old. Staff was friendly and breakfast was good enough. Located at the beginning of La Defence. Wifi was free, but not very fast. Premium to be paid to get better.

Dear Guest

I thank you for taking the time to writte this review on tripadvisor .
I have shared your comments with the team
About our elevators, those are going to be renovated during the 2nd semetre of the year.
I do hope we will be able to welcome you again at Novote Paris la Défense
Best regard
The manager

Been to Novotel Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!