“Great Location but has faults” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
City Breaks up to 40% off
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in La Defense
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Great Location but has faults”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and either I overlooked items the first time or things have slipped since my last visit. I am rating this establishment as average but this is a generous and favorable rating. There are not many redeeming qualities with the property. The location is really the only reason to stay at this property. It is close to the metro, La Defense, and higher floors facing the city will have views of the Eiffel tower. I am a loyal Accor member being a Platinum status, and this property is woefully behind other Novotels in their treatment of loyal Accor members. I was provided a room upgrade which is pretty much standard practice for Accor members with a Platinum status. The room provided, while having views of the city was pretty basic other than this. If this was upgraded, not sure that I want to know what the standard room looks like. Customer Service is instrumental to a good stay and this property could make great strides toward improvement. I have personally written to the property to outline where I think it could improve, given that is now 5 days later without a reply or comment to the email speaks volumes about how the property is managed. I intentionally have held back to write this review hoping that management would at least recognize my email which would at least signal that they recognize that they have areas for improvement. The fact they haven't again tells me a lot. I will not go into all the areas where it could improve. I will just echo a previous comment about general odor in the hallways is correct, room decor is dated, customer service could improve, breakfast chaotic (granted I stayed on a busy weekend in all fairness to the hotel), parking and egress to the property painful. I will personally choose another Accor property or another hotel before I would come back. Given its location the property could be great but needs a lot to get there.

Room Tip: higher floor facing the city
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is my 4th visit to this hotel
They offered me the best room with a brilliant view on sen river
Breakfast is amazing with huge varieties
There is a free x-box in the lobby
The lobby night employees are instructed by management not to allow x-box players to have seats, and when they ask you not to take the seats assigned for computers they are very impolite

• Stayed November 2014
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Very dark, the corridor, the rooms, in the smokers floor it smells like a grave, no ventilation at all..very close to the metro station.. There is a Lebanese restaurant close by serving excellent food..

• Stayed October 2014
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Set in a very business oriented area of Paris, don’t expect to be surrounded by boulevards and romantic city views, but the Novotel La Defense is a great hotel nonetheless

I stayed for one night, but although my stay was short, it was very comfortable. The room was fairly basic and the décor was not particularly appealing but the bed was very good and everything was quiet and peaceful. The bathroom was pretty good, although I didn’t like the separate toilet which was like a cell with no windows. However what I did like was that there was a door between the bedroom and the entrance corridor containing the toilet – which gave the added benefit of extra sound proofing between the sleeping area and the corridor outside the room.

I had dinner in the hotel restaurant in the evening, which was delicious, and in the morning I had the buffet breakfast which was also really good – a wide selection and the best scrambled eggs I’ve ever had in a hotel! I advise you to take an early breakfast though, because by 8am there were no free tables and a queue of people waiting! I can see why it was so popular though.

The hotel is very efficiently run, and the food is particularly good. I was here on business and it served me very well. would not stay here for a holiday though - you are in a very plain business area of town (I had a river view and it was still ugly!), and there is nothing to do. The hotel is extremely close to a metro station though, on Line 1, so if you are happy to get on the Metro to visit the more traditional city sights of Paris, it might work out fine

Room Tip: Some rooms face the river, I can't tell which room numbers, would be worth asking
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Pembroke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were on the tenth floor with a view of the Eiffel Tower. Could also see Sacre Coeur on a clear day and the Seine ran just under our window. The room was large with a huge bed and a sofa that could convert into another bed if required. We had a huge walk in shower and seperate toilet. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfortable. We had a safe, free of charge and a kettle with tea and coffee provided. There was also a big tv for anyone who wanted to watch tv in Paris! The only down side was that the room was hot and the heating was as low as we could get it and the window didn't open. For safety reasons we supposed. But there was absolute silence in the room. No noise from the constant roar of traffic outside. The breakfast was superb. A huge choice. The staff were helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: I would say, the higher the better. The lifts were very fast and came almost as soon as we pressed t...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The rooms are like an oven, unable to bring down the temperature. The location is excellent, but selling me a room with view to Paris from the 2nd floor???? The room is correct, clean, but I expected a bit more. I prefer others.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Been to Novotel Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!