“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Adagio La Defense Esplanade

Save Saved
You added Adagio La Defense Esplanade to your Saves list
Adagio La Defense Esplanade
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Cours Michelet | La Defense 10, 92060 La Defense, France   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 40 %
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in La Defense
Auckland, New Zealand
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The only good points was a very friendly lady at reception and an excellent location with the metro station just next door and free wifi.
The rest of this place seems to be just bums in beds. The apartment I stayed in was spacious. But that's it. No coffee or tea.
VERY low water pressure in the shower.
I paid Euro 220 per night and stayed 5 nights. Not a single day I had any housekeeping service.
The lighting is very bad. Dark rooms. No iron and iron board.
Breakfast is OK, adequate..
On checkout I needed to pay euro 10.20 for one breakfast (room was prepaid). The receptionist claimed he had no change for my euro 20.00 note.. I refused to pay euro 20.00 and left him with a euro 10.00 note. I also refused to charge it to my credit card in order to avoid international charges. I had the feeling he wanted to fleece me of my 20 euro. I did not get a receipt for the breakfast. I am not complaining too much as they did not charge me for 4 breakfasts...clearly, their accounts system does not work properly...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
mirrorcrax
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Well, I only stayed here for one night so far, and I must say I'm not impressed, first off I found the checking in a bit intrusive with requests for passport and full advance deposit, I realize several hotels do this, but I expected better when the booking is made by a company representative with a corporate card. The walls aren't sound proof at all, the corridors are old and tattered, and there isn't sufficient light in the room. I haven't tried the kitchen or all the facilities, so can't comment on that. Location is nice close to arch de defense, I got a room with a horrible view of some roof. The only person I dealt with was the receptionist who was friendly. I would say this is a good hotel for a family visit where you would like to be close to one of the sites, and need a place to crash with the kids at night and perhaps cook something, otherwise, I don't like it much. Oh, price is kind of reasonable compared to other hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012 via mobile

This is the first review I've written because I'm so unhappy about this place.
Plus side - good location then it's downhill with everything else in the hotel! Everything these Apartments don't have you can find at the Fraser Suits; I would highly recommend staying there instead of here.
I now have a sore back to the point were I can hardly move and have taken painkillers! The beds here are the worst I've slept on, I would rather sleep on the floor!
No tea, coffee, milk, sugar in our apartment. I was looking forward to baths - n'existe pas!Crappy clothes hanger, no iron, just a board!?!? You can only use coins for the washing and dryer, need to introduce tokens so one can charge it onto the total hotel bill. So if you are staying a week, avoid this place like the plague!

• Stayed January 2012
Borden, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We choosed the La Défense area based on a friend recommendation. The hotel was nicely located 10 minutes away from the RER A and the Line 1 of the RATP.

Rooms are well appointed and the appartment-type was large enough for the 3 of us. Kitchenette was well equipped with all the basic like a fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave, keetle, coffe maker and toaster. Internet was provided for free and we also used the basement parking lot. There is agrocery store Monoprix located across the street and a Starbucks within 100 meters. Hotel was very quiet and the balcony was useful to get a nice view and fresh air from the parc du millenaire.

Staff was friendly.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Hi,

I stayed when building work was just being finished. this meant there was noise and a strong smell of paint which was not good.

i went again when it was finished and the rooms was very nice, clean, modern, comfy and good size.

the location is good if you are working in la defence- otherwise its not very good if you are a tourist!

breakfast is not very good.

good value for la defense.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Adagio La Defense Esplanade? Share your experiences!