“Convienient Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Paris La Defense Centre

You added Ibis Paris La Defense Centre to your Saves list
Ibis Paris La Defense Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Boulevard de Neuilly | Paris La Defense Cedex, 92400 La Defense, France   |
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in La Defense
“Convienient Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Have stayed here several times and location is great couple of hundred yards from Metro stop and easy access to central Paris. La Defense contains large shopping complex,and cinema with plenty of options to eat, restaurants and fast food.
Good tip is to buy a three zone travel card for either 3 or 5 days. could save you a lot of money rather than buying individual tickets or books of.

Room Tip: Ask for river view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

my partner and I always look at reviews on here to decide whether or not to stay a hotel and we decided to go for it for several reasons that we thought matched our criteria. So my review will be based on my experience and not really on the expectations we had built based on previous reviews.

The location of the hotel is very good, walking distance to the metro station and I think it's the best line to have close to the hotel if you want to see Paris (line 1 - Yellow, which has stops in arc de triomphe, concorde, louvre, etc etc) so that we like. La Defense offers good shops, peaceful and quiet environment and a big shopping centre in case you want to do some shopping or eat out.

The room was very small, but clean and with a very comfy bed. The closet its tiny but it has enough space to fit two people's clothes and to be honest, one only wants a good bed to rest and wake up refreshed the next day to explore La Belle Paris!

Now, the negative:
1. There is no safe deposit box in the room (at least not hours 1408) and the ones they have on floor 0 are too small and will not hold a laptop in them (barely two iPads and a wallet) so be aware of that and don't take too many valuables especially if they are too big.
2. We paid for breakfast but felt quite disappointed what they had available every morning (lots of bread, a few cakes, enough fruit but some of it soggy and looking rather old, butter, 3 types of jams, crepes that looked more like thin pancakes, good cheeses, cereal, spanish tortilla) and... that's about it. I really fancied some eggs but I had to go to the nearby starbucks to get them because the hotel did not have any. I am not stingy at all, but we both found that the quality of the food and the variety was NOT worth the money we paid for. Also, the tables were dirty, two coffee cups we used had hairs in them (although they were in the clean cupboard) and one yogurt that I opened was out of date, so be very careful. Perhaps have breakfast elsewhere.
3. the aircon was turned on but it never cooled, we played and played with the control but nothing helped. The room was not hot but because you can't open the window it felt very stuffy and somewhat suffocating.
4. The Service: now this is where my big issue is. Went to the bar to get two orange juice bottles and the man in there was very rude. didnt pay attention to our presence and when we paid he didnt say thank you or even a smile. Same thing at the reception, we asked for assistance serveral times and the ladies and men there were quite rude, unfriendly and unhelpful (thank god we have google to ask questions to) on the last day of our stay we left our luggage in their left luggage room but then we realised that one of our mobile phones was not in our bags so we asked the lady if the cleaning lady had reported a lots phone or something. The lady just said: you didnt lose it here, have a good afternoon and left. So, wait... couldn't she call someone and ask? at least try? amazing! anyway we ended tracking the phone using find my iphone and it was THERE. but we were already back in the UK so, no point ringing people to even try to look for it so there £450 spent on a new phone that could have been retrieved by the hotel staff and returned whilst were were there.
5. The prices at the bar are excessive, but there is a big supermarket in the shopping centre (quatre temps called Auchan) so do some shopping there and stock up.

So this is my experience and I don't want to stay at another Ibis again (I thought best western was bad, but this is much worst... especially the service delivered by staff members)

Happy Travelling!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

For mainland Europe the beds were amazing! I've never found one so comfy and with big enough, comfy pillows (an extra provided too). It's very near the Metro station and line 1 runs late so never felt like we were far away from the centre of Paris. Rooms are small, but were clean and fine enough considering we were only there to sleep! The staff were nice and the bar maid opened our wine we bought in for us so we could drink it in our room.
The only bad bits were; the toilet was coming away from the wall making it feel unstable, the breakfast was expensive so we didn't bother and the air conditioning was either weak or broken, the room was very hot, so I'd hate to be in it during the height of summer! We had a little problem after leaving with them taking some extra money out of my bank, but after one phone call it went back in, so no harm done :)
I'd stay here again, especially if in need of a budget hotel, it was about half the price of any I could find in the centre!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view of the Eiffel Tower, but apparently that side is a little noisier when the tr...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stayed at this Ibis hotel for a business trip. The price (compared to similar hotels) is high.
Main complaints:
1. Outdated and dirty room
2. Air conditioning didn't work (the room was 29 degrees Celsius :( )
3. Wifi was unusable
4. I cannot stand-up straight in the shower, the ceiling is too low
5. No minibar or refrigerator in the room
6. Hotel room is really small

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, I would never visit this hotel again if I went to Paris for a personal holiday.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Ibis Paris La Defense Centre? Share your experiences!