“Room not serviced, and worlds shortest shower.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Paris La Defense Centre

Save Saved
You added Ibis Paris La Defense Centre to your Saves list
Ibis Paris La Defense Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Boulevard de Neuilly | Paris La Defense Cedex, 92400 La Defense, France   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in La Defense
Cleveland, Ohio
“Room not serviced, and worlds shortest shower.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

So, I recognize this is an inexpensive hotel in a busy business area. BUT. This is the first time ever that my room was simply not serviced. I'm not horrified as such (how much mess an I cause in one night....) but it just seems to be such a fundamental oversight. And it took nearly the duration of my shower to work out why the bathroom overall felt cramped - there was barely 8 inches of clearance between me and the ceiling - and I'm 5'2. Desk service was rude on one occasion I asked for help. Even though this is a business trip, I am allowed a limited choice of hotel, and will be choosing NOT to stay here again...

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I booked online and received both an email and SMS confirmation of my booking. So, imaging my surprise when I arrived and was told that I must have cancelled my booking (made just 3 days earlier!) and that there would not be a room for me on 2 of my 5 required nights.
At least I was able to stay for the 1st and 2nd nights and was told to "ask at the desk" to see if there were any cancellations that I could use.
On Monday evening, I talked to a different person on the check-in desk and they managed to confirm my room for all 5 nights but there was no compensation for their making a mistake or causing me stress (even though they proudly display their 15-minute guarantee).
My evening meal in the restaurant was served cold on Monday night so I ate elsewhere on other nights.
The room, though warm, did not provide a comfortable place to sit. The TV channel range was very limited and the fixtures and fittings were Ikea-style (basic, to say the least).
The only reason I would stay here again is because it is cheaper than nearby hotels but it was still very expensive (750+ Euros for a 5 night stay!!) compared to others I have stayed at in capital cities.

Room Tip: If you want a good room - choose a different hotel :-)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were visiting Paris for the Heineken Cup match in Stade de France. The journey from CDG Airport took about an hour but the hotel is only five minutes walk from the metro station. There is also a bus stop a few minutes further which brings you into Paris central.
At check-in we had already been given our room cards when my travelling buddy asked about the single beds. This had been included in the special requests on the original booking but was not noticed by the very pleasant receptionist. We got a room with the single beds.
The bedroom was small but adequate for our purposes. It was unfortunate that we could not open the window as we both felt the room was a bit stuffy on arrival. However, we did utilise the a/c which brought matters under control.
The all you can eat buffet breakfast was good value with a nice selection of cereals, yogurts, breads, croissants, crepes, cheese, ham, teas and coffees. It was certainly filling and set us up well for the day.
We spent two nights in the hotel and before we left we were able to have our boarding cards printed in the hotel which saved us time later.
There was free use of two PCs outside the breakfast area and one or both were usually available.
There are three elevators in use in the hotel and this was the one drawback. You can wait for five minutes or more at times to await the arrival of one. We stayed on the first floor so the stairs (not well marked) was our best option.
All in all a pleasant experience and a place I would certainly use again if in Paris for a sporting occasion.

Room Tip: If you do not have the patience to wait for the arrival of the escalator, a room on one of the lower...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Nouakchott, Mauritania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Good location with easy access to Train and bus stops. Proximity to business and shopping centres.
Staff at the hotel are staff. Breakfast is standard french breakfast with all one can find as a normal french breakfasts.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Folkestone, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Hotel very clean. Adequate room facilities. Service very satisfactory. Out of city location but just one minute's walk from metro and short journey to central Paris. Good value accom. Only disappointment was the evening restaurant experience. Service was slow and food options very limited due to shortages. Also local area not blessed with many alternatives. Take the metro into the busier city centre.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Very good accommodation a few stops from city center, rooms small but adequate and clean. The staff was nice and helpful
Perfect breakfast
minus is that in hotel is not possible open the window, there is only aircondition

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Ibis Paris La Defense Centre? Share your experiences!