“A Luxury weekend in Paris at the Hotel Renaissance La Defense” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Paris Hotel La Defense

You added Renaissance Paris Hotel La Defense to your Saves list
Renaissance Paris Hotel La Defense
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Jardin de Valmy, Boulevard Circulaire, Sortie 7, 92918 La Defense, France   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
15% off
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in La Defense
Belgium
“A Luxury weekend in Paris at the Hotel Renaissance La Defense”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

14/4/2014: Just got back from a weekend in Paris.
We stayed in the Hotel Renaissance La Defense a 4* hotel.
Great and spaces room looking out on the « GRAND ARCH ».
Excellent English/Continental breakfast. The hotel staff was superb and spoke very good English.
Included in our booking price was parking place in the hotel private garage.
Access to the Number 1 Metro line at 200 meter. (It takes 15 minutes to the center of Paris)
Also there is a shopping mall with about 350 stores which is also open on Sunday.
In the Mall there are places to eat at the 4 floor near the cinema’s (UGC).

La Defense is also free of al traffic and a very nice place to walk around. Of course during weekdays it is very busy because it is a mayor business area where many large firms have their offices, but during the weekend is it nice to stay here.

We’ve paid 190 Euro + 6 Euro city tax, my wife and I for a stay of 2 nights in a double room. In the room there was also a small sitting area with a sofa, coffee and thee facility, a flat screen TV, and a radio with an IPOD docking station. The hotel has also a fitness area.

I hope this is helpful to plan your next trip to Paris

Room Tip: Check for special rates and offers, we've got 50 % reduction and free parking
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Turkish first
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Located in the La Defense district of Paris near the 4 Temps mall, the Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel is nice and has a great staff. The rooms look a bit date, not sure if that's intentional or not, but they are of a good size for Europe and are well kept. The only thing that really bothered me about the room was the shower/tub combo. There was no shower curtain or a door, but rather a small pane of glass. This didn't do the job and water would frequently get all over the bathroom.

That being said, the property does have a good Executive Lounge open on weekends with a good breakfast spread and ample seating. When the lounge isn't open on weekends on holidays, you will be given vouchers to eat breakfast for free in the California restaurants (buffet). Even when the lounge is closed, however, you may still access it for free drinks!

English wasn't a problem here as other reviewers have mentioned, as a lot of the staff aren't even French. And while I enjoyed the property, I'm not sure I'd return. The distance from central Paris made sightseeing difficult to say the least, and dining options in the immediate area are extremely limited, especially on the weekends when everything is closed.

Room Tip: Good hotel with dated looking rooms a bit far from Central Paris
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I stayed here for a night last week whilst on a business trip. Given the client was a 2 min walk from the entrance to the hotel the location could not have been better. As for the hotel itself I am full of praise, the reception staff are amongst some of the most welcoming and accommodating I have yet to experience on my travels, little things like remembering my name to greet me in the morning adds that little extra touch. I arrived just after 11am and they were able to find me a room immediately which was really appreciated. I had a business lunch in the restaurant and a light dinner in the bar, food was excellent although a tad pricey. Service was prompt, friendly and attentive.

However, only 4 out of 5 stars as the wifi (which was extra I might add, which usually is a no no in my books when paying 4 star rates) did not reach my room. Admittedly I was right at the end of the passage in a corner of the hotel, I suspect the repeaters were not strong enough to reach the far end of the corridor. Despite this inconvenience I would have no problem in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Wifi fades out in the far flung corners of the hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I arrived in my taxi on a Sunday evening and the door staff stated arguing with my driver saying he was parked in the wrong place. As my first time here I needed directions to reception and had to interrupt the argument to get them. My room key stopped working mid stay. The room was musty and dated with black mould in bathroom. The fridge was so old I turned if off from fear of electrical fire. At breakfast the yogurts were out of date and not removed after I notified staff. They recycle the pots of water for tea and coffee from table to table, so you may end up with an empty pot if the previous table drank it. The dinner was ok, but the waiter was awful. He did not bring a few of the items ordered and he had bad body odour.
I recommend to try another hotel in the area.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
thibaut p, director of operations at Renaissance Paris Hotel La Defense, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
I'm coming back to you concerning your disappointment with the general service in our hotel, please accept my personal apologies.

I have informed both the Front Office Manager and the Food and Beverage Manager concerning these issues and they will certainly be taking your points under consideration.

I wish to thank you for bringing this situation to our attention, as it is due to comments such as yours that we can perfect our standards of service.

We thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves and prove to you that your experience was the exception rather than the rule.

Sincerely yours,
Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I've been in that hotel for business purposes. The hotel is very nice, though the rooms need some renovation. Yet, it is very clean. The best point of this hotel is their staff - everybody is so nice and helpful, for example, my room safe didn't work, in a matter of minutes someone came and fixed it. They always want to make you happy.
The only fault is that it is not located in the center of Paris, yet you have a Metro station next to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Conveniently located near the metro station. Good size rooms with all amenities. Expensive room service but that is to be expected. Very nice breakfast buffet that accommodates all tastes. Recommended especially for businesses travellers

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Tolmezzo, Italia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Sorry, but I find it disgraceful that a large chain hotel charges a ridiculous amount of money for a room that is two cents shy of a total dump. The hotel is outdated, the staff looks depressed, and the quality of the room is beyond an insult. In this case they tried to dress up the early 1980's-styled rooms with some ¨Tokyo¨ theme, at least that's what I found in the bathrooms. I am all for the small boutique hotels, that charge less, provide clean, comfortable, stylish environments...maybe the smaller hotels don't offer amenities like a gym, but a nice walk in Paris does as much for the body as for the mind and soul. These megahotelschains that charge you for everything, even a squalid bottle of overpriced cheap French red wine, should be ashamed of themselves...they simply rip people off...I hope people are getting smarter!

Room Tip: avoid this place
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
thibaut p, director of operations at Renaissance Paris Hotel La Defense, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Hotel Paris La Defense for your stay
in Paris.

Please be assured that the satisfaction of our customers is a paramount
concern to us, and all your comments definitely help us improve the service
we provide.

We really apologize for the inconveniences you have encountered.

We really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the near future and
to make your stay memorable.

In the meantime, should you need any further assistance, please feel free to
contact me.

Yours Sincerely,

Been to Renaissance Paris Hotel La Defense? Share your experiences!