“Valentines Break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Paris La Defense

Save Saved
You added Hilton Paris La Defense to your Saves list
Hilton Paris La Defense
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 place de la Defense | Le CNIT - BP 210, 92053 La Defense, France   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From €154
Ranked #6 of 38 hotels in La Defense
“Valentines Break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I visited Paris with my girlfriend for the valentines break, the room was very clean.
the only down side was the room was too hot in which we had to ask for a fan which was extremely noisy when your trying to sleep.

great location as the metro is literally a minutes walk and your are only 12 stops from the centre of paris which takes about 14 minutes.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
H0tel_Manager_13, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Hennessy89,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website following your stay with us. Indeed, I am pleased to read that your overall “Valentine’s break” was to your convenience.

However, I have well noted your feedback regarding the inconvenience you encountered with your room air conditioning. Please be informed that the CNIT maintenance team in charge of the hotel air conditioning proceeded to a mandatory maintenance on its network which took our hotel away with cold water network during several days. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the trouble this may have caused.

746 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

As a Hilton Diamond member, I spend around 60 nights a year at Hiltons so I've seen quite a few. This hotel has some of the worst service I've ever encountered anywhere.

Forget about the fact that it's not near central Paris, is connected to a shopping mall an has no executive lounge. If you arrive by metro at night, virtually all the entrances are locked with no signage to the only door that's open.

When I checked in at 11 p.m., I was told by the receptionist that there was 24-hour room service. What I wasn't told is that the only thing served after 10:45pm is a cold toasted (i.e., soggy) chicken sandwich or pizza. Also, the person who answered the phone for room service spoke no English.

In addition, the room thermostats don't seem to work and blast out hot air. When I went downstairs to try to see a manager, another guest was there complaining about the heat, and was told that's just the way it is.

There used to be a fabulous Hilton in Paris near the Arc de Triomphe. No more. I strongly suggest avoiding this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear kingofsquid,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I sincerely apologise for the unpleasant experience you encountered during you r stay with us.
We greatly value our guests’ opinions and your comments have been shared with Department Heads concerned. However, please note that the CNIT maintenance team in charge of our air-conditioning system proceeded with a cold water cut of our network during several days.
Please accept once again my most sincere apologies for the discomfort this may have caused.

Firenze
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Excellent service, amazing location! Clean room, nice hall, very good American breakfast. Very nice hotel located in the new neighbourhood of Paris -La Dèfense (a smaller Manhattan). If you happen to be in Paris don't miss La Dèfense! Well done!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear virgil e,

Thank you so much for your nice review following your stay in our hotel. We are always pleased to read that our property is a nice place to stay for our guests.

Team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous hotel, lovely bar area, try the cocktails for two - amazing! Didn't venture to breakfast, too expensive, but lovely coffee shops nearby in the Mall. Stayed in a suite - awesome, with fresh flowers on our arrival. No free wi-fi, slightly disappointing, and missed an Executive Lounge. La Defense is a lovely area to visit, fabulous shopping mall, lovely restaurants and so close to the sights of Paris - metro easy to use. Would certainly return and would book a suite again. Car park very difficult to find, and roads are busy, we ended up parking in the Quatre Temps car park which was within walking distance of hotel.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Alli R,

Thank you for your kind comments on this website. I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Following your comment regarding difficulties to find the CNIT car parking facility, on a future stay, should you have any query or any need of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Concierge team, they will be pleased to assist you.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Seriously.. Hotel in Paris.. Hilton.. presumably 4 stars.. but I would give it 3 at max..
My room was small and bathroom not impressive.. Breakfast was terrible, long waiting time for check-in and bar was closing something around 10pm and we were refused drinks after that time.. I go regularly in business and i have never seen anything like that.. Far from everything (except La Defense) and not a nice area around.. Hard to find for any taxi driver we have met.. You will feel like in the middle of nowhere.. I would never come back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Danek_6,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I understand that you were not satisfied with your stay, for which I sincerely apologise. We always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that on this occasion
we failed to meet your expectations. Indeed, I am sorry to hear that your 32 s.q.m room was not to your satisfaction.
I am surprised by your remark on our bar closing hours and would be grateful if you could provide me with further details. Indeed, our bar closes everyday at midnight.

Danek_6, I look forward to reading from you soon.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The hotel is very nice and modern. The staff here is great as well. As a Diamond Member we received free breakfast and the breakfast selection was great. Transporation is right outside the hotel doors, and, best part is is that you do not even have to go outside to access the train station. We were scheduled to stay here for 2 days, but, we loved it so much, the hotel and the ease of getting around, we stayed an additional 2 days. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Paris.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TheCarter1,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit and even decided to extend your stay with us.

TheCarter1, all team look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I am a diamond member of Hilton so expect and usually receive great service but this place is better than great. Stayed here before as so easy, cheaper than city centre but 2 metro stops into the Lourve etc so easy. The metro station is about 6 floors underneath hotel so you don't hear it or feel it but so close it's perfect. It's on the RER line, the fast one basically so perfect spot. Staff could not be better, all happy, helpful and welcoming. Nothing seems to much trouble and been back online whilst we are here to book again as just can't beat service, location and price. We had 2 small kids, 4 and 5 and it's great as safe outside and quiet so everybody can relax as no traffic

Room Tip: Ask for view of the Grand Arch, the 3rd of Paris's arches