“Amazing hotel, best service and easy links to centre” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Paris La Defense

Save Saved
You added Hilton Paris La Defense to your Saves list
Hilton Paris La Defense
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 place de la Defense | Le CNIT - BP 210, 92053 La Defense, France   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From €154
Ranked #6 of 38 hotels in La Defense
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Amazing hotel, best service and easy links to centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I am a diamond member of Hilton so expect and usually receive great service but this place is better than great. Stayed here before as so easy, cheaper than city centre but 2 metro stops into the Lourve etc so easy. The metro station is about 6 floors underneath hotel so you don't hear it or feel it but so close it's perfect. It's on the RER line, the fast one basically so perfect spot. Staff could not be better, all happy, helpful and welcoming. Nothing seems to much trouble and been back online whilst we are here to book again as just can't beat service, location and price. We had 2 small kids, 4 and 5 and it's great as safe outside and quiet so everybody can relax as no traffic

Room Tip: Ask for view of the Grand Arch, the 3rd of Paris's arches
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
H0tel_Manager_13, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear walker1975,

Thank you so much for your comments following your most recent stay with us.
I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay and found the staff 'make' the hotel and you and your family’ stay memorable and enjoyable. It is a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

All team look forward to welcoming you all back to our hotel very soon.

747 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

OK - so it isn't "really" Paris...but if business dictates it can be reasonably convenient. The major "plus" here would be the staff. They were unfailingly polite and engaging. When the staff is nice and the cost is reasonable one has to overlook some of the mildly incongruent elements. The overall architecture is best described as "bad 70's". It is attached to some sort of slightly under used shopping plaza and other convention buildings. And the hotel restaurant is OK but far from the standards of the Hilton brand. Rooms are decent and afforded a nice quiet sleep after a long flight. Furthermore, my room was ready when I arrived mid-morning (how often have you had to sit in the lobby of some hotel while jet lagged waiting for a room to become available?)

Dear SFKSAW,

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our hotel and our team.

I have however noted that our restaurant did not meet your expectations. We would be grateful if you could provide us with further details on your experience.

SFKSAW, I look forward to reading from you soon.

Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Reasonable business hotel with comfortable enough rooms and an ok restaurant. But this sort of hotel proves itself by how well they deal with problems and here the Hilton really struggled. I had a problem with the wifi connection in the room (which you pay 20 euros per night for!). Basically it just wasn't working, although other spots in the hotel were ok. I reported this to the reception staff who told me I had to phone the service provider to sort it out - sorry but this is the hotels problem and they should sort it out. There's no way I should be chasing around another company to try to fix the problem. The hotel staff agreed to do this but after several hours of waiting it became clear they weren't doing anything. They eventually sent up their IT person to check the problem. This consisted of turning his phone on to find exactly the same problem I'd experienced. I was then told they'd deal with a-Bahn (the service provider) to get the problem fixed. This resulted in a 20 min call where a-Bahn admitted they didn't know what the problem was. After all this the reception staff reluctantly offered me a move to another room.
What bugs me most is not the wifi problem, a dodgy router can happen, but the fact that I had to jump through so many hoops to get a solution. A good hotel would have just moved me straight away and dealt with the problem. The Hilton felt it necessary to make me prove the problem to them several times before they'd act. Not good service, especially at 280 euros a night!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear AlanYain,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Paris.

I sincerely apologise for the unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay with us.
We greatly value our guests’ opinions and we have well taken note of your comments. They help us a lot in our quality of service and make our team bring into focus how an unfortunate incident can become annoying depending the way it is handled.

I assure you that every possible measure are taken to ensure that these types of experiences do not happen again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have tayed at this hotel many times. I was there for a trade show at Parc des Expositions. The weather was terrible with heavy snow. I am really pleased to have been in the Hilton again. As it is located in the CNIT complex you can walk from the Metro into the hotel without going outside a big plus.

The staff are always so helpful and polite and for easy access to central Paris on line 1 of the Metro or by tram to Porte de Versailles its very convenient. Usually the prices are very competitive for this level of hotel. I would recommend it unreservedly.

Dear rickwood50,

Thank you very much for your loyalty to our hotel. I am pleased to read your satisfaction with our facility and our team.

Rickwood50, we look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

worldwide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I didn’t understand the area the hotel was located but on arrival I liked that it is located in a business area of Paris, reminded a bit like Canary Wharf in London. My Parisian friends didn’t quite understand why I booked in this location but I liked it. It is only a 15 minute ride on the underground to Gare Du Nord.

On arrival I was checked in by Angela, not the warmest of welcomes, she well courteous to a point but her conversation with her colleague seemed more important. I had already been up over 24hours and travelling from London was quite excited to be in Paris for the first time, but the check in left me a little deflated.

The room was clean and tidy, a little dated in areas but above all acceptable. I don’t know what the star rating was but I'd give a good 4 stars. The view I didn’t mind, I found it quite interesting but I wasn’t planning on staying in the room for long periods... I had a quick shower and went out so only slept in the room. The bed was comfortable and the linen was lovely and crisp. I forgot my UK adaptor and went to concierge but there was nobody at the desk. The hotel opens onto a shopping centre so I checked the shops for an adaptor but no UK adaptors, naturally, I was in France. So I headed back to the concierge but I waited about 5 minutes and nobody came, there was a man stood around in a suit, I imagine a lobby host and he could see me waiting but offered no attention.

I went to the room, my iPhone rapidly dying and I had already purchased internet to let friends know I arrived safely by email as no network on my mobile. I called the guest service centre they said they would send someone up. Well within 3 minutes concierge was at my door with an adaptor. They charge a deposit for safe return of the adaptor but I was amazed at the speedy service, and the French gentleman explained in English the deposit procedure and he was the first one to come across as though he actually cared, didn’t see his name, deep voice, big in stature, he should be acknowledged for his service!

I slept well, check out was with Angela again, she was OK but wasn’t that interested in how my stay was, just a simple check out, her English seemed very good but she didn’t speak much to me. I wanted to leave my bag as it was 11am and my Eurostar was not until 9pm and it was quite heavy, I didn’t like to ask Angela so I carried it all around Paris with me.

All in all I would stay again at this hotel and have recommended it to others already.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Flyingboy77,

I would like to thank you for your positive comments on this website.

Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations. I understand that your check-in and check-out experience was not to your convenience, for which I apologise and that I fully agree. Be assured that this has been discussed with our Front of House Manager in order to ensure that our Reception Team is well trained to welcome our guests the warmest as possible.

I am however pleased to read that your impression of Nicolas, our Bell boy, was good.

Flyingboy77, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when you next require accommodation in town.

Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I had to stay one night at Paris La Defense, therefore I've looked up the Hilton, which is my default brand.
This one is kind of in the middle... you can see that it used to be hyper-modern a few years ago but time has moved on.
All in all a great experience, very professional staff, nice room, wonderful breakfast.
Only downsides during my stay: The Taxi Driver had a hard time finding the entrance and the table at the bar was wiggling.
Very professional and courteous staff.

Dear pkoen,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
Further to the wriggling table, I have already discussed this with our Food and Beverage Manager in order to check all tables in the Bar and in the restaurant. I do thank you for having brought this to our attention.

Pkoen, I hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back in our hotel for a future stay in Paris.

Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed one night at the Hilton La Defense last weekend. I arrived from Orly Airport and took the Orlyval to Antonio and then the RER to La Defense changing at Chatelet-Les Halles.

The entrance to the Hotel is either through the shopping mall or the square. You have to take a lift to the first floor to get to the reception and restaurant area. Check in was quick and as a Diamond member was upgraded to a relaxation room on the first floor. The room was of a reasonable size with a desk area taking half of the room and a king size bed the other half. bathroom had a separate shower cubicle and a whirlpool bath. What I found strange was that the window looked out onto a corridor, which was currently been renovated as there were electric wires everywhere, This corridor then overlooked the main square of the La Defense. What the purpose of this corridor I haven't the faintest.

Breakfast at the restaurant was the usual Hilton fare with a wide variety of hot and cold meals available.

Although a short one night stay I found the location perfect for shopping in the new shopping mall Les Quatre Temps which contained a lot of high quality shops. To get to the tourist attractions in the centre of paris it took about 25 minutes by metro.

When I return to Paris I will have no hesitation in staying at the Hilton La Defense.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear sospangar,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service was to your expectations.

Following your interrogation regarding the corridor in front of the window, this is actually a security gateway accessible by CNIT maintenance technicians and firemen in case of an emergency.

Thank you again for staying with us sospangar and I hope to welcome you back soon in our property.

gerald.vanreck@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!