“Decent Value if La Defense is Where You Have to go” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Paris La Defense

You added Hilton Paris La Defense to your Saves list
Hilton Paris La Defense
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 place de la Defense | Le CNIT - BP 210, 92053 La Defense, France   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in La Defense
Montreal, Canada
“Decent Value if La Defense is Where You Have to go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

OK - so it isn't "really" Paris...but if business dictates it can be reasonably convenient. The major "plus" here would be the staff. They were unfailingly polite and engaging. When the staff is nice and the cost is reasonable one has to overlook some of the mildly incongruent elements. The overall architecture is best described as "bad 70's". It is attached to some sort of slightly under used shopping plaza and other convention buildings. And the hotel restaurant is OK but far from the standards of the Hilton brand. Rooms are decent and afforded a nice quiet sleep after a long flight. Furthermore, my room was ready when I arrived mid-morning (how often have you had to sit in the lobby of some hotel while jet lagged waiting for a room to become available?)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
H0tel_Manager_13, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear SFKSAW,

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our hotel and our team.

I have however noted that our restaurant did not meet your expectations. We would be grateful if you could provide us with further details on your experience.

SFKSAW, I look forward to reading from you soon.

gerald.vanreck@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Reasonable business hotel with comfortable enough rooms and an ok restaurant. But this sort of hotel proves itself by how well they deal with problems and here the Hilton really struggled. I had a problem with the wifi connection in the room (which you pay 20 euros per night for!). Basically it just wasn't working, although other spots in the hotel were ok. I reported this to the reception staff who told me I had to phone the service provider to sort it out - sorry but this is the hotels problem and they should sort it out. There's no way I should be chasing around another company to try to fix the problem. The hotel staff agreed to do this but after several hours of waiting it became clear they weren't doing anything. They eventually sent up their IT person to check the problem. This consisted of turning his phone on to find exactly the same problem I'd experienced. I was then told they'd deal with a-Bahn (the service provider) to get the problem fixed. This resulted in a 20 min call where a-Bahn admitted they didn't know what the problem was. After all this the reception staff reluctantly offered me a move to another room.
What bugs me most is not the wifi problem, a dodgy router can happen, but the fact that I had to jump through so many hoops to get a solution. A good hotel would have just moved me straight away and dealt with the problem. The Hilton felt it necessary to make me prove the problem to them several times before they'd act. Not good service, especially at 280 euros a night!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear AlanYain,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Paris.

I sincerely apologise for the unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay with us.
We greatly value our guests’ opinions and we have well taken note of your comments. They help us a lot in our quality of service and make our team bring into focus how an unfortunate incident can become annoying depending the way it is handled.

I assure you that every possible measure are taken to ensure that these types of experiences do not happen again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have tayed at this hotel many times. I was there for a trade show at Parc des Expositions. The weather was terrible with heavy snow. I am really pleased to have been in the Hilton again. As it is located in the CNIT complex you can walk from the Metro into the hotel without going outside a big plus.

The staff are always so helpful and polite and for easy access to central Paris on line 1 of the Metro or by tram to Porte de Versailles its very convenient. Usually the prices are very competitive for this level of hotel. I would recommend it unreservedly.

Dear rickwood50,

Thank you very much for your loyalty to our hotel. I am pleased to read your satisfaction with our facility and our team.

Rickwood50, we look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I had to stay one night at Paris La Defense, therefore I've looked up the Hilton, which is my default brand.
This one is kind of in the middle... you can see that it used to be hyper-modern a few years ago but time has moved on.
All in all a great experience, very professional staff, nice room, wonderful breakfast.
Only downsides during my stay: The Taxi Driver had a hard time finding the entrance and the table at the bar was wiggling.
Very professional and courteous staff.

Dear pkoen,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
Further to the wriggling table, I have already discussed this with our Food and Beverage Manager in order to check all tables in the Bar and in the restaurant. I do thank you for having brought this to our attention.

Pkoen, I hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back in our hotel for a future stay in Paris.

Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed one night at the Hilton La Defense last weekend. I arrived from Orly Airport and took the Orlyval to Antonio and then the RER to La Defense changing at Chatelet-Les Halles.

The entrance to the Hotel is either through the shopping mall or the square. You have to take a lift to the first floor to get to the reception and restaurant area. Check in was quick and as a Diamond member was upgraded to a relaxation room on the first floor. The room was of a reasonable size with a desk area taking half of the room and a king size bed the other half. bathroom had a separate shower cubicle and a whirlpool bath. What I found strange was that the window looked out onto a corridor, which was currently been renovated as there were electric wires everywhere, This corridor then overlooked the main square of the La Defense. What the purpose of this corridor I haven't the faintest.

Breakfast at the restaurant was the usual Hilton fare with a wide variety of hot and cold meals available.

Although a short one night stay I found the location perfect for shopping in the new shopping mall Les Quatre Temps which contained a lot of high quality shops. To get to the tourist attractions in the centre of paris it took about 25 minutes by metro.

When I return to Paris I will have no hesitation in staying at the Hilton La Defense.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear sospangar,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service was to your expectations.

Following your interrogation regarding the corridor in front of the window, this is actually a security gateway accessible by CNIT maintenance technicians and firemen in case of an emergency.

Thank you again for staying with us sospangar and I hope to welcome you back soon in our property.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights after New Year. We found the staff to be friendly and willing to
Help. The room very clean, good bed, large bathroom (although small shower). Good access to Metro, shops
and restaurants. Deserves 4 star rating.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nick L,

I want to thank you for taking the time to complete an on-line guest survey following your recent visit to our property. All guest feedback is extremely important to us and we appreciate your participation.

Nick L, we look forward to welcoming you back soon in our property.

Yours sincerely,

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Had a great trip! Stay there for 8 nights on vacation with my wife. First time overseas and having a modern Hilton hotel was nice. Hotel staff was great! Warm front desk staff and they spoke both English and French. We even had them bring up plates and silverware to have a French picnic in the room after a long day of sightseeing. There are some nice little food shops around the CNIT and Metro areas, and a few bottles of French wine made it nice. I would recommend a stay here if you are in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Brian I,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to read that you took pleasure being with us for your first stay overseas.

We always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and it appears that our hotel and service fully met your expectations.

Dear Brian I, all team look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay in France

Yours sincerely,

gerald.vanreck@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!