“Comfiest Bed Ever” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
England
“Comfiest Bed Ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great service, very helpful with advising us etc. got upgraded to a superior room. Only thing was where we got there late (10pm) there's were no welcome pastries for us, lol.

Bed was soooo comfy. They were 2 beds put together but with a great mattress topper so we couldn't even tell. Pillows were like clouds. Very quiet hotel and we slept wonderfully. The room was lovely but we were only provided with one bottle of water between us and the shower was not very strong. Fab Hermes products!

Very conveniently located. 2 min walk from esplanade de la defense metro station and 7-8 minute walk to La Defense RER station and Le Quatre Temps shopping centre and the Grande Arche.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Albert M, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Paris la Défense and the Mybed Concept by Sofitel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback like yours.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed here in January 2014 because my company office is nearby. For tourist activities and traditional Parisian charm, this hotel is lacking. However, I thought it was excellent for my purposes. The turn down service is lovely - they leave you chocolates and turn on some soft jazz for when you return. The room was large and exceptionally comfortable. My only complaint is that breakfast is not included and is rather expensive. Luckily, there is a Starbucks near by. All in all, I thought the service was great and the rooms were comfortable, so I would recommend it highly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Madame,

Thank you so much for choosing the Sofitel Paris la Défense for your last Parisian visit and for writing such a positive review following your stay with us.

We are delighted that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed our property, the different amenities we offer and our location.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon; It will definitely be our pleasure to have another opportunity to show you the gracious hospitality and superb service for which we are known throughout the world.

Toulon, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

The first impression of this hotel is not good - the doormen and doorwoman not friendly at all and looked mildly inconvenienced by my arrival which I found rather disconcerting to put it mildly.

Then to the front desk. "Frosty" might be the word I would use - and in comparison with other Sofitel front desks in France, UK and elsewhere, I would judge their performance and interaction to be cold and not that effective. My loyalty card was noted, upgrade not given (despite them saying they were not that busy) and I had to ask for a free drink voucher, which I normally never do. There was a sigh, and it was produced without a smile. A bad day in the ranch? I don't think so, as others have commented on this aspect.

Rooms are good of course. "My bed" is super comfy and as I had a luxury room (booked) and for Paris, it is quite spacious. Free broadband. Nothing to complain about here.

Then to food. Extortionate prices for frankly, rubbish. Cold service to match the cold-ish food and glacially slow production of food. Advice - hop on the Metro, one stop or two. Get off somewhere along Charles de Gaulle as I did and find a little bistro. I had amazing aligot potatoes and sausages with red wine, cheese and great coffee for the price of a crap main course in the hotel.

I have sampled many hotels in la Defense thanks to my work. The Sofitel's rooms are super. The rest of it - namely service standards and personnel attitude fail to meet the mark.
And it needs sorting. Matthieu Gaujard the GM must surely know that there are major service issues even though there are compensatory facets - such as the rooms and general ambiance.

Another Accor property in la Defense, for me, is much better - the Pullman...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

In my opinion pound for pound this is a good hotel to stay in paris and good value for money compared to some others i've seen and basically turned back,so if you want a decent 5star hotel of value this is it for me.
Yes it's not four seasons hotel on George V(which i have stayed in before) nor is it off the champs elysees or near Arc de Triomphe but seriously these places of interest are only a short metro ride away

Room Tip: Well we stayed in the Junior Suite spacious nice big windows it's as expected
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Matthieu G, Directeur général at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are touched by your enthusiastic review.

We are humbled by your comments about our attentive team, our location and the service we offer.

We consider our entire team as our greatest asset and their dedication towards extending a highly personalised and exceptional service is what makes any experience at Sofitel Paris La Défense a special one.

We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Warm regards
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

It was really easy to get to - just 20 minutes on Line 1 (the yellow one) to l'Esplanade la Defense. Come out of Exit 2, go into the plaza, and follow the pedestrian signs to Sofitel. It was literally a five minute walk.
It was a Saturday night so everything was dead. It was quite eerie really, and I wouldn't have fancied arriving there late at night. It would certainly have been a shock if we had expected to be able to eat out in the nearby area.
The staff on reception were charming and polite. We were given a superior room, which was nice. After an hour or so we realised we had a problem with the heating in the room as it was just getting colder, and someone was quickly sent to have a look. When it was confirmed that the heating wasn't working properly, we were swiftly offered a change of room, and we were pleased that this involved an upgrade to a luxury room, which had the added bonus of a bathtub in the bathroom.
The toiletries were nice. The addition of a window from the bedroom into the bathroom was just odd (I didn't really need my partner to see me on the loo!) so we just kept that frosted over. The hot water in both the bath and the shower never got as hot as I would like it, but it was fine.
We were pleased to be able to watch BBC1 and BBC2 on the tv.
The bed was the comfiest bed I think we have ever slept in, and along with the quietness outside and in the hotel, and the darkness from the thick curtains, meant that we slept in quite late the next morning which felt very luxurious.
It was a shame that the hotel breakfast was so expensive (it was offered to us at 22E per person), as it would have been nice to sample it. But there was no way we were going to pay that amount. Similarly we didn't even open the mini-bar, and were frightened to touch the water in the room in case we got charged for it (a small bottle of water was listed for sale at 7E!)
I'm very well aware that this hotel is aimed at business travellers who charge everything to their company expenses, but it's a shame that leisure travellers can't get a better deal on food and drink at weekends when the place is virtually empty anyway. If our rate had included breakfast we would happily have given a five-star review. Also, little things like extras in the tea-making area with sachets of hot chocolate, some little biscuits etc would have made things feel a bit more special.
I have been fortunate to stay in a 5* hotel in London when I won a competition prize, and I would not say that this was close to the same level of luxury. However, the room was comfortable, clean, well equipped and we found all the staff to be polite, pleasant and friendly. We found the location to be excellent for our needs.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Matthieu G, Directeur général at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this review, May 22, 2014

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

SOFITEL LA DEFENSE is a must if your are looking for some where really good to stay and for its bigger than normal rooms compared to central paris. The hotel was really first class, Our Classic room had reminiscence of King George V hotel with its luxurious blue tones. The service was really great very hospitable and catered for our needs at all times.

The one downside is that food and drink are extortionate here a botlle of water was 7.5 euro and cereal was 12.5 euro. My advice is to avoid and grab some supplements from Quatre le Temps which is a short stroll in la defense.

The hotel was not far from Champ de Elysee and very close to other points of interest by metro. For its location, it for me is one of the best. I will definitely be returning here because of its extreme comfort and for its very good price.

Room Tip: Rooms are facing office buildings but don't let that faze you. the rooms are extremely comfortab...
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Sofitel Paris La Défense. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights during New Years. It's not in the centre of Paris for all the touristy bits but metro is across the path and takes 10-15 mins to get to the centre. Rooms are perfect nice and spacious with good bathrooms. Only downside is the bar and restaurant is very over priced, food was nice though. Staff were excellent and really friendly, especially the guy usually on the bar.

• Stayed December 2013

Been to Sofitel Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!