Stayed at the Sofitel La Defense for 3 nights in the beginning of May. This is a lovely hotel and I didn't find anything to fault.
The rooms are spacious, with window that opens. The area is quiet - no street noise. Lovely, large bed - the most comfortable bed I have ever slept it! All in all, great sleeping quality. The bathroom is also great - with the rain shower and the bath products from Hermes (bar of soap, body shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner!). Both the room and the bathroom were cleaned well. There was also a complementary bottle of water left in the room every time the room was cleaned, and again with the turn-down service at night.
The tv has a large number of different channels in different languages.
Hotel staff are very friendly.
We had breakfast one of the mornings - on Saturday, and it seemed to be a cheaper rate than what was listen for breakfast during the week (19 eur instead of 27 eur). The breakfast is definitely worth the money - a large selection and all very very fresh (fresh fruit juices, croissants, danishes, pain au chocolate, yogurt, cereal, sausages, eggs, bacon, potatoes, pancakes, fresh fruit, meats and cheese, etc). The breakfast staff were also very friendly and attentive.
The hotel may not be in the centre of Paris, but that really isn't an issue - you are a 3 min walk away from metro station 'Esplanade de la Defense' which is serviced by metro line 1 (the metro line that goes under the champs elysee, past the louvre and also stops in the Marais neighborhood).
Take the metro one stop further to the La Defense stop and you connect to the RER line that takes you to Disneyland.
Also at the La Defense metro stop (or a 10 min walk from the hotel) is a HUGE shopping mall with clothing stores, a lot of food options and a very large Auchan supermarket.
I would certainly stay here again - as the quality and value for money is great!
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Paris La Defense Hotel
- Sofitel Paris La Defense Hotel La Defense
- Accor Paris La Defense
- Sofitel Paris
- Paris Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Paris as never before through a marvelous mix of modern art, vibrant business, and exciting tourism. Nestled among soaring skyscrapers, Sofitel Paris La Defense offers inimitable French style and five-star luxury with a distinctly 21st century slant. Modern design, luscious shades of browns and reds, and an inviting atmosphere mean a refined Parisian adventure infused with the contemporary energy of la Defense. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Priceline, Splendia, Tingo, Agoda, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Sofitel Paris La Defense reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.