From arrival to check our stay at Rockliffe was superb. We stayed in a junior suite and when we got into our room there was a birthday card and petis four waiting for me, a lovely subtle touch! It was faultless. Huge bed, lovely patio looking on to the golf course. Bath tub with tv on the wall, huge shower. All facilities, iron, hairdryer, tea coffee making. The spa was lovely and relaxing although we had no actual treatments as I myself am not a big spa fan, the hydrotherapy pool and heat rooms were more than enough for me and we enjoyed a couple of hours in there. Love how the hotel is so quiet everywhere you go.
We were originally booked in the Orangery to eat but I really struggled to find anything on the menu I would eat, I am not one for trying anything that is in my opinion 'out of the norm' so pigeon, duck and pigs cheeks really didn't appeal to me and this was sorted out very politely and professionally by email in the days before our stay. The lovely lady we dealt with made a point of coming over to speak with us after we'd eaten and there was no issue at all with us changing bookings and eating in The Brasserie. Our food was served quickly and pleasantly and we enjoyed what we had. Again with discretion one of the waitresses came to us and said "I believe it's a special birthday" and gave me a lovely glass plate with Happy birthday wrote in white chocolate with fresh fruit dotted around, It was a lovely touch.
We then went down to the cocktail bar and enjoyed a few drinks. The staff were all so lovely, so friendly and most of all very approachable which made us feel at ease.
Next morning we went back into the spa for a while before going for breakfast in The Orangery. This was without a doubt the best breakfast we have ever seen, so much choice of such good food and yet again amazing staff.
Check out was smooth and we came away feeling genuinely over the moon with our stay. We will definitely be back, and although I said I'm not a big fan of spa's, the new outdoor extension due to open in Autumn really looks appealing, I may well be won over. Thank you Rockliffe for giving myself and my Husband a fantastic stay and for a classy end to my birthday celebrations!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockliffe Hall is the only five red star hotel in the North of England. Set on a magnificent 18th century estate on the banks of the River Tees, Rockliffe Hall is a destination in itself. Rockliffe Hall's world-class spa and golf course, well-equipped meeting rooms, three restaurants and sublime service ensure it is the perfect place to escape and relax, to do business, and to create memories that will linger on. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, LateRooms and Priceline so you can book your Rockliffe Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockliffe Hall Hotel Hurworth-On-Tees
- Rockliffe Hall Hurworth-On-Tees, United Kingdom - Darlington