“A truely wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rockliffe Hall

You added Rockliffe Hall to your Saves list
Rockliffe Hall
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hurworth-On-Tees | County Durham, Hurworth-on-Tees, Darlington DL2 2DU, England   |
“A truely wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We had a wonderful Easter Weekend break away at Rockcliffe Hall Hotel. Upon arrival at the hotel Concierge meet & greet you and take you to check in, they take your car keys and organise your luggage to be taken to the room and park your car up for you. We had a beautiful suite which overlooked the immaculate gardens at the rear of the hotel. The room itself was lovely, spacious and clean. Separate WC and bath/shower room with TV, dressing area and lovely spacious bedroom area with sofas and large TV. We had drinks and snacks in the Brassiere which was lovely. We dined in the Orangery Restaurant and had Chateau Briand which is a must!!!! The Rockcliffe Hall Full English Breakfasts are also very good with locally produced produce. We attended the Monte Carlo Night which was a great night. The red carpets were out, greeted by staff on arrival with champagne. The food was lovely and the entertainment great too!!! The spa facilities are probably one the best I've seen in the UK at a spa hotel. The spa treatments were fabulous I would recommend that you book in advance if you want treatments to avoid disappointment. This hotel is 5 Star, and it is crystal clear that the staff love their jobs and provide a first class service with a smile. They go above and beyond to make sure your stay is perfect in every way. I cannot wait for another weekend away.

Room Tip: 114 great location .... ideally located on ground floor looking out onto the gardens easily accessib...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Retford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This hotel is 5 star so not cheap, rooms are very nice and spacious and come with everything including a tv you can watch while sitting in the bath if you like that sort of thing.
The staff where very nice, although felt like it was rehearsed, my wife tried to book the spa but was told fully booked, maybe next time, so no preferential treatment for hotel guests, so overall a big disappointment, will not be staying their again .

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had a wonderful Easter break at Rockcliffe hall. We attended the Monte Carlo Ball, it was fabulous. Great food, roulette, Grand Prix simulators, disco etc. The hotel is luxurious, service is exemplary, lovely view from our room balcony. Only thing we could complain about was the white wine was warm and not especially good, but expensive.
The meal at the ball was the best we've had at an event, the breakfast was the best we've tasted at a hotel. All the staff we met were very helpful and welcoming, again the best we have experienced.
We can't wait to go back. It was a perfect weekend!

Room Tip: Rooms in the new wing were wonderful.
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Sunday night stay 20/04/2014 checked in had a warp in the Baresserie restaurant at Rokcliff Hall, There was a wedding reception at the same time.
It meant to be a break from work and our little boy who keeps us awake most nights,long story short after using the Spa which was a pretty good time that I and fiance spent by ourselves in peace had a plan to go to club house for dinner I had roast chiken and burnt cream desert was nice and tasty but unfortunately at 5 am started having painful stomach and diarrhoea then ubviously scared of eating anything else untill Breakfast time, 9:30 went to eat something at the Orengery which is the usual place for breakfast and had a lovely breakfast but it is about 8:30 pm that I am still fighting my stomach ache!!!
I found this very disterbing by the way that the break meant to be a relaxing time and getting some sleep some nice food good stay

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My friend and I visited on Thursday 17th April for a Twilight Spa and it was absolutely wonderful. It was our third visit and I can honestly say it is the best Spa I have ever visited (and believe me, I’ve been to quite a few!).

We were greeted on arrival by a friendly member of staff and seated ready for our arrival drinks. After our drinks, a member of spa staff escorted us through to the changing rooms, and explained everything fully. We were given robes and slippers and there are plenty of towels and complimentary toiletries available.

The facilities are amazing, especially love the hydrotherapy pool. Plenty of space and loungers around the area for relaxing.

Following our Spa, we had a 2 course meal in the Brasserie which was delicious. Relaxed dining, quality food and impeccable staff.

I would highly recommend a visit to Rockliffe Hall and I will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

This is the 1st poor review I've written but I was very disappointed by Rockliffe Hall's Spa service.
I don't generally go to Spa's but booked Rockliffe for the day for a friend's 40th. I asked for guidance when booking treatments stating what we wanted to avoid & was recommended a package onto which I added a luxury manicure for us both.
We arrived on the morning & were left in the pool area with no instruction as to where we needed to go for our treatment. Great if you know the place well but I had explained we didn't.
The 1st recommended treatment included the 2 things I'd requested we avoid...
We then went onto our luxury manicure which was rushed with products the therapists were unfamiliar with and the end result was completely flawed with varnish peeling off over lunch.
It's also worth mentioning that I have emailed the hotel twice but they have not responded.
Really poor 3* service!

Stayed February 2014
North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stayed at Rockcliffe and were not disappointed, all you should expect from a 5 star hotel, excellent service, the room was luxurious and immaculate, the spa is the best spa I have visited and the food caters for all tastes with its, two restaurants. We ate in the orangery in the evening and the food was excellent, I am gluten free and the chef even came out to talk to me about what I would like to eat rather than just what I could eat from the menu. We were concerned that the hotel would be pretentious but the staff the were warm welcoming and certainly very efficient.

This hotel delivers what a lot of 5 star hotels talk about but sadly don't do.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Rockliffe Hall? Share your experiences!