Stayed one night in a Tiplady room. The room was lovely but after we'd been in it for about half an hour the lights went off. We reported it to reception and our room was changed without any fuss within five minutes.
We purchased spa passes for the day at £30 each, arrived at 10.30am and had a lovely day in the spa then lunch at the Brasserie. Lunch was nice although I'd suggest that a five star hotel shouldn't run out of several choices by 1.30pm so the menu was limited. We had dinner at the clubhouse which is a short walk from the hotel. The was a lot of snow around but the hotel offered a car to take us there and picked us up when we were ready. Dinner was very nice, the menu is good value however we were overcharged for a bottle of wine, £38 instead of £25, this was rectifed when we pointed it out.
Had a cocktail in the bar after dinner, a little prcey but the surroundings and serivce made it worth the price.
Next morning on the way to the bathroom I stood on a shard of glass which must have been dropped by a previous guest. My foot had a tiny cut and did bleed for a while but I reported the incident to reception and took them the offending piece of glass and they were very apologetic and completed an accident report form.
Breakfast was in the Orangery and was really good. Lovely ingredients and hot coffee, couldn't fault it.
All in all a very enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockliffe Hall is the only five red star hotel in the North of England. Set on a magnificent 18th century estate on the banks of the River Tees, Rockliffe Hall is a destination in itself. Rockliffe Hall's world-class spa and golf course, well-equipped meeting rooms, three restaurants and sublime service ensure it is the perfect place to escape and relax, to do business, and to create memories that will linger on. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Rockliffe Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockliffe Hall Hotel Hurworth-On-Tees
- Rockliffe Hall Hurworth-On-Tees, United Kingdom - Darlington