Rockliffe Hall provided a superb venue for an overnight stay to celebrate a family birthday. The room was lovely and superbly equipped although slightly hot with no obvious way of cooling it down. Dining in the Orangerie restaurant was a delight with a superb three course meal for dinner available for a £20 supplement on the basic rate. It was well worth the extra. The food was beautiful and the service excellent yet unobtrusive, The Spa is lovely although treatments are very expensive. Golf is also very good with a new, long course that has yet to settle down fully and a superb clubhouse where you can get well fed and watered and keep your golf spikes on!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockliffe Hall is the only five red star hotel in the North of England. Set on a magnificent 18th century estate on the banks of the River Tees, Rockliffe Hall is a destination in itself. Rockliffe Hall's world-class spa and golf course, well-equipped meeting rooms, three restaurants and sublime service ensure it is the perfect place to escape and relax, to do business, and to create memories that will linger on. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Rockliffe Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockliffe Hall Hotel Hurworth-On-Tees
- Rockliffe Hall Hurworth-On-Tees, United Kingdom - Darlington