“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Staverton
London
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed here after a wedding - impressed by the warm and cheery welcome despite checking in after midnight. Very good value - £79 for dinner (incl a bottle of wine), bed and breakfast, though we obviously arrived too late for dinner. Breakfast was nothing to write home about - a good array but the cooked items were a little tired. Efficiently run though - no long queues for anything.

The room was functional but fine - if a little dusty. A hard mattress but reasonably comfortable otherwise. It's quite a rabbit's warren of a hotel but well enough signposted.

I wouldn't rush back here on a leisure break but it suited us perfectly for our purpose, and all the staff we encountered were smiley and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Alan W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review following your recent experience with us at Staverton Park. I am thrilled to hear that you received and warm and cheery welcome from our Reception staff and that your later arrival was dealt with as much grace and assistance as any of our other guests. I am so pleased to hear that you found one of our fantastic offers online and that you found your stay and inclusive diner and wine such good value. I am glad that you found our Breakfast buffet to be efficiently run and thank you for your constructive comments in relation to the quality of the hot food. I will certainly reiterate these valid points to our Head Chef to investigate. I am pleased that you enjoyed a comfortable nights’ sleep and that you found our venue to be well sign posted. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Alan Whiteley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Hertfordshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

A business trip so ate with a large group in the Golf house - not particularly special food. Usual dried out food due to the no.s catered for, braised beef, mash, carrot and broccoli. However clean rooms, nice size rooms, shower good, generous breakfast - shuts at 10am. Complimentary coffee machine in reception. Golf course not bad, certainly not one of the better ones. Easy access off M1. The bar needs air conditioning as become unbearably smelly later in the night and the outside door remained closed. Very pleasant and helpful staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Alan W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your constructive review of your recent business trip to Staverton Park. Thank you for your positive feedback in relation to our staff, I am glad that you found them all to be pleasant and helpful. I am pleased to hear that you found our venue easily and that you found your room to be large and clean. I am also glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your breakfast and your shower was just right. I am sorry to hear that you found your evening meal to be dry; I will certainly reiterate your valid comments to our Head Chef for investigation. I am glad that our complimentary tea, coffee and snack lounge was a nice surprise and am sorry to hear of your experience in our bar. I will take your comments on board and look toward and solution with our Maintenance Manager. I look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Returned on a bank holiday weekend!!! Stayed in a nice room with an ok golf course view. Room was clean. Had a lovely swim in the warm pool, unfortunately spa was too full for whole of visit! Steam room just right. Changing rooms a bit full, but ok. Wonderful coffee and bics from machine and a lovely green tea for hubby, all free. Dinner very good - starter ( buffet ) of prawns, salmon and lots of salads, fantastic! Main, lots of meat, but had a nice meal and the sweets, all 10 of them were gorgeous, cheese and biccies ended a wonderful feast. Good quiet room and comfy bed so a good nights sleep. Breakfast busy, but good choice of cereal, need more choice of fruit, not so good as recent visit. But seen as it was so busy the team did well. Overall a nice visit, going back again soon!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your positive review following your recent return to Staverton Park. I am so pleased to hear that your room and view were up to standard and that you enjoyed using our swimming pool and steam room. I am sorry that our spa was very busy and you were unable to book any treatments during your stay. I am glad that our complimentary tea, coffee and snack lounge was well received and that your evening meal went down a treat. I am pleased you enjoyed a comfortable, relaxing nights’ sleep and that your breakfast was equally as enjoyable. Thank you for your helpful suggestion in relation to the fruit. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

A large venue, but just able to cope with so many delegates. The car park is large. The evening venue for dinner was away from the main hotel in the golf clubhouse. Fortunately it was not raining when we went back to our rooms

Stayed September 2013
Thank you very much for your concise feedback following your recent business trip to Staverton Park. I am pleased that you felt our staff managed your conference well and that our extensive car park was welcomed by you. I am glad to hear that it was a nice evening when you dined in our clubhouse. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Only staying for one night but i was very impressed this hotel looks and feels modern the staff are freindly and polite showing an excellent degree of customer service through out, great atmosphere throughout the whole place. The rooms are modern clean and very comfortable. The food is excellent i was very pleased with both dinner and breakfastwould highly recommend this hotel and venue to anyone be it staying on buisness or as a family break a job well done guys thank you.,

Room Tip: This hotel has a lot of rooms some you may have a bit of a walk too so if you struggle with getting...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that the atmosphere and high level of customer service we offer has impressed you enough to recommend our venue to friends and family. I am glad that you found our hotel and our rooms to be modern, clean and comfortable. I am pleased that you enjoyed your evening meal and breakfast with us and that you felt the atmosphere in our venue was just right. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Daventry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was impressed by several things during this overnight stay:
- Checking in was carried out quickly and courteously
- I was given options for paying for any additional expenses
- Clear directions given to help me locate the room
- The room was comfortable, well decorated and well equipped
- Breakfast choices were immense, well presented and tasty
- Checking out was equally efficient and friendly

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Alan W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent short stay with us at Staverton Park. I am thrilled to hear that we managed to impress you in so many ways on your first visit to our venue. I am glad that you found both checking in and checking out to be a friendly and efficient experience and that you were well informed upon checking in on our procedures for charging to your room. I am thrilled to hear that you found your room to be comfortable, enjoyed the décor and had everything you might require for your stay. I am pleased to hear that our plentiful Breakfast buffet was well received and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay overall. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Unbelievably bad, cold and out dated rooms, with only 4 tv channels, it was like going back 10 years. Food was poor and over priced in the bar, can only imagine the only positive here would be the golf, other than that it would be leaving. Don't know how this place is still open, even golfers usually expect better than this. Needs the hotel inspector to make a visit, invite her quickly !!

Room Tip: Don't accept a room on the basement level, rooms 101- 145
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Alan W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your constructive review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and found your room to be cold and outdated. We are in the process of refurbishing all our bedrooms so I look forward to hearing your views once this has been completed. I would encourage you to call Reception with any future visits should you have any queries and our staff will be happy to assist you in any way they are able, including turning up the heating. I am terribly sorry to hear that your food was disappointing in our bar and that you found our prices too high, we always keep in line with our surrounding competitors. I will certainly investigate these matters that you have brought to light so thank you very much for your feedback.

Alan Whiteley

Been to De Vere Staverton Park Hotel? Share your experiences!