“Revisit to Staverton Park 12 months later and VERY PLEASED THAT WE DID” 5 of 5 stars
Review of De Vere Staverton Park Hotel

You added De Vere Staverton Park Hotel to your Saves list
De Vere Staverton Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Daventry Road, Staverton, Daventry NN11 6JT, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Staverton
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Revisit to Staverton Park 12 months later and VERY PLEASED THAT WE DID”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Visited Staverton Park last year with two friends for a golfing weekend and frankly it was a disaster. Having complained we were offered a curtsey 1 night stay with golf as compensation and for the manager Mr Whyte to prove that De Vere Hotels and golf clubs can offer a first class break. Have just returned almost a year to the day from original visit and boy have things changed. The food, service and staff were exceptional. We all left this year more than happy with the Hotel, Golf Food and staff. We will return!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Alan W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your complimentary review of your second stay with us at Staverton Park. I am so pleased to hear that the changes that have been made recently are so evident already. I am glad that you left us feeling relaxed and satisfied by good service, good food and having enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Alan Whiteley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Stanstead Abbotts, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

A well positioned hotel with nice surroundings wheather you play golf or not.
The hotel has spacious rooms with good decor. there is a large bar which is open late,prices of drink are about normal apart from the draft cider which was £4.95.
There is a pool in the building opposite but we did not use it unfortunately.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
I think it is mainly a business hotel during the week and a golf one at weekends but it is surrounded by beatiful countryside so certainly worth a stay.

Room Tip: rooms away from the road and on the upper floor (3rd) can be quieter
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your positive feedback in relation to your stay with us, I am so pleased to hear that Staverton Park was just the ticket for your short stay. I am glad that you found our picturesque surroundings such an asset to your visit and that you found your room spacious and well decorated. I am sorry to hear that you could not find the time to relax in our spa; perhaps next time! I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Aslackby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

For a family gathering we took 11 rooms, all were large, comfortable, and spotless.
The Hotel has great facilities, Spa, pool and a golf course if you like hitting a little white ball.
We stayed with good food, well priced wines, the spa and pool.
On the Sunday, 31 of us sat down to a very good lunch, with excellent service.
All the arrangements were made through "Leanne" who looked after our accomodation, requirements and all the meals, our thanks go out to her for all the help she was so willing to give.
This is probably the best De Vere Hotel in England, if there is a better one I would like to know about it.
Would we go again....you bet we will.

Room Tip: Lots of good deals around......take them!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us at Staverton Park. I am so pleased that you and your family had such an enjoyable break with us and that you enjoyed all the facilities we have to offer. I am glad to hear that Leanne was able to cater to all your needs and that you enjoyed your meals and our competitive pricing of wine! I am pleased that you were able to find one of our available deals and would recommend that you follow us on Twitter or go direct to our website when you next book for the best offers! I look forward to welcoming you all back for the next special occasion.

uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

It is shocking that a de vere hotel allows the local kids to take over the leisure facilities and behave in such a disrespectful way towards guests and members. The small pool is not big enough for swimming lessons - yet they corner it off - so it is really not worth swimming in the pool on these days. the noise is unbearable - dont even think about having a relax in the jacuzzi pool and you can even hear it in the sauna. The minutely small changing rooms are taken over by badly behaved (not even members) that are running around wet - screaming. They are just too small - you cannot swing a cat in there. (the cat would be scared by the kids believe me) The kids and parents have no idea about courtesy and using lockers - instead you will find (if you can get in the door) that they leave their clothes bags and possession on the benches - so even if you were brave enough to join them in such a confided space...you will not be able to sit down....and dont use the toilet - it is scary what you find after the brats have been in. The flooor is wet and slippery and you will be when you are sardined up agains them. If you are a man - dont think you wont be effected - they find their way in there too. Stay at Helidon lakes down the road - they do not open up their leisure facilities to local people for swimming lesson - they only have lessons at the weekend and for members only. Shame it could be a good hotel...........

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your constructive feedback following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I was sorry to hear that your stay was disrupted by the swimming lessons held in our leisure facilities. Unfortunately our spa is open to the public and as such all families and guests alike are welcome, I am truly sorry to hear that this had such an adverse effect on your break with us. I am glad to hear that you managed to enjoy your weekend and hope that you will come back soon.

Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I am a great De Vere Venue fan and had not been to Staverton Park before. I was not disappointed. What a wonderful setting with a super spa and golf course. So peaceful! The room was great overlooking one of the Tee's which was very entertaining!! The staff at Staverton Park are simply wonderful! They are all quite young (well everyone seems young to me these days!) but they were mature, friendly and efficient. They were very helpful and engaged with clients well. The quality of the food was exceptional. We had the menu one night and the buffet the next. I have to say that the slow roast belly pork was a triumph - well done to the Chef!
My only suggestion is that it would be nice to have an outside seating area near the hotel (you can sit on the terrace at the Golf Club) as we actually had some sunshine and it would have been nice to have somewhere to sit in it whilst waiting for my daughter to arrive! Just a thought.

Thank you once again, De Vere for a fantastic break!

Room Tip: Ask for one where you can see the greens - great fun watching the children have their golf lesson!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your positive review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am thrilled to hear that your stay was relaxing and that you enjoyed the view from your room thoroughly! I am glad that our staff were able to ensure your stay was even better by giving efficient and professional service to your throughout and that you found them engaging with all guests. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your evening meals with us and were able to try a range of our foods too. I will certainly be passing on your excellent feedback to both the chefs and waiting staff who I am sure will be thrilled. Thank you very much for your suggestion of outside seating, we are in the process of making changes to the hotel and I will certainly consider this! I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another enjoyable stay.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here in April and the staff were wonderfully accommodating to all our needs.

There were lots of us - ranging in age from 70 down to 2years and we all had a great time.

We needed a relaxed venue for a family reunion as well as a private room for a 3 course lunch and that's what we got!
It all went brilliantly and the food was excellent- both in quality and value.

A very nice and generous touch is the tea and coffee making machine (s) situated in reception. also fresh fruit and delicious biscuits. (This on top of tea and coffee making facilities in the bedrooms).

Beautiful golf course and driving range and also excellent leisure suite. The water in the pool was lovely and warm and the jacuzzi, steam room and sauna were all of excellent standard. It's a bit of a walk to get from the hotel to the leisure centre - but not really a problem and well worth it.

Either the soundproofing is excellent or the other guests were very considerate - either way it was very quiet and peaceful at night.

I just want to emphasise how great the staff were. They seem to employ thoroughly decent people with a great attitude to service. Thanks to all of them from all of us!

The only negative thing I can say is that it was a little chilly in the bedrooms - but this would probably have been addressed if I had mentioned it! (We were so busy catching up with family etc. that it slipped my mind!)

Room Tip: The room rate is incredible value. We decided to upgrade and get a larger room which had a lovely...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Alan W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am so glad your family reunion went so well and that everybody had a lovely time.

I will be sharing your comments with all the team here as we have been working hard to make improvements over the last few months. Feedback such as yours is very encouraging to everybody at the venue to see how well we are doing.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Staverton Park in the near future.

With kind regards
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Beautiful hotel just outside the city centre, spotlessly clean room with excellent selection of amenities, little touches that can so often let a place down and in a great hotel show an excellent level of care and attention. Staff were all friendly, welcoming and efficient. Breakfast was very good and Dinner, especially the lamb rack was simply stunning! Would definitely return and have already recommended to others!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am glad you had a lovely time and were able to take advantage of the facilities throughout the venue.

I will certainly be passing on yur kind comments regarding the food and the staff to the team here as it is so important and encouraging for them to see guest feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Staverton Park in the future.

With kind regards

Jemma

Been to De Vere Staverton Park Hotel? Share your experiences!