“Amazing Value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Staverton
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Amazing Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Staverton Park for 1 night whilst working in nearby Rugby.
There was nothing I could fault about my stay, great service, comfortable room and good food.
I ate in the bar area and my food was very good and decent value as far as hotels generally go. Breakfast was buffet style, plentiful and warm.
I used the leisure facilities during my stay and found them to be clean and well maintained and just as good as any other hotel I've stayed in.
I normally stay closer to centre of Rugby when in the area but this hotel will now be my preferred choice. I have already booked my next visit as the hotel offeres everything I need at excellent prices.

• Stayed March 2013
Alan W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Staverton Park. I am glad you were able to make use of the facilities during your stay, when staying over for work you don't always get the chance.

I will pass on your comments regarding the food to our kitchen team who have recently been working hard to improve the offering and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Alan Whiteley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Only Stayed one night but it was absolutely brilliant, service was brilliant, rooms were excellent. Only problems were a couple of the lights were not working but nothing major.

Rooms were well priced, breakfast lovely, nice and quiet apart from the two over exited ladies next door ;)

We will be staying there again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Alan W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Staverton Park.

I am gald you had a lovely stay with us and I look forward to welocming you back in the near future.

Stevenage, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed here for two nights (22/03/13 & 23/03/13) and found it to be a pleasant hotel, with friendly helpful staff. Nice clean rooms & breakfast was well organised with good food, despite it being busy. A few points though:
1. Signage for the room numbers could be improved - several guests (including us!) spent more than a few minutes wandering around trying to find our room!
2. Just for reference - the pool etc. are not located in the same building as the hotel, but in a separate complex perhaps 100 yards away.
3. One disappointment was some food in the bar one evening: We both had (I think) "Verve BLT in thick cut crusty Bloomer Bread", which was more like Sunblest Medium Sliced. Coupled with the side order of "triple cooked chips" for £3-50 - which was somewhat disappointing bearing in mind there were only (literally) 8 or 9 chips. Needs attending to I think.

HTH
polybear

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Staverton Park. I am gald you had a lovely stay and were able to enjoy the facilities.

I will certainly be speaking to the kitchen team regarding the bread used for your sandwiches. I apologies you did not receive the correct specification on this occasion.

I will certainly assess the rooms number signage with our maintenance team. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. things such as this are often missed by staff as we are so used to the venue and how to get around.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Staverton Park in the future.

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was looking forward to my trip for work, to the De Vere Staverton Park Hotel. I have arranged events at other De Vere hotels and they were all of a really good standard so I expected this one to be no different. Oh how wrong I was!

We'll start with my room. My advice would be to get a room in the 200's a few of my colleagues had rooms in the 200's and they were modern and rather nice looking. Myself and another colleague had our room in the 400's. Disappointingly these rooms were old and in need of updating. This in itself was not an issue as I realise that things get older as time goes on. The problem was that when I arrived after my long journey and went to use the toilet, I lifted the lid to see dried urine all over the toilet seat. There was also a greenish dried substance globbed behind the sink which looked like dried snot.

I overheard the reception tell my friend whom had arrived late that there were no other rooms, so I did not ask to switch, but reception were great and very friendly and sent house keeping to clean my room whilst I went to dinner.

It was so dissapointing because I feel that a clean room is the most basic of expectations when you go to a hotel. I can deal with things being a bit old as things age, but that is no excuse for dirt.

The food was also really dissapointing. Other De Vere's that I have been to have offered really nice food but the food at this hotel was bland not particularly well cooked. The best meal I had was the omelette I had for breakfast the morning I was leaving which was cooked quickly and to perfection.

My experience has probably been tainted by the dirty toilet, and my friends that stayed in the more modern rooms enjoyed their stay. I can only rate what I experienced and despite friendly staff I was disappointed with my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 200's which are more modern and also closer to the facilities.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your stay at Staverton Park.

I am very sorry, and shocked, that your room was not to the standard we would expect. I have spoken to the house keeping manager and I will be increasing my audits and spot checks.

Over the past few months, myself and the senior team have been working hard to improve standards all over the venue, especially around the food. We have made some great changes and improvements, butu your experience shows that we must maintain the standards at all times.

I will be using your feedback with the team to ensure consistency throughout the venue in every department.

Once again, I am sorry your stay was not satisfactory and I do hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Derbyshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Second visit to Staverton Park. Friendly and helpful staff throughout. Room clean but slightly dated.Beds really comfortable. Breakfast good quality and good value.

Restaurant good, steak excellent but baked haddock portion small. Mentioned this to staff and they were superb. Couldn't fault them and they sorted my concerns within minutes. Certainly the way to keep customers happy.

All in all an enjoyable stay.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following yor recent stay at Staverton Park.

I am glad you had a lovely stay and the team here were able to assist you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Staverton Park in the future.

Kind regards

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in March 2013 .Excellent staff and facilities.Though we booked the room at a reduced rate the rooms were first class and the special touches like free coffee, fruit and biscuits at Reception were much appreciated. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Alan W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Staverton Park.

It is always so nice to hear such positive comments, especially about the team here. I will be passing on your review to the team and thanking them for their hard work and the vast improvements we have made over the last few months.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Staverton Park in the future.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a business hotel, modern and well decorated but lacks warmth, front desk staff friendly and efficient, rooms clean and tidy.

Bars staff to busy to smile, restaurant staff to lazy to smile, food average and service slow but served in pleasant surroundings.

The Gym, take a pound for your towel, yes they charge guests for using a towel!!!!, changing rooms to small and full of kids, gym basic.

This is an okay business hotel but no more than that.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Staverton Park.

Please accept my apologies that you were unhappy with some of the team and facilities. Although we are a conference venue, we are also a leisure hotel, standards and service should remain high at all times.

I will be using your comments during our staff training sessions to show that although we have made some vast improvements, there is still work to be done.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Staverton Park in the future.

Alan Whiteley

Been to De Vere Staverton Park Hotel? Share your experiences!