“Great Bargain” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Staverton
Essex
“Great Bargain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We booked 2 rooms through Booking.com. These were at a reduction ( £29.00 per room per night). No problems got exactly what vwe had booked. Clean nice rooms next door to each other. Leisure facilities looked good and it had a golf course.

We ate in the restuarant for dinner , it was a buffet but with a good choice of hot and cold dishes.

All in all a very good place to stay for a weekend break. Not far from Strafford or Banbury or indeed anywhere in the Cotwolds.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms close to reception.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kieran W, Manager at De Vere Staverton Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thanks for your kind feedback. I'm delighted that you were able to take advantage of one of our great value rates and had an enjoyable weekend stay with good food.

Hope to see you back at Staverton soon.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Doncaster
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I appreciate at £70 this may not be one of your better rooms but I have stayed in better premier inns than what was provided in this room and really put a damper on our stay.

Right from the walk to the room I sensed that these were the cheap rooms when it is down many corridors and some stairs it felt like they were separate to the hotel. The corridors to the room weren't heated and this was reflected in the room which had an electric heater and it took all night to actually get some heat into the room and not to mention the fusty smell in the room.

The bathroom was very basic and again the heated rail took hrs to heat and was also cold. The shower over the bath is leaking from the head and although it gives off a good pressure it is probably to much for the screen on the bath as more water ended up on the floor than draining away down the bath.

When looking at the rooms online you see nice big beds this was a double at best and a very bad mattress the pillows provided felt like they were tesco value rather than anything of really quality and really affected what sleep I actually got.

All in all it doesn't make me want come back in a hurry.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Many thanks for your feedback from your recent visit to Staverton Park. I was most dissappointed to hear your comments regarding your bedroom. We do have a small number of our 247 bedrooms outstanding on our refurbishment plan and hope to have all of our bedrooms up to the same high standard in the very near future. I do apologise if this impacted on the enjoyment and comfort of your stay. I do hope that we can welcome you back to Staverton soon when I am sure that you will have an experience to match your expectations from your first visit.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed here in September 2012 whilst I was cycling and running from John O' Groats to Lands End with the RAF. I could not have asked for anything more, the rooms felt luxury, the food was a fantastic carvery and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. In the dinning room I felt that the staff were really going the extra mile. It may have been because they knew we were doing a charity event and were in a lot of pain, therefore they wanted to help us out. I appreciate it and if I am in the area I will stay again.

The only downside was that phone reception is weak, but that is out with the hotels control and there is WiFi available.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Many thanks for your feedback and congratulations on your epic ahievements for charity! We hope to welcome you back soon and would be delighted to support in any way we can with any future challenges you may have planned!

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed for 1 night whilst attending a meeting at the hotel. The room was clean, bed comfy and had decent decor but there was no mobile phone reception! Luckily, the offered free wi-fi as compensation which meant iMessage worked so I could keep in touch with people. Shower was a disaster though. Either boiling hot or freezing cold and nothing in between despite 5 minutes of trying with a bath plug hole not draining terribly well. Others had similar experiences in their rooms too. Food was average and nothing spectacular, but the bar was well stocked. Overall, seems a decent hotel but I couldn't help but feel the hotel was geared towards golf and meetings.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Many thanks for your feedback. I was disappointed to hear of the unfortunate issues you experienced with your bathroom and will follow this up with our Maintenance Manager; I do apologise for any inconvenience this caused you. I am glad that overall your experience was good and do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Staverton in the future.

Thanks again,

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Must admit I was put off before I came to Staverton by the previous reviews on here-- was especially worried as my new department tends to send its employees here for conference and training regularly. I was so pleasantly surprised! The rooms were lovely and reasonably well-appointed-- comfy bed, flat screen TV, and so on (the channel selection could be improved but with free wi fi, you don't really need TV anyway!)

Food was excellent, and, I felt, good value for money. Three courses of unlimited size from the buffet for only 20 pounds, and everything I tried was delicious. The chefs and servers are very helpful so if you want anything special, it seemed easy to just ask.

I didn't try much of the golf, but I enjoyed the driving range and the swimming pool. The pool is a bit on the small side, but pretty quiet most of the time, and it's easy to find space to swim laps in the evenings without bumping into too many people (at least during the week!)

Bar is a little expensive, but not dissimilar to other hotel bars in that respect.

Throughout I found all the staff to be pleasant and welcoming, and I really enjoyed my stay. Can't believe I went from dreading this week to looking forward to my next business trip here!

Kids will be bored, and I wouldn't come here as an adult on holiday if you're not a golf enthusiast, but as a conference venue, it's fantastic.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Many thanks for yur kind comments regarding your recnt stay at Staverton Park. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your dining experience i our Steam, Bake and Grill restaurant and found all staff to be pleasant and welcoming, I will certainly share your feedback with the team.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Staverton in the near future.

Caerphilly, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have now stayed twice in thr last seven days both times via late rooms .The food in the bar is excellent with good service and nice prices as obly ten minutes from the office could very well be a regular stop.

• Stayed October 2012
Thanks for the feedback. Really glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our bar food and service! We do indeed hope that this does become a regular stop for you and look forward to welcoming you back.

Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was our 2nd visit, it was very clean, modern, good sized bedrooms with all the facilities one required. The evening meal was excellent it was very good value for money. The reception staff were all very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was of a very high standard with plenty of choice, I felt that some of the waiting on staff perhaps needed extra training as they were not very enthusiastic when it came to the clearing of plates etc.A very courteous touch was the unlimited free tea, coffee and biscuits in the reception area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Kieran W, Manager at De Vere Staverton Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent second visit to Staverton Park. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I am delighted that you found our reception staff so pleasant and helpful. We will do some refresher training with our weekend breakfast staff to ensure that we replicate the level of service you enjoyed for your evening meal throughout the dining experience in our Steam Bake & Grill restaurant.

We hope to see you at Staveton Park again soon!

Thanks,

Operations Manager

Been to De Vere Staverton Park Hotel? Share your experiences!