A smashing resort (and I've been to a few) with lots of single story bungalows spread around vast gardens of flowering shrubs and trees. It's about as far from the airport as you can get so be prepared for a 90 minute scenic transfer.
The staff were really helpful and friendly, whether they be restaurant, pool, activities, cleaners or front of house.
The restaurants, all 4 of them, do a great variety of food with a good mix of meat, fish, vegetables and salad. The Cafe Asia in particular was excellent. In 10 days at the resort I was never left thnking that I was getting the same thing twice either.
Watersports are available most of the time, unless the wind is too strong. Staff were casual yet efficient about safety and hire periods so everything went smoothly.
Evening entertainment is all based around the Piton lounge which is mostly inside but open to the pool area. There was a wide variety from Reggae and Creole evenings to big screen coverage of Superbowl (with 2 ex-stars on hand to sign autographs).
The pools were all good, from the seafront ones right through to the hidden one by Cafe Asia (dead quiet!). Avoid the pool by the gym and raquet club as it's not really used, but the tennis courts looked really good.
We were there when a group of about 50 were there for a wedding. a shame really as many of them appeared quite brash and expecting everything to be polished perfect, which you just don't get at beach resorts unless you pay fantastic amounts of money. People who want every bit of sand swept from the pool area by the beach are asking a bit too much in my view.
I loved the food, the staff, the location, the room, the tours we did...I can't actually find anything I didn't like.
Well done to all at Smnuggler's Cove.
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers Cove Hotel Cap Estate
- Smugglers Cove Hotel
- Smugglers Cove Resort And Spa
- Almond Smugglers Cove Castries
- Almond Smugglers Cove
- Almond Smugglers Cove Hotel
- Smugglers Cove Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Cap Estate
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, BookIt.com, Otel, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Smugglers Cove Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.