After reading mixed reviews, I arrived at Smugglers Cove with an open mind. I was wrong. On our last night here & I can't wait to leave!!!
This place is literally falling apart. Reno'd pool areas & granite countertops - that's it. It smells like sewage at the Pitons Bar - enough to make your stomach turn. Only a couple of blocks of rooms are reno'd, the rest are a min of 30 yrs of age. AC leaks, toilets flush after 3 tries & there is NO bottled water in any of your rooms. The water pressure is also poor in the shower. You will find a crusty looking mini-fridge with NOTHING in it.
Site seeing, Weather & beach: Beautiful. Paradise. St. Lucia is a gem.
Staff: either really friendly or so frustrating to deal with. Staff need to be sent to training on client service. They are not equal in friendliness nor all a true representation of the facility they work for.
Our room: NOT as advertised by Transit Holidays. What you see is not what you get. They have falsely advertised even their standard rooms. We also inquired with the manager on site, several times about the quality of rooms advertised v. the unappealing, & still haven't received a response. Our door unlocked in the middle of the night & unknowingly we were sleeping with our door wide open!!! I also paid extra to get this room. It's been insulting.
Food: it's all right. The buffet has no presentation factor but you will eat just fine. The restaurants are all right. You will eat too, but you will not get a smile & if you request something out of their lazy boundaries, certain staff servers will cut you curve eye - children too!
The resort has cockroaches in the main lobby. They also have dozens of cats on board to keep mice & rats away. The cats also use the beach as their washroom & kitty litter box - especially the volleyball court.
The beach vendors are sharks just like any, so buyer beware.
Overall, you get what you pay for. I paid quite a bit for all my inconveniences, apparently I didn't pay enough.
Smugglers Cove has in the interim exchanged ownership so you will be living in Smugglers purgatory whilst they figure their bottoms from their elbows.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Smugglers Cove Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers Cove Resort And Spa
- Smugglers Cove Hotel Cap Estate
- Almond Smugglers Cove Castries
- Smugglers Cove Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Cap Estate