This resort is at the north end of the island (gets the least rain) making it about one and a half hours from Hewonnara Airport. The resort has cottages of up to six suites or rooms spread over a large area. If you google this resort, you'll find a site map that shows five groupings/levels of rooms.The septic tank for the resort is situated just south of the nursery and the overflow or drainage trench runs east in front of cottages #60, #61 and #62. This could be a problem when the resort is fully occupied. We were a family group renting four suites/rooms in a six unit cottage just after New Years, so the resort was only 60-70% occupied. We had no problems with getting timely drinks or service but I could see how this would be a problem during peak season. The hotel did not give us the upgraded rooms we paid for and did not reply to e-mail enquiries prior to our arrival. This shows a lack of customer service from the front office. What we got were units thirty years old in dire need of refurbishing. Water saving bathroom fixtures were pointless, since you need to let the tap run 5-10 mins to get hot water. The temp control in our unit was hard to operate but service was quick when we had a leaking air conditioner. The safe can handle an i-pad but no laptop bigger than 11.75X8X.75 inches. The TV plug is 110 volt for charging purposes & all other outlets are 220v. The only redeeming value of the place was the layout of pools, buffet and office at the beach. Young families will appreciate how things are close together there. Take water shoes for the rocks once you're in the water. Snorkeling revealed little coral or sponge but I counted at least half a dozen species of fish on my first outing. I would only recommend this resort to young families who don't have a lot to spend. Looks like the owner/banker skimmed off the profits for many years, without re-investing in the place. Take insect repellent to ward off sand flies during the later afternoon and mosquitos that carry the annoying chikungunya virus.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Regatta Hotels, BookIt.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Smugglers Cove Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers Cove Hotel Cap Estate
- Smugglers Cove Resort And Spa
- Almond Smugglers Cove Castries
- Smugglers Cove Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Cap Estate