I was a bit concerned reading some of the reviews of this hotel before travelling. And I really cant see where any of the bad reviews came from. Maybe we were lucky with our room, the food, the service and everything.......
The room we stayed in was spotlessly clean (earlybird standard room), the bathroom was also spotlessly clean (definitely not luxurious) but for the amount of time we spent in there it was totally fine.
I thought the bed was extremely comfortable with very good bedding and the high ceilings made the room feel huge. ( and excellent air con)
The food was always very good with lots of options, the cove restaurant doesnt look very eye catching at first but the choice and standard of food was very good.
The gardens at this property are nothing short of spectacular, the work that goes into the grounds is a credit to the gardening staff and the hotel.
The a la carte restaurants were all also very good and we had great meals/service in them all.
Above all else the staff at Smugglers Cove were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble always with a smile and always very professional and always a 'good morning' As a same sex couple we were a bit apprehensive about staff and general attitude towards us...this was not an issue at all.
Where this hotel is situated in Cap Estate is in the very northern tip of St Lucia and the waters here are Atlantic not Caribbean, this was probably the only downside to the hotel/beach as the water sometimes churned up and wasnt the clear blue that you would get on the Caribbean Sea coast and wasnt always the best for swimming.
I would absolutely return to Smugglers Cove in a flash. Well Done and thank you for a great holiday.
(We travelled 14th-19th July 2013)
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers Cove Hotel Cap Estate
- Smugglers Cove Hotel
- Smugglers Cove Resort And Spa
- Almond Smugglers Cove Castries
- Almond Smugglers Cove
- Almond Smugglers Cove Hotel
- Smugglers Cove Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Cap Estate
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Smugglers Cove Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.