This resort left me baffled with my thoughts.My wife and I went for a week of relaxation and that was accomplished in spades.We read the reviews before we went,so we knew to bring our own mugs and extras for ice water.We expected the bathroom to be sub par and it was worse than we thought.I've been in cheap motels with better bathrooms.If you dropped a cloth on the floor it was covered in ants in no time,but at least they stayed in the bathroom.
The room itself was nice and clean and the bed was large and comfortable.We did have a fridge so we always had cold water.The TV was good and even had canadian channels.However the first morning I woke up with moquito bites so the rest of the week I wore a coating off bug spray to bed.
We ate mainly at the buffet and found it to be very good,but there wasn't as much of a selection as other resorts we have been to.We noticed that the staff rarely smiled and did not seem happy.We left sizable tips the first couple of days to let them know we appreciated their efforts and they never smiled or said thanks.We got the exact same response when we left nothing.So thats what they got the rest if the week.
The bars were short staffed most of the time,so I was glad that we brought our own 50 oz mugs.We found the bartenders to be not any more sociable than the waitresses Wether tipping or not,we were treated the same.The only person who acknowledged a tip was our maid,so she kept getting one.
The resort has beautiful views from the beach and pools and the grounds are well maintained.
The wi fi worked well and the entertainment was ok.
All things considered,the good was very good and the bad was bad ,but we left the island feeling very good and refreshed and thats the main reason we give it three stars.It did help that we paid only $940 each from toronto taxes included.If I had paid full price,I probably would not be in a mood to give this place 3 stars.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Smugglers Cove Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers Cove Hotel Cap Estate
- Smugglers Cove Resort And Spa
- Almond Smugglers Cove Castries
- Smugglers Cove Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Cap Estate