After booking this trip I read some reviews on here and wondered if we'd made a mistake. Thankfully we hadn't. Smuggler's Cove is a fantastic place.
It's true that there are some tired areas of the resort with some areas in need of slight repair, however, the resort was clean, tidy and being constantly maintained (painting most days). It was a very beautiful place, and was no hardship to stay there!
We had a garden room and awoke one morning to slight ant infestation in the bathroom. This was sorted by the maid (with no action on our part) and we had no further problem. The bathroom was tired, but it was clean and in good working order. I've stayed in far less pleasant but newer rooms elsewhere.
I read about people complaining about the attitude of some staff, I found that if you were polite to them then they were extremely polite to you. I also noticed that when people walk up to the bar and bark their orders at the staff, that unsurprisingly, they were less polite back. The guide books say that St Lucian's are a polite people and that pleasantries should be used in general conversation. If you do this then the staff will be great. Sometimes the bars get busy, but you can always try walking to one of the others (something I often did).
The entertainments team were excellent and worked through the day to provide activities for most people.
People travelling alone should be aware that a single traveller we met had trouble booking in to the restaurants. As a couple we didn't have this. Found the range and quality of the food to be fantastic.
Ultimately, I was amazed by some of the complaining whilst we were there. Some people moaned when it rained! That's really the fault of the staff... If you are content to make the most of a pretty decent resort then you will have a great time. If you want to find fault, then you will, but is it really worth looking for trouble when you can just look around at the paradise surrounding you?
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Smugglers Cove Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers Cove Hotel Cap Estate
- Smugglers Cove Resort And Spa
- Almond Smugglers Cove Castries
- Smugglers Cove Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Cap Estate