My mother, sister and I went to the resort in September and had a really lovely time. Contrary to some reviews on here, we found the staff very nice and friendly (especially Omany, Jennifer, Rose and Jahan, among others whose names I am not sure of!). In fact it was my mother's birthday while we were away and they made up a special table for her and a birthday cake, which she was delighted with. It was her second time at the resort, her first having been with my father who died in February.
I saw more instances of rudeness from customers than from staff.
The food was incredible, especially La Trattoria, the Italian restaurant. Our room was great but in truth we didn't spend a lot of time in there because there are things to do and pools to lay by all day!
I've noticed that a lot of people seem to have been surprised by the fact that the sand is dark....there's a volcano on the island, so I'm not sure what they expected. Other beaches on the island, with white sand, have largely been man-made. The beach is small but long and perfectly fine.
This is not a 5* resort, but it is a really lovely place, the gardens are beautiful (look out for hummingbirds) and there's loads to do. I do wish I had gotten out more and explored more of the island (there's a street party every Friday night that I wish I had gone to!).
I would really recommend this resort if you are looking for a relaxing pool-side holiday with a few great day trips, lovely people and a friendly atmosphere.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Regatta Hotels, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Smugglers Cove Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers Cove Hotel Cap Estate
- Smugglers Cove Resort And Spa
- Almond Smugglers Cove Castries
- Smugglers Cove Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Cap Estate