“Stunning views and amazing hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cap Maison

You added Cap Maison to your Saves list
Cap Maison
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Smugglers Cove Dr, Cap Estate, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cap Estate
London, United Kingdom
“Stunning views and amazing hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

Cap Maison is a very special place. The hotel is first class, with very friendly and efficient staff. The food at the Cliff restaurant is excellent and the setting is second to none. You can never get tired of looking at the view from The Cliff over the ocean; the sunsets are spectacular. The hotel benefits from a private beach called smugglers cove which is great for a relaxing swim in the sea and/or a 'sundowner' drink at the beach bar. We played golf on three of the days at the St Lucia Golf Club, a very good course, ideally located just 5 mins from Cap Maison. It was my first visit to St Lucia and I will definitely be returning to Cap Maison.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

My wife and I had gotten married at Cap Masion on 10-10-10 and we had the MOST wonderful experience with it. The location was truly breathtaking and the staff were perfect, went above an beyond, WAY ABOVE. Located on a cliff with amazing views and incredible sunsets you couldn't ask for more. The grounds were kept very tidy and the friendly staff were very attentive. The food at the Clif restaurant was just heaven, we had a hard time choosing the menu items that we wanted to try. Too much good food and not enough time to try them all. The chef gets 5 stars from us without a second thought. I'm having a hard time trying to put into words how everyone that was a part of our experience made our wedding everything that we wanted and more. We even went back for our 1 week anniversary just because we loved it so much. I've already planned on us going back for our 1 year anniversary.

I would DEFINITELY recommend anyone that is wanting to get married on St. Lucia that Cap Masion is the only place you should do it. The pictures will turn out better than you can imagine from all the amazing views around the grounds and the guests will be totally amazed by the food/drink and of course the wedding cake. Also the gazebo is overlooking the ocean and is the perfect size and look for your destination wedding. Not only did the folks at Cap Masion go above and beyond our expectations but they kept coming back to us asking what more they could do for us.... Now if that's not service I don't know what is.

Ross Stevenson, Mathew and Dey from Cap Masion I would like to thank you along with your staff of wonderful individuals from the bottom of my heart for making my wife and I's special day an experience that we will never forget. And we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Mr. & Mrs. Builta

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
RossCS, Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this review, October 25, 2010
Thank you both very much for taking the time to write your review following your wedding day with us at Cap Maison and we were delighted to be part of your special day!

We look forward to welcoming you both back for your 1st Anniversary next year!

Kind Regards

Ross

Ross Stevenson
General Manager - Cap Maison
edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

We stayed here for a week in a garden room and loved every minute. The setting is simply stunning. The 2 main pools were always fairly quiet, having so many private roof pools is ideal. We ate at The Cliff Restaurant 5 out of 7 nights and with the exception of 1 night the food was excellent. I would not advise you venture next door to The TAO restaurant at Le Sport. It was very disappointing and not to the same standard at The Cliff. I would try and get a package with breakfast included as otherwise it is $25 per person. Make sure you go to the 'Jump up' on Friday night in Gros Inslet, it is great fun!.A lovely hotel for a relaxing week in the sun with charming staff that I would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Utah, US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

Though the cab ride from the major airport on the south end of the island to the property of Cap Maison was long (1 1/2 hours) it was worth every minute. We had a junior villa suite which had a pool and veranda (where we spent tons of time) with gorgeous view of the ocean. The property is on a cliff and there are steps to the small (but nice) beach area. The restaurant was first rate. (We were disappointed the two times we didn't eat there.) Everyone strives to make your visit enjoyable, starting with complimentary bubbly on arrival. Double check on all reservations (spa, special zip line deck, etc.) as us and others found that there were some hiccups in scheduling. We felt private and secluded and appreciate that we could keep in touch with our kids via the wireless internet.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
RossCS, Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this review, October 5, 2010
We are delighted that you enjoyed your time spent with us at Cap Maison and the beautiful island that is St Lucia

Ross

Ross Stevenson
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

My husband and I found this place for our honeymoon after reviewing several others on the island of Saint Lucia as well. We could not have been more pleased with our choice and believe it was one of the best places we have ever stayed in our lives. The scenery is breathtaking and resort is quaint and charming. The restaurant, The Cliff at Cap, is fantastic. We ate there 5 out of 7 nights. The staff here is very friendly and accommodating and will set up any activities for you on the island during your stay. We also had several spa treatments and were very impressed. The activities you can do right from the hotel are great as well, we did a sunset cruise on the private boat that was great. We also enjoyed snorkeling and kyaking right from the beach and both we great! We cannot wait to go back sometime soon!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

Loved my holiday. i tend to splurge and visit different resorts off and on. I loved every moment of Cap maison.,
FANTASTIC restaurant and food. Hotel resembles a spanish style housing and its just simply beautiful. What i enjoyed most was that i AUTOMATICALLY received a 3 day rental in my Holiday package from AL-Rentals.Com. Inquire about that. MAde my explorations much more affordable and saved me tons on the cost of tours.
should not be rated as a 5 star but 5 diamond resort in my opinion.
BTW. the beach which the hotel sits on was filmed in the most recent bachelor TV show. Smugglers Cove. IT was an old pirate hide away.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Westport, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

As a 14 year old in a family with a 11 year old boy my father and I are the main vacation planners. I am so glad that we stumbeled along this gem. We were here for about a week on the Cap It All Off Package. All of our food was included and we are so happy that it was. The restaurant (Cliff at Cap) was so delicious. The waiters and waitresses knew our names and treated us like friends. I highly suggest the pork belly with squid for it is one of the most delicious things I have every eaten. The location is beatutiful and I wish I was still there. My family and I stayed in an oceanfront villa with a private pool. It really was ocean view and it was just steps away from EVERYTHING! The main pool was gorgeous as was the champange zip line terrace and the spanish courtyard pool. Sadly while we were there due to a storm the beach was small but still beautiful and the service at the beach was terriffic. On the other hand the front desk was very helpful with aranging a free shuttle to a different larger white sand beach and any other excursions you my be interested in. Now, I am working on a vacation to turks and caicos and I am worried that no resort will be any where as good as Cap Maison! The only advice I have for someone considering vacationing at Cap Maison is DO IT!!!! You won't be disapointed!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to Cap Maison? Share your experiences!