We recently stayed here on part of our island hopping trip through the Caribbean...
Our room was amazing after seeing pictures and requesting a specific room we were treated to a room which had a full kitchen, lounge area, large on-suite bathroom and a awesome roof top terrace with private swimming pool, hammock and sun loungers.
The Naked Fisherman Beach bar is the best thing about Cap Maison, the staff that cook are amazing and the food that is presented to you shows this exact quality. The atmosphere is festive and relaxed, exactly what you would expect on a beach holiday in the Caribbean.
The beach is public but is situated down 90 steps from Cap Maison so not many locals venture down. There are sun loungers and water sports and it is very peaceful and relaxing down there.
Staff members that made our stay enjoyable and memorable need a special mention. To Vanilla, Kimbo, Pernel and all the chefs at the Naked Fisherman, To Dunston and Deshay that run the water sporting activities you guys are amazing! Thank you to Allison, Chris and Imran at The Cliff restaurant. Kristal at reservations who made every effort to ensure we had all our requests met and finally Jasmine the duty manager was friendly and helpful.
As we were on the all inclusive package we were limited to only ordering wine by the glass. This wouldn't have been a problem if the wines were of a standard which you would expect at a 4/5 star hotel/resort There was only one half decent red wine on the menu. Having travelled to many places and come from a country that has decent wine for reasonable prices this was very disappointing as Cap Maison pride themselves on their wine selection however we felt time this was not the case with wines by the glass. The wine choice down at the beach bar was even worse so we were limited to only drinking cocktails which can become a little boring after 7 days.
ALL INCLUSIVE IS A BIG NO IF YOUR A WINE DRINKER!!
The other very unfortunate thing about Cap Maison is that the beach bar is only open Sunday to Wednesday from 10:00 - 16:00. From Thursday to Saturday it is open in the evenings as well. We would have much preferred spending our evenings watching the sunset and having dinner down on the beach where the food was delicious and the staff amazing. Limiting guests to only one restaurant in the evening 4 nights of the week should be changed. Also all water sports and beach loungers are packed up each day at 16:00. If the beach bar and water sports are not able to be open every night then they should at least let guest enjoy these facilities until the sun sets each day!!!
The Cliff Restaurant was relaxed at breakfast times however at night it turns into a more fine dining experience so a dress code is required. As we were on a island hopping adventure this came as a surprise to us and unfortunately put a damper on things as we did not pack any closed shoes or smart clothes.
In the bedroom the mattress was old and needed replacing as one side had a large hole in it when you lay on the bed.
We did not realize the rooms you stay in are not owned by the hotel but by private investors.FYI.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cap Maison is a new family owned and managed five star boutique resort. Located above a beautiful secluded sandy cove on the north west coast of St Lucia, Cap Maison offers luxury private villa suites, many with private rooftop pools. Facilities include a waterfront fine dining restaurant, spa, fully equipped fitness centre, walk in wine cellar, beach club with chaise lounge service, free non motorised water sports, a hiking and running club, private 46 foot resort boat, club lounge with (computer access) and concessionary golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Cap Maison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Maison Hotel Cap Estate
- Cap Maison Gros Islet
- Cap Maison Hotel Gros Islet
- Cap Maison St. Lucia/Cap Estate