“Awesome Property and Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cap Maison

You added Cap Maison to your Saves list
Cap Maison
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Smugglers Cove Dr, Cap Estate, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cap Estate
Norwalk
“Awesome Property and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Cap Maison for one night. Let me just say, I wish it was more than one night and I will for sure stay longer next time. The whole experience was delightful beginning with the arrival. My nose was greeted with an aromatic fragrance and when I inquired, I was told it was lemongrass. I got a cold towel to cool me down. The view of the sunset was just spectacular. The meals were awesome (be sure to order the St. Lucian Creole breakfast for a treat). It was so yummy we ordered 2. My fish roti was also very yummy for my ride back to the airport. They were great and packed up a nice box for my 90 minute ride back to the airport.
Staff was exceptional and aiming to please. The lyricist and guitar player at the restaurant were great. As you can see, my experience was awesome and I can't wait to get back. Keep up the great work Cap Maison. I shall return in the future.

Room Tip: Room 9 was paradise. I didn't stay in the room but checked out my friends and it was pretty ama...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thanks very much for taking the time to write your review following your short stay with us

Great to read that you had such a good time and also that you plan a longer stay on your next visit to St Lucia

G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

If you're looking for easy luxury, genuine hospitality and total relaxation in St. Lucia, this is where to go!

We enjoyed the second part of our honeymoon at Cap Maison and I would go back again and again. The genuine attentiveness of the staff left us feeling like royalty - it didn't seem like a chore to interact with us, rather that everyone was really proud of what they did and was enjoying their work day. Going to meals became fun because we created easy rapport with the staff there.

Big shout out to Matthew, the F&B Manager, and Chef Nico, both of whom went above and beyond to make our experience special. My husband's birthday fell during the trip and these two took extra steps to create a memorable celebration. I'm incredibly thankful for their efforts!

We had two couples massages, both blissful. The male therapist was one of the best I've ever had, and the prices were completely reasonable, especially considering the caliber of the resort.

We were lucky enough to be upgraded to an ocean view villa with a pool, which was lovely, although perhaps a little stuffy after dark when the blinds were drawn. I remain perplexed by the outdoor shower which had stairs from the outside going in to it and could be viewed from the upstairs unit balcony. I guess only good for a rinse off in your bathing suit, or if you're an exhibitionist! The ocean views from our back deck and pool kept me smiling the whole time, and remain with me.

With the meal plan option available at Cap Maison, I don't know why people would settle for those big box all inclusive resorts. With the meal plan, you can even opt to eat in your spacious villa, which is such a bonus, especially in the mornings.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that your Husbands birthday celebrations went well

Both Matthew and Nico were delighted to read your comments and it is wonderful to read that you would make a return visit!!

With Kind regards

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Let me start this review by saying (and I will later elobarate) how very nice and how very well run this hotel is. I absolutely recommend it if you are going to St Lucia for a short stop or on business - without doubt.

The reason for my title lies mainly in the following. I have been to (or should I say via) St Lucia several times on sailing trips. It's a beautiful island with lovely little coves to moor up in, take a swim and look at the incredible views that you get there. But this is not a place to go if you are looking for wide, white sandy beaches with swaying palm trees. They just don't exist in the same manner as say the West Coast of Barbados - or if you go to the Jalousie plantation south of Soufriere (currently being revamped as a Viceroy hotel) and use their imported white sand beach. Which is why I say this is the perfect place to stay if you are on business on the island. I would be very happy to stay here in between meetings. It has all you need for that or for a long weekend stop. It's not a long holiday kind of place. You would get bored.

For one thing it's not all-inclusive - hurrah! - this means that you get a chance to sample the delicious food they have in their Cliff restaurant (the head chef Tricky is ingenious) and his service staff delightful but it also gives you a chance to try out some of the other local restaurants, which personally I believe is a must if you want to really enjoy a place - and they have a number of really rather decent ones. I'm not personally a fan of all-inclusive but I can fully understand the 'ease' of them - merely that you get stuck in a little bubble - good or bad hotel dependent.

Cap Maison is a spanish style set of buildings with tasteful and simple (although very bland) interior decoration that lie in a perfect cliff top setting looking toward Martinique. A great view, if this is what you are looking for. The rooms are well-looked after (mostly) and comfortable in themselves. Each has a balcony of some sort and some (garden and rooftop) have their own pools.

The 'shared' pools are very small indeed - pretty- but not for you, if you like to have a work-out swim (unless you like swimming in tiny circles). The pretty little cove beach with beach bar is accessed by quite a few steps, so not great if you have problems walking or generally unfit - not a concern for me but worth noting. Also, the beach is only really in the sun in the afternoon - and you may find you need to keep moving your sunlounger to keep it that way. The water is very clear here.....more so than at other beaches we went to (probably due to the wind at the time of year) but definitely clearer. They have a few non-motorised water sports available - a hobie, some canoes but that's about it The snorkelling is also OK and if you are lucky you may see a turtle or two.....although I, personlly, didn't.

There were a couple of little points I'd like to make about the hotel (more as pointers than irritations). The shower room we had was small. In itself not a problem but what we found was that the tiling had been laid slightly wrongly, so the water would accumulate away from the plug and lie there till housekeeping came the next day. Not particularly pleasant but the mosquitoes loved it!
Also, I know they spray the resort for mosquitoes regularly but having a room spray or some coils there as standard would be good......we got bitten a lot.
Housekeeping were very diligent in their cleaning but often forgot to replace towels or bathroom sundries, so I did regularly have to ask for this to be brought up to the room.....a little annoying when you're butt naked and ready to shower.
Also, the pool loungers......beautifully designed dark (wrought iron?) metal based very comfy loungers. Only problem is that it's hot in St Lucia. So unless you remembered to cover the arms of said pretty loungers, you would get burnt - nothing major but a bore all the same. Maybe, when they buy new ones they can give this some thought.

A great little hotel. The staff were very helpful and very friendly. The room was nice with it's little sitting room addition. The view is lovely and the restaurant well worth a visit.

All in all a nice stay - would I go back. Certainly, if I was on business or needed a night or two in a bed off a boat. On a longer holiday......probably not.

Final tip......rent a car. It means it's alot easier to get around and you don't have to rely on taxis, which can add up.

Room Tip: Probably try and go for one with your own pool - rooftop or garden. But they are all nicely (if bla...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your review following your stay with us in October of this year.

I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and that you would return as this is all that we could ever wish for :)

Tricky was delighted to read your comments concerning the delicious food you sampled and the friendly service and you described our beach perfectly as a pretty cove

My apologies for the lack of attention to detail concerning your bathroom amenities

We have guests who stay for varying amounts of time and what we have found works best is that they have a lovely retreat in Cap Maison where they can easily search out a number of different and varied activities such as Rainforest Zip Lining , Kite Surfing, Rainforest Jungle Safaris, Jogging and Walking Trails on the East Coast and Julian the therapist who you loved in our Spa often takes guests on guided walks there.

Golf is all but 4 minutes away and as you mentioned we are perfectly located for exploring a number of restaurants, bars and casino 10 minutes from our resort

Please let me know when you next plan a visit to St Lucia so that I can take care of your reservation personally

Pooler, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Located at the north end of the island, just past the town of Castries, the location is excellent, with great views from some of the rooms and a small, very comfortable beach. My wife and I have been on most of the islands in the Caribbean and have stayed at many five star hotels and resorts we rank this one about the middle – excellent location and property but the dinner meals were skimpy and over-the-top expensive. Regarding rooms, it seems that you need to be very exact when booking a room so that you know what to expect when you get there and are not disappointed. We booked one of the more expensive rooms, described as a room with a private pool and an “ocean view”. To be able to see the ocean you had to go to the pool that was on the roof of our unit. Our balcony faced other units between the ocean and us. When we asked about rooms with an “ocean view” we were told that some rooms have views from the balcony and roof tops while others have ocean views from the roof top only. The resort was full and they would not be able to relocate us. Breakfast was included with our room. You could order from the menu or select from a typical European style breakfast that includes several cheeses, slices of ham, salami and other assorted cold cuts, breads, yogurts, fruit and assorted pastries. There is a small beach at the north most end of the property where drinks and snacks (potato chips and candy) are available. They also have a small grill there and offer lunch. While we were there they had shrimp and chicken on the menu, which seemed to be what they offered most of the time. I would not describe it as lunch though; it was at best a snack. We are not into big meals, but when my wife ordered grilled shrimp, she was served three very small shrimp and a few cucumber slices. I had ordered grilled chicken as was served three slivers of grilled chicken, each about the size of a little finger also with several cucumber slices. Each meal was about $22.00. Dinner was also very expensive and the servings were very small, about half the size of a typical small plate serving. We ate there three times and dinner meals for two ranged in price from $400 to $500 per meal, which did not include the cost of wine or cocktails. A small group plays as well during dinnertime. There is a spa on premise and I had a very nice massage at a reasonable price. Throughout our stay, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Taxi service is available to get you to Castries or a small shopping center just south of the resort. The ride to the shopping center is about 15 minutes and there are several restaurants there serving seafood and a steakhouse. The three that we ate at were all good and much less expensive than the resort. Castries is further south and about twice as long and not worth the additional time or effort to get there. Bottom line is that the resort is located on a great stretch of beach and is very relaxing, with a friendly staff, but the meals were small, very small, and unreasonable priced. While a nice resort with good food and friendly service, we think there are better values elsewhere in the Caribbean.

Room Tip: If you are spending the extra money to book a room with an "ocean view" be sure to ask if...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
AdamGobat, Owner at Cap Maison, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your stay with us and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time spent with us. I wanted to provide clarification with regards to food portioning and quality. We source whenever possible, local fresh organic produce mostly from our beautiful and bountiful island of St Lucia - we try to provide a balanced meal within a great dining experience. Our portions are certainly not designed to be small but we appreciate everyone has different needs and whilst we appreciate all comments the lack of quantity is not a consistent feedback. Regarding pricing we offer both an a la carte menu plus a daily changing “Simply Maison” menu. The three course price for the Simply Maison menu is US$55 per person which we believe is very competitive within our market.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Did the Peak to Beach deal as we met friends at Ladera prior to Cap Maison. Honestly, did very little research and just added it to the trip as the deal was so good. Boy were we impressed! Gorgeous ocean front villa with roof top lounge, wet bar and pool. The property was stunning as was the service. We hardly wanted to leave the villa! When we did, we were treated to the wonderful Cliff restaurant and the fun and beautiful Smuggler's beach. Yes it is 90 steps down, but it is so worth it. We were surprised with grilled lobster on the beach one day -- incredible!! Cannot recommend this resort highly enough!

Room Tip: Spoil yourself with the rooftop pool villa...it's worth it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for writing your review and we are delighted that you took the decision to add Cap Maison on to your trip!!

I often have to encourage guests to escape their villas so I am pleased that you did and got to experience both the Cliff at Cap Restaurant and our pretty beach Smugglers Cove

Thanks for your endorsement!!

Lowell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I spent the 1st week of our two week honeymoon at the Cap Maison in one of their Ocean view Villa Suites with a jacuzzi. The suite is to die for! Even though I had seen pictures online; I couldn't believe how big it was and that we had not one but two private balconies and a private rooftop terrace. Our ocean view was spectacular, especially from the rooftop and we both loved falling asleep to the sounds of waves crashing every night. The staff was very friendly and accommodating at all times. We had such a great experience and our stay there was relaxing and beautiful. I would absolutely recommend this resort to anyone looking for a top notch vacation or honeymoon and hope one day to go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Cap Maison to spend your Honeymoon!

I am delighted that you enjoyed your Villa suite with Jacuzzi and you had such a relaxing time - the sounds of the waves I am sure must have helped!!

We are delighted that you will return at some point in the future and we look forward to welcoming you both back!

With Kind Regards

Amarillo, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great location. Great property. We stayed at the Roof top pool room and was very spacious with a great view. My husband and I have travelled a lot but this was the first property we were disappointed with the service. We were told that it's a layed back life in the islands but when you stay at such expensive places a little better service is expected. Just to give one example, when we went to sit at the lounge chair near the main pool facing the ocean, we had to cover our own chaise with towels, move the umbrella to get shade and it was about 45 minutes before you were asked if we needed anything. Second example, before we checked in, it must have rained so the cushions were moved inside from the terrace pool. We waited till next day and it still was inside so we did it ourselves including opening the umbrella. No towels or any other amneties were placed at the pool area. There were other little things like room service never picked up anything from the balcony. Another disappointment was the food was ridicoulously expensive for the quality and quantity. The day we got there they had a set tapas menu for $55.00 Breakfast was a bare minimum with exactly the same few varieties of pastries and fruits. For such an expensive place not only you need a good location but also service and good food

AdamGobat, Owner at Cap Maison, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay with us due to service issues you experienced by the hotel's main pool and your private roof terrace pool which you highlighted in your review and in particular I wanted to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention as I now have had the opportunity of addressing these deficiencies with my team to ensure that we are consistent in our service delivery. I wanted to mention that due to possibility of inclement weather at certain times of the year we do not place pool towels on the open roof terrace although there are pool towels within all guests suites. Food is always an emotive subject as ones man’s feast is another man’s famine but I was surprised by your comments in relation to our Saturday Tapas evenings which is our most popular evening that we host. Typically guests receive -Tapas style - three appetizers, three main dishes and three desserts for US$55 which is very competitive with other high quality restaurants on the island. Thank you for your positive comments regarding the resort overall and your villa accommodation

Been to Cap Maison? Share your experiences!