“Exceeded All Expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cap Maison

You added Cap Maison to your Saves list
Cap Maison
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Smugglers Cove Dr, Cap Estate, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cap Estate
NY, NY
“Exceeded All Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in February 2011 and we loved every minute of it. After discovering that flights to St. Lucia were the one of the least expensive in the Caribbean, we decided we could splurge a little on the hotel. We were picked up at the airport and it does take awhile to get to the hotel (2 hours), and you go through some very windy roads, so its not great for people that get carsick easily. Anyway, after we arrived, the staff checked us in and we were upgraded to a junior suite with a private plunge pool. The villa was beautiful and spacious. The bed was very comfy and the bedroom is kept air conditioned, so its very pleasant contrast from the living area, where there is no A/C. We spent a lot of time on our private balcony, overlooking the ocean while we read or napped. The plunge pool was nice to have, but it was actually quite chilly so I didn't go in but my husband enjoyed it after laying in the hot sun.

We only went to Cap Maison's private beach while we were there and did not venture out to any other beaches - because we felt no need. The beach was private, not crowded at all and there were plenty of beach chairs available. The bar was fully stocked and you had plenty of water activities right at your fingertips.

The restaurant is good, but nothing special. We ate there for breakfast every day, lunch a few times and dinner a few times. It was mostly out of convenience and laziness, so if you are feeling motivated and adventurous, I would try to eat out at the local restaurants.

I would note is that we are a couple in our late 20's, and this hotel definitely attracts an older crowd. This is good for us, because we tend to be quiet vacationers. So if you are looking for a party and active nightlife with other hotel guests, this is probably not the right spot for you.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you so much for taking your time to write this review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your time spent with

Kind Regards

Ross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Kreskin2207
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

My wife and I just celebrated our honeymoon at Cap Maison and absolutely loved it. The drive up to the hotel really makes you feel like you're driving to your own secret hotel. We pulled up and had someone to promptly grab our bags and we entered the lobby where we were welcomed with a cool damp towel (which you'll realize in June how absolutely perfect this was). After briefly chatting and expressing our hunger we were escorted into The Cliff for lunch (before checking in). We had an all-inclusive package so we got to enjoy the food and staff at The Cliff for several days. I really can't say enough about the staff - they did an amazing job making us feel welcome and at home during our entire stay. The restaurant staff, reception, room service, beach bar/watersports, and spa staff really deserve kudos for making this hotel the absolute best.

We were in a Oceanview Villa Suite w/ jacuzzi which was absolutely perfect. You had a good view of the beach and the grounds and are close enough to be put to sleep each night by the rolling of the waves. One thing of note is that the downstairs of the villa is not air conditioned, but the upstairs bedroom is. Not that this was a problem, I actually found it quite nice to know I could retire to the AC, but thought it was worth pointing out. Both hotel pools are amazing, so I feel this size villa is the perfect choice.

Dinner each night was absolutely superb. The menu uses fresh ingredients and you can taste it in the food. I will say that while there is a nod to West Indian cuisine the majority of the menu is more contemporary with a tropical flair. Again, this isn't a problem, just noting for information. Lastly, with lunch we noticed that what we were served was always a variation on what we ordered - no avocado on the wrap, different veggies served with certain meals, etc. It became a joke by the second day - we'll order something and see what variation we actually get.

Again, none of this is complaining - I honestly feel, from my stay here and from conversations with other travelers, that this is THE spot in St. Lucia. Amazing staff, great location and amenities, fresh, tasty food...my little sliver of heaven...how can you go wrong?

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Travel is in my DNA and I’ve been blessed to stay at many luxury resorts. Cap Maison is truly special and remains top of my list of places to stay. One of the strongest distinctions about Cap Maison is their ability to exude luxury without losing the Caribbean charm. The décor, natural woods, hammered textured sinks, and hand painted rooms provide a warm element, even inspiring personal ideas on how you can incorporate these furnishings into your own home. As you arrive, a glass of champagne awaits with a warm welcome from Ross, the General Manager. We stayed in one of the Ocean Villa suites with our own personal jacuzzi, a full kitchen, living room and roof top terrace. Nestled over a cliff, the topography is dramatic and the soothing sound of crashing waves was a beautiful way to fall asleep and wake up. The rooftop terrace was so divine that I also borrowed one of the yoga mats from the gym to practice yoga on the roof. The cuisine at Cliff, the restaurant at Cap, was a sensory experience, which included many laughs from the engaging staff. I’m very much looking forward to returning!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Have just spent 10 days at Cap Maison and can safely say that its been the holiday of a life time that we planned !

As a number of people had suggested, we elected to travel from the airport in the south of the island to the airport in the North via helicoptor - a fantastic start to the holiday with spectalular scenery ...and nice to have a quick trip following an 8 hour flight from the UK.
Our pickup was awaiting us at the airport with cold drinks to take us to the resort.
As seems to be customary at Cap Maison, we were greeted by staff with cold towels and a glass of champagne and a warm welcome from Ross, the General Manager.

Our room was an Ocean View room (straight forward room, with no kitchen area) ...this was better than any other holiday location hotel room I have stayed in with a generous bathroom, very comfortable Queen sized bed, 32 flat screen TV and a Bose speaker system.
The views from the balcony were absolutly fantastic, taking in the Cliff @ Cap, the pool and looking directly over the Caribbean Sea and Pigeon Island ...could get used to that every day !

The stay was very relaxing in what was the 'quiet' wet season ..and we were well looked after by the staff around the pool and down on the beach. Little touches like a cold towel and a frappe to cool us down were fantastic. We also took advantage of facilities such as the gym (not bad for a hotel) and the free water activities on the beach ...the kayak was fun and the snorkelling was excellent.

I though the food at the Cliff @ Cap was superb ...breakfast was always very good and the evening dining was top class dining with a good choice - 2 different menus that were changed daily. The food is quite rich and not the kind of place I could eat every day ...but then tell me a good restaurant where you would ! We also bought some supplies from the supermarket in Rodney Bay for lunch time eating, though the food at the Cliff was nice to have now and again.

Rodney Bay was a 10 minute taxi ride each day @ $12US or $30EC each way which can add up when you go there severail times (we prob went 7 time in 10 days). There is a good choice of eateries and some excellent food (Big Chef has the best steaks !!) ...again, not the cheapest ...but this was not a regular holiday !

Its worth looking at the trips as the island is a beautiful island ...we did a sunset cruise on the Cap Maison I launch ...$130 per couple ...its a good couple of hours ...we went with 2 other couples and had a great time.
We also did the catamarn trip down to Soufrier to take in the Piton's, botanical gardens, volcano and mineral water falls ...that wasa great way to see a bit of the island.
The golf course is good for a few hours breather

The trip back to the airport by car will also take you through the rain forest and along the rugged Atlantic coast ...its worth going via luxury car to gain the best enjoyment ...not sure I could have handled the journey in a taxi with the winding roads !

I must also add that the staff at the hotel were out of this world. I do think that its part of the make up of St. Lucia were we found all the locals to be so friendly....and this was more than mirrored on the resort where the staff could not do enough for us. They responded to every request with a smile and with fast response ..and they also had a good knowledge of the island and area to answer any questions we had.

We did find that the island did seem to be full to brimming with honeymooners and is definitely better suited to couples who are looking to relax ..but we would certainly consider bringing the kids next time ...there were a few around who seemed to enjoy themselves (it all depends on what they expect to do)

Overall, I really cant complain at all about our holiday experience and will definitely come back should circumstances present themselves.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed a week at Cap Maison in St. Lucia and loved it. It was a beautiful resort and the grounds were well kept. When we arrived at the airport, everyone was so friendly. We waited in the customs line for about an hour because a Virgin Atlantic plane had issues and ended up arriving the same day as ours.
I would HIGHLY recommend spending the extra $30 person to take the helicopter. The hurricane in Oct. of 2010 destroyed the roads. It is a 2 hour ride to the resort and if you have any kind of motion sickness issues, it is WELL worth it. From the helicopter pad, Cap Maison is about a 15 minute ride through town.
Once we got to the resort, we were greeted and given a glass of champagne which was nice after our 8 hour flight. :) They showed us our room and let us get settled in. We had the honeymoon suite (we were not on our honeymoon but Amex upgraded us.) It was definitely the best view. The other rooms had the garden and trees blocking their view but when we looked out of our balcony, we saw the ocean. It was so gorgeous!!!
The only complaints that I have about the room is that the air only cools the bedroom, which is fine, but it just can't keep it cool enough. It feels great when you walk in from being outdoors but once you are in the room for a few minutes, it just doesn't do the job. The other complaint is that they only gave us wash cloths on the first night. That's it!! We even asked them at the front desk and still never got them. It was kind of strange.
There isn't really any "beach" in St. Lucia. The only beach is the man made one that Sandals has gated off.
We walked through town and hung out at a few bars. We went to Spinnakers, a Mexican Restaurant and the FireHouse (I think that 's what it's called.) All of the places had great drinks and really good food. Cap Maison has some AMAZING food but the portions are so small. We had been traveling all day and were really looking forward to a great meal. We ordered and were so shocked by the portion. It is pricey but worth every penny.
We went on the zipline and tram tour which was a lot of fun. Seeing the rainforest was awesome and we went when it rained so our zipline was super fast. :) We also went to the "volcano" and the mud bath. We did the land tour and wish we would have done the land and sea tour. We got very car sick from being on those bumpy curvy roads for so long. It was a lot of fun though. We picked our own mangos and cashews. We learned a lot of history about the island. We also climbed the fort and then to the top of another mountain which overlooks the entire island. It was in a park area.
Overall a great trip!! Wonderful resort and friendly staff. I don't think that I would ever go there again however. It is definitely a honeymoon spot ! I don't know if I met anyone that wasn't on their honeymoon. Ha. I love the beach and there just wasn't a lot of it. Plus, the hike up and down the stairs to the "beach" was hard. It was so steep and a really long way down.
I hope this is helpful!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed at Cap Maison for our honeymoon in one of the Oceanview Villa Suites with a pool and rooftop terrace. The suite was more than we could have ever dreamed of! It was beautiful and the grounds of the resort are very well manicured as well.
The views from our rooftop, pool and beach were stunning.
The restaurant was good food as well and the service we received was well above average. The staff was very friendly and helpful to support us in anything we needed. I will say that this a very reclusive resort so if it is the crowds of people and busy vacations that you enjoy then this may not be the place for you. But if one is looking to relax and enjoy the company of your spouse/companion then i HIGHLY recommend it!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Thank you very much for your detailed review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time spent with us

It was lovely to read that our staff looked after your needs and I am sure, like me, they look forward to another opportunity to look after you both

Kind regards

Ross Stevenson
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I just returned from St. Lucia where I fell in love with Cap Maison. The stunning views combined with warm and hospitable service made this hotel a definite on my return list. Add to that the well stocked and carefully chosen wine cellar, a creative chef that delivers amazing food and I might have found heaven on earth. General Manager, Ross Stevenson, was everywhere making sure that guests were happy. Nice diversity in the guests and we enjoyed getting to know several of them.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Thank you very much for your review and I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your vacation with us and in particular that you enjoyed our restaurant The Cliff at Cap.

We are particularly proud of our wine list and it was great to see that we managed to tempt you with some of our selections

Kind regards

Ross Stevenson

Been to Cap Maison? Share your experiences!