My wife and I just celebrated our honeymoon at Cap Maison and absolutely loved it. The drive up to the hotel really makes you feel like you're driving to your own secret hotel. We pulled up and had someone to promptly grab our bags and we entered the lobby where we were welcomed with a cool damp towel (which you'll realize in June how absolutely perfect this was). After briefly chatting and expressing our hunger we were escorted into The Cliff for lunch (before checking in). We had an all-inclusive package so we got to enjoy the food and staff at The Cliff for several days. I really can't say enough about the staff - they did an amazing job making us feel welcome and at home during our entire stay. The restaurant staff, reception, room service, beach bar/watersports, and spa staff really deserve kudos for making this hotel the absolute best.
We were in a Oceanview Villa Suite w/ jacuzzi which was absolutely perfect. You had a good view of the beach and the grounds and are close enough to be put to sleep each night by the rolling of the waves. One thing of note is that the downstairs of the villa is not air conditioned, but the upstairs bedroom is. Not that this was a problem, I actually found it quite nice to know I could retire to the AC, but thought it was worth pointing out. Both hotel pools are amazing, so I feel this size villa is the perfect choice.
Dinner each night was absolutely superb. The menu uses fresh ingredients and you can taste it in the food. I will say that while there is a nod to West Indian cuisine the majority of the menu is more contemporary with a tropical flair. Again, this isn't a problem, just noting for information. Lastly, with lunch we noticed that what we were served was always a variation on what we ordered - no avocado on the wrap, different veggies served with certain meals, etc. It became a joke by the second day - we'll order something and see what variation we actually get.
Again, none of this is complaining - I honestly feel, from my stay here and from conversations with other travelers, that this is THE spot in St. Lucia. Amazing staff, great location and amenities, fresh, tasty food...my little sliver of heaven...how can you go wrong?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cap Maison is a new family owned and managed five star boutique resort. Located above a beautiful secluded sandy cove on the north west coast of St Lucia, Cap Maison offers luxury private villa suites, many with private rooftop pools. Facilities include a waterfront fine dining restaurant, spa, fully equipped fitness centre, walk in wine cellar, beach club with chaise lounge service, free non motorised water sports, a hiking and running club, private 46 foot resort boat, club lounge with (computer access) and concessionary golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Jetsetter, Regatta Hotels, Amex, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Cap Maison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Maison Hotel Cap Estate
- Cap Maison Gros Islet
- Cap Maison Hotel Gros Islet
- Cap Maison St. Lucia/Cap Estate